Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GLOVIS SUNRISE is clearly not planning on entering Zeebrugge anytime soon - she is positioning herself well clear of the shipping lanes and outside EU waters. I have seen this behaviour before and it resulted in a delay of about a week. The good news is that it's a Monday and so hopefully the situation will be resolved before the weekend.

When I spoke to David in Sandyford last week I was told that their normally is no Q2 delivery but that due to high orders there will be a Q2 delivery this year. He said " they wouldn't have put a delivery range of Apr/May if they didn't have a plan to fulfil it" . . But as yet I can't figure out where those deliveries will be coming from. I order on 14th Feb, for Apr/May and I don't have a VIN as yet.
I wondered about the Glovis Sunrise too, but if Ireland cars were on that we would have had VINs by now. VINs start getting assigned before ships go through the Suez Canal.
Given that the Glovis Sunrise is nearly at it's final destination, there won't be any cars for Ireland on it
Yep, looks like the only ship left with a chance of having any Ireland-bound cars on it for Q1 delivery appears to be Dream Orchid, and that is assuming that VINS are assigned going though Suez and not at Singapore as another poster here believes is the case. After that, seems like it will be Q2 for any Irish orders with EDD of Feb-Mar or Apr-May without a VIN, assuming the local chaps in Tesla know what they are talking about. After Dream Orchid may be waiting for new ships to depart Shanghai in April and May as contenders.

Reactions: Sch3cter
Whilst we have seen cars move by train to Sweden in the past I think we are now looking for shipments from Zeebrugge to Malmo by sea.
AUTO ECO might be worth keeping an eye on.
It looks like all bets are off in terms of transportation during March. I spoke to Tesla again today, this time an agent I haven't spoken to before. She confirmed the previous info that my car is in Tilburg and it's waiting for shipment. She mentioned that the preliminary route for the car is set and it will be shipped by boat to Södertälje, as this is "common" for ships that go to "more northern" part of Sweden (well at least more northern than the absolute east). Norrköping where I'm from receives cars from Södertälje.
Now when I look at that harbor, there are some interesting ships there, like this one: MALACCA HIGHWAY, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9235414 - VesselFinder. Departed from Zeebrugge on Feb 28th and made few stops in Denmark and Germany. My car is not on it of course. But if Södertälje is another inlet than roros from Zeebrugge could be interesting to watch.
According to Tesla my car was planned to depart from Scheveningen as it is now. This is subject to change.
It seems there is a quite large demand for vehicle shipments right now to close this quarter. Tesla is dumping prices in Sweden and giving 1.99% interest rate for car loans. There is a certain level of desperation to sell as much and transport as much cars as possible. I guess the regular routes will need to be augmented with whatever transport they can lay hands on.

Been following this thread for a few weeks now. Ordered a MYP early Feb. Tesla have advised late March delivery, so hoping that GRAND NEW JERSEY or DREAM ORCHID are carrying it. No VIN or Reg assigned to me yet.

I think I'm right in thinking texts get sent with VINs shortly after ships pass the Suez?

It looks like all bets are off in terms of transportation during March. I spoke to Tesla again today, this time an agent I haven't spoken to before. She confirmed the previous info that my car is in Tilburg and it's waiting for shipment. She mentioned that the preliminary route for the car is set and it will be shipped by boat to Södertälje, as this is "common" for ships that go to "more northern" part of Sweden (well at least more northern than the absolute east). Norrköping where I'm from receives cars from Södertälje.
Now when I look at that harbor, there are some interesting ships there, like this one: MALACCA HIGHWAY, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9235414 - VesselFinder. Departed from Zeebrugge on Feb 28th and made few stops in Denmark and Germany. My car is not on it of course. But if Södertälje is another inlet than roros from Zeebrugge could be interesting to watch.
According to Tesla my car was planned to depart from Scheveningen as it is now. This is subject to change.
It seems there is a quite large demand for vehicle shipments right now to close this quarter. Tesla is dumping prices in Sweden and giving 1.99% interest rate for car loans. There is a certain level of desperation to sell as much and transport as much cars as possible. I guess the regular routes will need to be augmented with whatever transport they can lay hands on.

SCHELDE HIGHWAY is currently enroute to Södertälje (Arr 08 Mar) from Zeebrugge.

Monday 06 Mar 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH OSLO
Currently alongside Zeebrugge. Next stop is Oslo 11 Mar.

