Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There were reports of some manufacturers resorting to container shipments because of the lack of available RoRo capacity. As far as I can tell, Tesla are the cause of the lack of RoRo capacity and as such have not yet resorted to container transport of their finished cars. I did look at COSCO SHIPPING LIBRA when you first mentioned it and as far as I could tell then she had not called at Shanghai recently. I don't track container ships and so the furthest I can see back at the moment is 25 Jan when she called at Singapore. I really don't think this ship transported your car.
I am also somewhat surprised that Tesla are telling you your car is in Tilburg. Model S and Model X used to be shipped by container from Houston to Tilburg for reassembly. The Tilburg reassembly line is long gone. Cars for Sweden do not go via Tilburg anymore. As you say, weird.
Further development (if we gonna call it development) is that my EDD disappeared from the app and the Tesla account. Tried to get more info from my TA but the comment was “ignore that, we will send you a text when delivery is ready”.

I’m starting to show psychotic behavior, driving to the Tesla store to see if there are trucks with cars on it after the close and so on 😂😂😂

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
Long time lurker, first post...has everyone expecting tesla to Ireland got their VIN yet? My estimate delivery is feb-march but no VIN so I'm starting to think my car isn't going to be on the boat that arrived in Belgium just now?

Long time lurker, first post...has everyone expecting tesla to Ireland got their VIN yet? My estimate delivery is feb-march but no VIN so I'm starting to think my car isn't going to be on the boat that arrived in Belgium just now?

My guess is that everything on the Hoegh Chiba is probably already assigned. However, on the up side, due to dismal Tesla trade-in quotes and ridiculously optimistic private sale adverts there will be a considerable number of cancelations in the next couple of weeks because people can't sell their current car for what they need to pay for a the new Tesla. Those VINs will be reassigned to people who have ordered the same configs as cars that get canceled.

My guess is that everything on the Hoegh Chiba is probably already assigned. However, on the up side, due to dismal Tesla trade-in quotes and ridiculously optimistic private sale adverts there will be a considerable number of cancelations in the next couple of weeks because people can't sell their current car for what they need to pay for a the new Tesla. Those VINs will be reassigned to people who have ordered the same configs as cars that get canceled.
Do yopu think? (on cancellations) Not sure what the quantity of cars that were shipped to Ireland, there is a ship due in UK and then on to Zeebrugge on 22nd March, I wonder would that have RHD cars?

I only ordered 19/01/23, so not long ago, EDD went from Jan-Mar to Feb-Mar (which it still is at today)

What did you order? All cars on Hoegh Chiba are allocated & they will be only Q1 deliveries for Ireland. Only thing that will pop up in inventory between now & then is cancellations.

Speaking to the guys in Tesla Dublin today, 80% of what was on Hoegh Chiba was RWD MY & M3 - i.e. cars ordered or built before the price changes had an impact on grant qualification. Much fewer M3 shipped than in previous quarters too, as apparently demand for MY is much stronger

What did you order? All cars on Hoegh Chiba are allocated & they will be only Q1 deliveries for Ireland. Only thing that will pop up in inventory between now & then is cancellations.

Speaking to the guys in Tesla Dublin today, 80% of what was on Hoegh Chiba was RWD MY & M3 - i.e. cars ordered or built before the price changes had an impact on grant qualification. Much fewer M3 shipped than in previous quarters too, as apparently demand for MY is much stronger
The lads in Sandyford told me that cancellations won't be going to inventory but will filter down to the next in line ( apr.may)

The lads in Sandyford told me that cancellations won't be going to inventory but will filter down to the next in line ( apr.may)
I got myself few days ago an M3 RWD that appeared in the inventory (I believe it was a cancellation), I was able to change the specs of the existing order I got back in January to match the one in the inventory and then the VIM got assigned from it. So I do think it goes to the inventory if no order gets matched to the existing order configurations.

I got myself few days ago an M3 RWD that appeared in the inventory (I believe it was a cancellation), I was able to change the specs of the existing order I got back in January to match the one in the inventory and then the VIM got assigned from it. So I do think it goes to the inventory if no order gets matched to the existing order configurations.

