Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a vin from HOEGH ASIA today.
OK Will add her to the map - she is currently in the Gulf of Aden ETA Suez 8/1
My X Plaid was booked on Hoegh Transporter that arrived 2 dec to Zeebrugge., did not arrive, hoped it was on HOEGH TROVE that arrived to Zeebrugge before Christmas. Tesla Sweden receive no contact with my Plaid.
They believe it will come with the next boat but no nothing about any boat transfers.

Have anyone the same problem or have any guess about the first transport with S/X to Europe 2023?
No news on the next shipment from Baltimore. I will keep an eye on it.

Reactions: Frizzy
Wednesday 04 Jan 23

HOEGH ASIA
ETA Zeebrugge 20 Jan At least 1 confirmed VIN onboard. I'm not expecting this ship to be fully loaded with Teslas, just several hundred, if past form is anything to go by. If you are on the continent and have a VIN, enter it HERE to see if it's onboard.

GOLD XING I'm having doubts about this ship carrying any Teslas. She is heading to Zeebrugge though.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Zeebrugge around 30 Jan. I think this is a Tesla shipment and the recent VIN shower seems to confirm it.

SEA HELLINIS is alongside Shanghai South at the moment and should depart in the next few hours. It will be interesting to see where she heads off to.

TARIFA is presently on her way in to dock at Shanghai South. Her itinerary is not yelling 'Teslas onboard' to me. She will call at Barcelona on 28 Jan but otherwise I would say she is definitely not on Tesla business. It looks like a local manufacturer, other than Tesla, may now also be using Shanghai South for exports.

You can follow the progress of Tesla ships on this map which is regularly updated, via satellite, with the ship's latest positions.

SEA HELLINIS is enroute to Europe.

My personal prediction was, it's go to Japan.
Yes she is certainly heading for Europe/UK which is a bit of a surprise for a small ship.
We shall see if there is a VIN allotment in the coming days.
I do wonder whether another manufacturer is now using Shanghai South for export.
A WuWa video would be very useful of the loading of this ship and of TARIFA.

Just found this thread and the map - great work to everybody who contributes!

I'm in the UK and ordered a Model 3 Performance in October, with delivery estimate constantly saying 1st March. As I'm through an employer EV scheme, I don't think I will get a VIN online and will have to wait until I get a text from Tesla. Their last text said a vehicle was still unallocated.

Can anybody help me understand how long production and shipping from China to UK takes? In other words, if their 1st March date is correct (I know its a big if), when would I expect my car to be on a boat? Thanks.

I'm in the UK and ordered a Model 3 Performance in October, with delivery estimate constantly saying 1st March. As I'm through an employer EV scheme, I don't think I will get a VIN online and will have to wait until I get a text from Tesla. Their last text said a vehicle was still unallocated.

Can anybody help me understand how long production and shipping from China to UK takes? In other words, if their 1st March date is correct (I know its a big if), when would I expect my car to be on a boat? Thanks.
I believe it takes approximately one month for a ship to arrive, or around 28 days, but I'm sure Mr Miserable can confirm.

I'm wondering if it's possible to locate my car with VIN number. Ordered a Model Y RWD here in Sweden. It's said it will arrive between 12-26 january.

LRWYGCFS5PC674059
Well it's not showing as being onboard a Hoegh ship which rules out a couple of possibilities. The problem is the anticipated delivery date window is too early for a shipment onboard GRANDE CALIFORNIA. This suggests there is another ship we don't know about (that left Shanghai in Dec) or that your car is already landed and is making its way north. Or both. This is the second vehicle in this batch that seems to have escaped normal monitoring and I wonder whether these cars were shipped on COURAGEOUS ACE. If that is the case your car left Shanghai on 26 Nov and was unloaded in Zeebrugge earlier this week and should now be on its way to Sweden. Quite how cars are shipped to Sweden is undetermined - in the past we have seen them been moved by train, road and sea via Malmo and Walhamn.
There is however a ship DANUBE HIGHWAY which leaves Zeebrugge on Sat 06 Jan and arrives in Malmo on Monday 08 Jan - that's my best guess at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: navguy12

You should be OK for a March delivery but it very much depends on the output of the Shanghai GF. Read the first post of this thread to give you an idea of how the Tesla system works and what to expect. The problem in your case is that to get a 01 Mar delivery your car will probably have to be shipped from Shanghai prior to the factory shutdown on 20 Jan. A shipment in February will get you a March delivery but not 01 March.

Well it's not showing as being onboard a Hoegh ship which rules out a couple of possibilities. The problem is the anticipated delivery date window is too early for a shipment onboard GRANDE CALIFORNIA. This suggests there is another ship we don't know about (that left Shanghai in Dec) or that your car is already landed and is making its way north. Or both. This is the second vehicle in this batch that seems to have escaped normal monitoring and I wonder whether these cars were shipped on COURAGEOUS ACE. If that is the case your car left Shanghai on 26 Nov and was unloaded in Zeebrugge earlier this week and should now be on its way to Sweden. Quite how cars are shipped to Sweden is undetermined - in the past we have seen them been moved by train, road and sea via Malmo and Walhamn.
There is however a ship DANUBE HIGHWAY which leaves Zeebrugge on Sat 06 Jan and arrives in Malmo on Monday 08 Jan - that's my best guess at the moment.
You might actually be spot on. Tesla has actually changed their deliveres to the harbour in Malmo so that's where all of us who's waiting for a Tesla being redirected to go and pickup.