GLOVIS SUNRISE She is currently holding outside EU waters. In the past this behaviour has signified a delay of up to a week. Her AIS is suggesting an arrival in Zeebrugge at 17:00 tomorrow (Tue). I wouldn't hold my breath...

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Barcelona tomorrow morning. This is a day earlier than originally scheduled.

GRAND RUBY ETA Koper on 10 Mar. She should transit the Suez Canal tomorrow morning.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 14 Mar. She is now in the Mediterranean and on schedule to arrive on 14 Mar.

GRAND HERO ETA Barcelona 14 Mar

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

YU HENG XIAN FENG ETA Jebel Ali (Dubai) 10 Mar.

CHANG DA LONG departed Shanghai South to Thailand (13 Mar). This is the 2nd run she has done in the last month and I strongly suspect she will have some Teslas onboard, although having said that, I didn't find any evidence that she had some onboard her first run. I note the latest WuWa video observed some RHD cars parked in the compound waiting for a ship - this could be it.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.' At the moment the only suspect ship remaining is DREAM ORCHID. We shall have to see where she plans to dock in Southampton to see if that rules her out.

EU Feeders (not tracked on the map)

THAMES HIGHWAY has departed Zeebrugge to Dublin (08 Mar)
SCHELDE HIGHWAY is enroute to Södertälje (Arr 08 Mar) from Zeebrugge.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

I have my Vin assigned MY LR since Feb 9th (shown on the app) but no where on the web browser or in the hidden vin script. TA had requested to pay off the car by the 17th of Feb which I did saying delivery is very soon. My EDD started from the 20th of Feb for 5 days and has been pushed forward every couple of days. Now EDD is 20-28 march. Is that normal?? Last info I have is that car is stuck in Barcelona and waiting a transport to Greece. Seems a bit shady as last ship unloading in Barcelona was a month ago. Is it possible car siting at port for 1 month?

I have my Vin assigned MY LR since Feb 9th (shown on the app) but no where on the web browser or in the hidden vin script. TA had requested to pay off the car by the 17th of Feb which I did saying delivery is very soon. My EDD started from the 20th of Feb for 5 days and has been pushed forward every couple of days. Now EDD is 20-28 march. Is that normal?? Last info I have is that car is stuck in Barcelona and waiting a transport to Greece. Seems a bit shady as last ship unloading in Barcelona was a month ago. Is it possible car siting at port for 1 month?
They do seem to have a bit of trouble moving cars around Europe. My M3 going to Denmark got to Barcelona on the 9th of February and sat there until March 1st where it went on to Zeebrugge where it just arrived this morning. It will probably sit there for a few weeks I guess waiting to get on a ship to Denmark. I have chosen my delivery date and time..... on the 27th of march!, so around 3 weeks more to go...

Monday 06 Mar 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH OSLO
Currently alongside Zeebrugge. Next stop is Oslo 11 Mar.

GLOVIS SUNRISE She is currently holding outside EU waters. In the past this behaviour has signified a delay of up to a week. Her AIS is suggesting an arrival in Zeebrugge at 17:00 tomorrow (Tue). I wouldn't hold my breath...

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Barcelona tomorrow morning. This is a day earlier than originally scheduled.

GRAND RUBY ETA Koper on 10 Mar. She should transit the Suez Canal tomorrow morning.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 14 Mar. She is now in the Mediterranean and on schedule to arrive on 14 Mar.

GRAND HERO ETA Barcelona 14 Mar

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

YU HENG XIAN FENG ETA Jebel Ali (Dubai) 10 Mar.

CHANG DA LONG departed Shanghai South to Thailand (13 Mar). This is the 2nd run she has done in the last month and I strongly suspect she will have some Teslas onboard, although having said that, I didn't find any evidence that she had some onboard her first run. I note the latest WuWa video observed some RHD cars parked in the compound waiting for a ship - this could be it.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.' At the moment the only suspect ship remaining is DREAM ORCHID. We shall have to see where she plans to dock in Southampton to see if that rules her out.

EU Feeders (not tracked on the map)

THAMES HIGHWAY has departed Zeebrugge to Dublin (08 Mar)
SCHELDE HIGHWAY is enroute to Södertälje (Arr 08 Mar) from Zeebrugge.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.
Is it possible Glovis Sunrise has cars bound for the UK that will be transported via land once it reaches Zeebrugge?