Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it was not hidden and there wasn't any notification. The only indication I had was the variable isNotMatchedToRa00Vin was set to false in the source code, which some may say it means there's a soft-match. Couple of days later I got the message to choose a collection date & time.

Only after CHIBA went through SUEZ I've got the VIN to appear both on my account and the source code.
What and when did you order out of interest ? Same false notification for me MYLR white base on order since Jan but nothing official yet

.... The only indication I had was the variable isNotMatchedToRa00Vin was set to false in the source code, which some may say it means there's a soft-match. Couple of days later I got the message to choose a collection date & time.

Only after CHIBA went through SUEZ I've got the VIN to appear both on my account and the source code.
Seeing this on my order, but haven't checked for this variable before, so don't know if it has been there since Day 1

No VIN showing my side (via the Chrome Ext)

So
OK In which case, I will regard COSCO TENGFEI as a possible suspect - she was before but I didn't identify any VIN shower associated with her departure. There was also a suspicion from satellite imagery that there were no Teslas remaining in the compounds for her to load. She is presently crossing the Arabian Sea and is on schedule (a leisurely schedule) to arrive in Suez on 17 Feb.
We don't know where her final destination is however we can be reasonably confident it isn't Barcelona and the odds are in favour of it being Zeebrugge. On that basis I estimate she should arrive there around 25 Feb. Having said that, her rate of progress to date has been quite lethargic and so that date can probably be regarded as a 'not before' date. I still have my doubts about this ship being a Tesla ship and would like to see some more evidence before adding her to the tracking map.
So really really weird development. I did track the COSCO SHIPPING LIBRA who actually went to Rotterdam and arrived at 18th (evening). In the morning, I asked Tesla if they could tell me the position of the car. I literally stood next to the Tesla agent, on the morning of 18th Feb, who clicked in their system who showed on the map that my tesla was in Shanghai harbor with 47% of charge. I didn't want to believe this as this would have meant that I'd have to wait at least a month more.

I kind of hoped that the position into the system was fed by the car itself and once loaded, it couldn't update the position. This made me reiterate the question to another agent at Tesla which I sent yesterday.
Today I got an answer that the car was in Tilburg Netherlands which is close to Rotterdam. The data they give me indicate it could have travelled with Cosco shipping libra. This is so weird. I see it's a container ship. And i see that it looks like it came from Singapore and before that a port in China. Question is whether the port before that was Shanghai?

Does anyone know at what point in the shipping process that Tesla ‘allocates’ a vehicle?

Ordered via Salary Sac so can’t access any details but Tesla chat have advised yesterday that I have been ‘allocated’ a vehicle and that EDD is still mid-late March to UK. So I assume that means I have a VIN.
From the info above it would tally that my car is on the Grande New Jersey so I messaged Tesla today to ask the name of the ship it was on, mainly to stop hoping it might arrive earlier, they have replied stating they didn’t know the answer which I find odd considering they have matched me with a vehicle.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Monday 20 Feb 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH TRAPPER
ETA Zeebrugge 22 Feb. This is not a Tesla charter but a scheduled service however she is carrying Teslas to Zeebrugge. . Her scheduled arrrival in Zeebrugge remains 22 Feb.

RCC PASSION ETA Koper 27 Feb. A prime suspect but no firm evidence to suggest she is carrying any Teslas.

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard.

GLOVIS SUNRISE Could she be heading to Southampton first???? I have just reviewed my calcs and she could arrive as early as 07 Mar. We know she departs Zeebrugge on 09 Mar so that could still fit. The VIN allocations and EDD all seem to indicate she will call at Southampton.

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Barcelona 08 Mar. Could this ship have the Ashdod shipment onboard? She could arrive on 03 or 04 Mar and still make it to Barcelona on schedule. No clues on the Ashdod arrivals board yet....

DREAM ORCHID Departed Shanghai South to Pyeongtaek, S Korea. Now heading to Southampton ETA 19 Mar (via refuel in Singapore) and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 16 Mar. Currently enroute to Singapore(refuel stop).

GRAND RUBY is now enroute to Singapore ETA 22 Feb.
This could mean an ETA in Koper of 10 Mar or Barcelona on 11 Mar. If heading to Zeebrugge ~ 16 Mar

GRAND HERO is still alongside Shanghai South. Her destination remains undetermined for the moment but I think it is more likely to be a Mediterranean port rather than one in NW Europe..

GOLD XING ETA Taipei 04 Mar. She is heading to Taiwan with Berlin-built MYs onboard.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.'

K.ASIAN BEAUTY is inbound to Pier 80. I assume a shipment to Taiwan but ....
Anyone in San Francisco able to take a look at what is parked on Pier 80 at the moment??

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is free despite being updated via satellite with the latest data available, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.
Thank a bunch for this information. You mention "HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard."
What is the probability that there could be RHD Model X orders on this shipment?

Been following the thread for a while but created an account and posting to hopefully help on the Glovis Sunrise Southampton theory. I got a text from Tesla on 7th Feb (the day Sunrise docked in Shanghai) and earliest I could collect from Southampton was 7th March, which roughly tracks with Mr Miserable's estimate for a potential Southampton dock-in.

