Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, ordered a M3RWD red/black last September via lease company in NL. Contacted Tesla last week but no VIN available yet unfortunately, eagerly waiting though.

Question about the WuWa vids however: the cars shown there all seem to have the “old-style” chrome awnings, instead of the newer “chrome delete” awnings. Does this make sense or am I confusing/seeing things?

Thanks Mr. Miserable for this awesome thread! Certainly makes the wait a bit more tolerable 😊

Hi all, ordered a M3RWD red/black last September via lease company in NL. Contacted Tesla last week but no VIN available yet unfortunately, eagerly waiting though.

Question about the WuWa vids however: the cars shown there all seem to have the “old-style” chrome awnings, instead of the newer “chrome delete” awnings. Does this make sense or am I confusing/seeing things?

Thanks Mr. Miserable for this awesome thread! Certainly makes the wait a bit more tolerable 😊
What you are seeing is protection tape for transportation.
You are not the first and won't be the last to spot that!
Your car will be delivered "chrome deleted"

Hi all I am hearing different reports about rwd my to Ireland. Some say the boat has left and if your car is not on it then September is the next delivery. But Tesla say there is still boats to load with cars for Ireland.
what do you think am I clutching at straws

Hi all I am hearing different reports about rwd my to Ireland. Some say the boat has left and if your car is not on it then September is the next delivery. But Tesla say there is still boats to load with cars for Ireland.
what do you think am I clutching at straws
We are expecting the Dream Orchid to return back to Shanghai soon and make a trip back to Zeebruge which would allow it (in theory) to contain RHD for Irelands for end of March Q1 deliveries

We are expecting the Dream Orchid to return back to Shanghai soon and make a trip back to Zeebruge which would allow it (in theory) to contain RHD for Irelands for end of March Q1 deliveries
Somebody in the Tesla Owners Ireland FB group said that Tesla told them today that all Q1 allocations for Ireland were complete now so if you don't have a VIN assigned now then you are not getting a car in this Q and the best you can hope for now is a May/June shipment.

Somebody in the Tesla Owners Ireland FB group said that Tesla told them today that all Q1 allocations for Ireland were complete now so if you don't have a VIN assigned now then you are not getting a car in this Q and the best you can hope for now is a May/June shipment.
And likewise - a Tesla store rep told me last week (in person in Cork) that the people tracking ships are unreal and often know more than they do themselves!

Reactions: Redsolardrive
Bad news for me then. You'd expect that the 'Estimated Delivery Date' would auto change to Apr-Jun with the push of the last allocation button

That might be a glimmer of hope. It gets worse for Ireland as I was talking to Tesla yesterday and they confirm that Ireland does not get a second quarter delivery. So if it’s not in q1 then q3 is the next delivery. to say the least this infuriates me and when I asked why the website says April may they just said the website is wrong. 🤬🤬🤬

I can see 3 ships in dock at Zeebrugge - all vehicle carriers. I do not know what they have been known to carry before, and I don't know where they are heading after Zeebrugge. But perhaps Mr. Miserable have some history on them. They are Auto Aspire, Splendid Ace and Miracolous Ace.

Reactions: Christine69420
That might be a glimmer of hope. It gets worse for Ireland as I was talking to Tesla yesterday and they confirm that Ireland does not get a second quarter delivery. So if it’s not in q1 then q3 is the next delivery. to say the least this infuriates me and when I asked why the website says April may they just said the website is wrong. 🤬🤬🤬
I see from the Tesla groups on Facebook in Norway, that some have been waiting for a red MYLR for almost a year now. Tesla gives next to no information.

Anyone have any idea about Model X / S heading for Europe? Dont see any vessels from US to Europe at all on the tracking map. Ordered Model X exactly 2 years ago and had a delivery Q1 but now it changed to Q2. Customer support says they are still targeting to deliver in Q1 though. No vin assigned. Ordered to Sweden.

Reactions: colo
MSC Immacolata appears to have docked at Southampton.

Question - What processes are involved nd how long do they take once a Ship has docked. Obviously all the cars need to be unloaded - that must take a fair bit of time in itself! I assume there's some sorting of admin that takes place once on dry land. Then they need to be loaded onto transporters and delivered around the country - presumably to Tesla service centres(?) for their pre delivery checks. How long does the PDC process take? Then the logistics of getting the right car to the right collection point or delivery driver needs to take place. etc..etc..

I'm guessing the processes involved from getting a car off a docked ship to the new owner driving it away are fairly time consuming.

Reactions: manub

Question - What processes are involved nd how long do they take once a Ship has docked. Obviously all the cars need to be unloaded - that must take a fair bit of time in itself! I assume there's some sorting of admin that takes place once on dry land. Then they need to be loaded onto transporters and delivered around the country - presumably to Tesla service centres(?) for their pre delivery checks. How long does the PDC process take? Then the logistics of getting the right car to the right collection point or delivery driver needs to take place. etc..etc..

I'm guessing the processes involved from getting a car off a docked ship to the new owner driving it away are fairly time consuming.
From my perspective - working in the logistic and transportation business - it would take som time, yes. And on top of the registration process, they need to move the cars quite a distance too. When I see how many cars are still at the dock in Drammen, I think we need to just sit back and just wait 😓

See HERE

I can see 3 ships in dock at Zeebrugge - all vehicle carriers. I do not know what they have been known to carry before, and I don't know where they are heading after Zeebrugge. But perhaps Mr. Miserable have some history on them. They are Auto Aspire, Splendid Ace and Miracolous Ace.
You need to look at Zeebrugge on Google satellite view. Count the cars.
Zeebrugge is the busiest vehicle import/export port in the world!
There are about 700 ocean going car transporters - I just try and track the ones currently being used by Tesla to EU/UK

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420