Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. How does one find out where the vessel departed from. Trying to understand if any ships departed from the US and when they are arriving in EU as im waiting for my Model X which is built in Freemont. Ordered to Sweden.

Hi. How does one find out where the vessel departed from. Trying to understand if any ships departed from the US and when they are arriving in EU as im waiting for my Model X which is built in Freemont. Ordered to Sweden.
I haven't spotted any obvious S/X shipments this quarter so far. I am looking though.
Last quarter we saw 2 shipments from Baltimore to Zeebrugge.

A ship I will be monitoring is TYSLA which departs Baltimore on 10 Mar and arrives Zeebrugge on 20 Mar. At the moment she is just 'one to watch' because there are aspects of her itinerary which suggest she won't be carrying any S/X, however they can change.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
My brother and I ordered two Model Y’s (standard,white) in UAE.
Any update onto when any shipping would reach the UAE soon??
The wait is a terrible period to go through
There are numerous regular scheduled services that Tesla can use to ship from Shanghai to Jebel Ali. It takes about 15 days. It therefore helps to narrow down and identify the actual ship if you have been given an EDD and VIN.

Right!
I use it sometimes to "click through" to the data of the ship itself.

Today, the difference to the map to you refer is only one ship, the Goliath Leader.
and HOEGH CHIBA and incorrect details about DREAM ORCHID and...I could go on.
I used to recommend this spreadsheet but I don't anymore - stuff seems to get added on a whim, with no evidence to support it.
GLOVIS COURAGE is a recent example along with some of the Australian ships. MORNING LENA?

Last edited:
There are numerous regular scheduled services that Tesla can use to ship from Shanghai to Jebel Ali. It takes about 15 days. It therefore helps to narrow down and identify the actual ship if you have been given an EDD and VIN.
Thanks for that.
When we spoke to the guys at tesla they told us the EDD would probably be the last week of feb or march first week.
Just to clarify, do they provide us the VIN once it leaves from Shanghai or after it arrives at jebel Ali?

The (hidden) VIN is usually assigned around the time of departure from Shanghai, as far as I have understood (assuming it's not coming from Berlin). If you look at @Mr Miserable's post from earlier today you can see two possible candidates.
Thanks! I see Glovis Summit seems to have departed now but no hidden VIN so I presume it's not on that one. I see you mentioned Berlin - is there anyway to guess whether it's from Shanghai or Berlin?

Over in Shanghai DREAM ORCHID has, as expected, arrived alongside Shanghai South. We know she will depart to Zeebrugge.
Still lurking offshore is GRANDE NEW JERSEY and I suspect she is waiting for DREAM ORCHID to depart.
this maybe a stupid question but when do you think we will find out if any of the cars onboard are for Ireland? I live in hope but will probably die in despair 😩

Monday 13 Feb 23 SUMMARY

GRAND MARK
ETA Southampton Western Docks 05:30 17 Feb.

LAKE KIVU ETA Zeebrugge 18 Feb.

HOEGH TRAPPER ETA Zeebrugge 22 Feb. This is not a Tesla charter but a scheduled service however she is carrying Teslas to Zeebrugge.

COSCO TENGFEI is apparently destined to Turkey and so very unlikely to be a 'Tesla' ship. UPDATE: ETA Derince 25 Feb so that gives her plenty of time to visit Ashdod, Koper or both. She remains a suspect for the moment....

RCC PASSION ETA Koper 27 Feb. A prime suspect at the moment.

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard.

GLOVIS SUNRISE I suspect she may be heading to Zeebrugge ETA ~08 Mar

GLOVIS SUMMIT I suspect she may be heading to Southampton ETA ~11 Mar

DREAM ORCHID is currently alongside Shanghai South.
UPDATE: She is due to depart to Pyeongtaek, S Korea initially before heading to Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY is still loitering off the coast and looks like she is waiting to dock at Shanghai South

GRAND RUBY is on her way to Shanghai South. She will head to NW Europe.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is free despite being updated via satellite with the latest data available, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Last edited:
Monday 13 Feb 23 SUMMARY

GRAND MARK
ETA Southampton Western Docks 05:30 17 Feb.

LAKE KIVU ETA Zeebrugge 18 Feb.

HOEGH TRAPPER ETA Zeebrugge 22 Feb. This is not a Tesla charter but a scheduled service however she is carrying Teslas to Zeebrugge.

COSCO TENGFEI is apparently destined to Turkey and so very unlikely to be a 'Tesla' ship.

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard.

GLOVIS SUNRISE I suspect she may be heading to Zeebrugge ETA ~08 Mar

GLOVIS SUMMIT I suspect she may be heading to Southampton ETA ~11 Mar

DREAM ORCHID is currently alongside Shanghai South.
UPDATE: She is due to depart to Pyeongtaek, S Korea initially before heading to Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY is still loitering off the coast and looks like she is waiting to dock at Shanghai South

GRAND RUBY is on her way to Shanghai South. She will head to NW Europe.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is free despite being updated via satellite with the latest data available, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.
Mr Miserable, just out of interest why do you now suspect the Glovis Sunrise is for Zeebrugge and the Glovis Summit is for Southampton?