I've got a VIN after talking to Tesla and asking, but can't remember whether I had it before they asked me to book a slot for collection. Either way, similar dates to some others.
I have a delivery scheduled for the 7th March in South Wales, UK, so they best be quick offloading, unless there are a few hung over from the GRAND MARK...

Thank a bunch for this information. You mention "HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard."
What is the probability that there could be RHD Model X orders on this shipment?
No chance, Model X are manufactured in the USA - none delivered to Ireland in over 3 years. Shanghai only makes Model 3 & Model Y

So

So really really weird development. I did track the COSCO SHIPPING LIBRA who actually went to Rotterdam and arrived at 18th (evening). In the morning, I asked Tesla if they could tell me the position of the car. I literally stood next to the Tesla agent, on the morning of 18th Feb, who clicked in their system who showed on the map that my tesla was in Shanghai harbor with 47% of charge. I didn't want to believe this as this would have meant that I'd have to wait at least a month more.

I kind of hoped that the position into the system was fed by the car itself and once loaded, it couldn't update the position. This made me reiterate the question to another agent at Tesla which I sent yesterday.
Today I got an answer that the car was in Tilburg Netherlands which is close to Rotterdam. The data they give me indicate it could have travelled with Cosco shipping libra. This is so weird. I see it's a container ship. And i see that it looks like it came from Singapore and before that a port in China. Question is whether the port before that was Shanghai?
There were reports of some manufacturers resorting to container shipments because of the lack of available RoRo capacity. As far as I can tell, Tesla are the cause of the lack of RoRo capacity and as such have not yet resorted to container transport of their finished cars. I did look at COSCO SHIPPING LIBRA when you first mentioned it and as far as I could tell then she had not called at Shanghai recently. I don't track container ships and so the furthest I can see back at the moment is 25 Jan when she called at Singapore. I really don't think this ship transported your car.
I am also somewhat surprised that Tesla are telling you your car is in Tilburg. Model S and Model X used to be shipped by container from Houston to Tilburg for reassembly. The Tilburg reassembly line is long gone. Cars for Sweden do not go via Tilburg anymore. As you say, weird.

Tuesday 21 Feb 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH TRAPPER
ETA Zeebrugge tomorrow. This is not a Tesla charter but a scheduled service however she is carrying Teslas to Zeebrugge.

RCC PASSION ETA Koper 27 Feb. A prime suspect but no firm evidence to suggest she is carrying any Teslas.

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard.

GLOVIS SUNRISE Could she be heading to Southampton first???? She could arrive as early as 07 Mar. We know she departs Zeebrugge on 09 Mar so that could still fit. The VIN allocations and EDD all seem to indicate she will call at Southampton.

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Barcelona 08 Mar. Could this ship have the Ashdod shipment onboard? She could arrive on 03 or 04 Mar and still make it to Barcelona on schedule. No clues on the Ashdod arrivals board yet....

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 16 Mar. Currently refuelling off Singapore.

DREAM ORCHID Departed Shanghai South to Pyeongtaek, S Korea. Now heading to Southampton ETA 19 Mar (via refuel in Singapore) and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

GRAND RUBY is now enroute to Singapore ETA 22 Feb.
This could mean an ETA in Koper of 10 Mar or Barcelona on 11 Mar. If heading to Zeebrugge ~ 16 Mar

GRAND HERO is still alongside Shanghai South. Her destination remains undetermined for the moment but I think it is more likely to be a Mediterranean port rather than one in NW Europe..

YU HENG XIAN FENG ETA Jebel Ali (Dubai) 10 Mar. She departed Shanghai South earlier today.

GOLD XING ETA Taipei 04 Mar. She is heading to Taiwan with Berlin-built MYs onboard.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.'

K.ASIAN BEAUTY is currently alongside Pier 80. I assume a shipment to Taiwan but ....
Anyone in San Francisco able to take a look at what is parked on Pier 80 at the moment??

Still no Model S/X shipment spotted this quarter....

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

I have checked Hoegh tracking regularly since I got my VIN two weeks ago, and today I got a hit. It's on Hoegh Oslo. EDD 11. - 26.03 to Norway. VIN also mysteriously disappeared from the app and website today, but is still (unchanged) in the source code.
Update:
According to the Hoegh tracking my car will be loaded on Hoegh Oslo in Barcelona and will depart 01.03 headed for Zeebrugge. ETA in Zeebrugge is 07.03. What is going on here? Why is the car in Barcelona?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-21-20-50-19-61_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-21-20-50-19-61_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: ringi
Update:
According to the Hoegh tracking my car will be loaded on Hoegh Oslo in Barcelona and will depart 01.03 headed for Zeebrugge. ETA in Zeebrugge is 07.03. What is going on here? Why is the car in Barcelona?
Wow!
It could be the case that due to the lack of RoRo capacity out of Shanghai Tesla are using any spare space they can buy up to move cars to Europe. Once in Europe there isn't so much of a problem. So your car could be one of those that were onboard GOLIATH LEADER or maybe even UNDINE.
Its certainly unusual and not one that I would have predicted!