Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Monday 16 Jan 23

HOEGH ASIA
Zeebrugge DELAYED . Currently 'hove-to' off Trafalgar waiting for the N Atlantic weather to improve. She will head to Le Havre initially then Zeebrugge.
It is indeed already floating 2 days in the Golf of Cadiz. My MYLR is on board. Any idea / good site to learn when the weather will improve? Delivery to me is listed between January 17th and 31st.

It is indeed already floating 2 days in the Golf of Cadiz. My MYLR is on board. Any idea / good site to learn when the weather will improve? Delivery to me is listed between January 17th and 31st.
HOEGH ASIA's schedule has just been updated and now says Le Havre 21 Jan and Zeebrugge on 24 Jan.
She is not alone in sheltering in the Gulf of Cadiz / Gibaraltar area at the moment.
You can see on windy.com that 7m + waves can be expected off the Iberian peninsula at the moment.
I suspect that the combination of the N Atlantic swell and the waves caused by the local wind are making it a bit of a fairground ride.
Whilst all the cars onboard will be lashed down to the deck, the ship's master has a duty to ensure the cargo is delivered undamaged.
In this case I think it's better for your car to arrive late than never.

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 09.07.20.png

The GOLD XING has reappeared at the Gulf of Suez. If it's not off topic, may I ask why a ship would leave her transponder off that long? Is the whole of the Red Sea an area of high risk?
There is a ship MV SAVIZ that Iranian paramilitaries use that is in the Red Sea off Yemen.
Normally the switch-on line is much further south than when GOLD XING remembered to do it.

Reactions: Andy Jones
Hello all, great forum, especially this thread, reading with interest.
I have model 3 LR ordered 11th Oct via lease company , and enquired on the webiste why a car is in stock on the Tesla UK website to my exact spec , but no delivery info .
I had a text from Tesla to confirm delivery address 10th Jan
The lady confrimed my order has a match and was on a ship for mid Feb delivery . I live fairly close to Southampton. I asked was it on MSC Immacolata they couldn't confirm. Progress:)

How weird. Wonder if ours are on two different boats?

I also didn’t ask for delivery (and that’s what Tesla have offered) but mine is a lease so not sure if that works different (delivery vs collection).
Do you know if your lease company have updated your order to reflect the price cut?

I've ordered via lease, got the deliver address confirmation but haven't yet had a delivery date text.

Spoke to my company and they said the lease company is still working through the impact of the price change.

Do you know if your lease company have updated your order to reflect the price cut?

I've ordered via lease, got the deliver address confirmation but haven't yet had a delivery date text.

Spoke to my company and they said the lease company is still working through the impact of the price change.
I’m with LeasePlan, they have stated on their website that their intention is to pass on the price cut to customers who have ordered but haven’t had delivery yet. But, I’ve not had anything from them yet to confirm that or to let me know what new price will be.

Reactions: Bankstarr
How weird. Wonder if ours are on two different boats?

I also didn’t ask for delivery (and that’s what Tesla have offered) but mine is a lease so not sure if that works different (delivery vs collection).
Also lease - changed from home delivery (17th feb) to collection which moved it forward a day. Been told a VIN has been allocated, wasn’t expecting one this soon to be honest!

Lease company (Octopus) is updating agreements to reflect the new price before delivery.