Wednesday 01 Mar 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH CHIBA
has now docked at the ICO terminal in Zeebrugge - a day earlier than expected. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard.

GLOVIS SUNRISE ETA Zeebrugge 06 Mar. No Southampton call.

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Barcelona 08 Mar.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 14 Mar.

GRAND RUBY ETA Koper on 10 Mar.

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

GRAND HERO Her destination remains undetermined for the moment but I think it is more likely to be a Mediterranean port rather than one in NW Europe. My guess would be Koper ~ 12 Mar

YU HENG XIAN FENG ETA Jebel Ali (Dubai) 10 Mar.

HOEGH OSLO Has now departed Barcelona ETA Zeebrugge 06 Mar. Model S/X onboard from Baltimore and 3/Y loaded in Barcelona for Zeebrugge.

GOLD XING ETA Taipei 04 Mar. She is heading to Taiwan with Berlin-built MYs onboard.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.'

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Reactions: XHabjab

Cathair, thanks for the Tip, I did not know that I could snag and Inventory one like that. Just completed, delivery end of March

Hello. I have a confirmed collection date from Tesla Belfast on 28th March. My vin is viewable using the Google chrome extension. Any idea which ship the car is aboard? I tried typing the vin into my cargo.com but no luck.

Hello. I have a confirmed collection date from Tesla Belfast on 28th March. My vin is viewable using the Google chrome extension. Any idea which ship the car is aboard? I tried typing the vin into my cargo.com but no luck.
If I had to guess I would go for GRANDE NEW JERSEY.
I still have some doubts about DREAM ORCHID.
Once they are through Suez and we can see precisely where they are docking in Southampton it should hopefully clarify the situation.

In the past Tesla have used Kess ships to transport cars from Zeebrugge to Ireland. If they continue with this method then it looks like the cars destined for Ireland will leave Zeebrugge on the Kess Thames Highway on the 6th of March and arrive in Dublin on the 8th. Although some cars did seem to arrive into Rosslare and were transported by road to Dublin last September but we don't know how they got to Rosslare.

In the past Tesla have used Kess ships to transport cars from Zeebrugge to Ireland. If they continue with this method then it looks like the cars destined for Ireland will leave Zeebrugge on the Kess Thames Highway on the 6th of March and arrive in Dublin on the 8th. Although some cars did seem to arrive into Rosslare and were transported by road to Dublin last September but we don't know how they got to Rosslare.
August 2022 Ireland ones arrived on KESS lines MV Necktar Highway into Rosslare. Where did you find the schedule for the Thames Highway ? I see Weser Highway is in Emden so could easily add a few Tesla in Zeebrugge over next couple for day and head to Dublin
334441188_5914196675343569_309768963484806172_n.jpg

August 2022 Ireland ones arrived on KESS lines MV Necktar Highway into Rosslare. Where did you find the schedule for the Thames Highway ? I see Weser Highway is in Emden so could easily add a few Tesla in Zeebrugge over next couple for day and head to Dublin
Okay, thanks for that info. There was talk in the forums last year that only a few cars arrived through Rosslare but if that is a full ship of Tesla's then it is more likely that all ROI Q3 2022 Teslas arrived into Rosslare. All previous Tesla shipments to ROI arrived into Dublin port. The same thing could happen again with this shipment but I can't find a Kess schedule to suggest a shipment to Rosslare.
Here is the Kess Schedule

Reactions: slowdowntommy
Okay, thanks for that info. There was talk in the forums last year that only a few cars arrived through Rosslare but if that is a full ship of Tesla's then it is more likely that all ROI Q3 2022 Teslas arrived into Rosslare. All previous Tesla shipments to ROI arrived into Dublin port. The same thing could happen again with this shipment but I can't find a Kess schedule to suggest a shipment to Rosslare.
Here is the Kess Schedule
Thanks. Not all KESS ships are on that schedule. In particular the WESER HIGHWAY which was used before for Teslas.....All will be revealed in next couple of days.

Reactions: Cantafordit