Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tuesday 07 Mar 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH OSLO
Currently alongside Zeebrugge and preparing to depart to Antwerp. This is a surprise as her schedule has her next stop as Oslo 11 Mar.

GLOVIS SUNRISE She is currently inbound to Zeebrugge - should dock in a couple of hours time.

GLOVIS SUMMIT Has now arrived in Barcelona

GRAND RUBY ETA Koper on 10 Mar. Now in the Mediterranean.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 14 Mar. She is now in the Mediterranean and on schedule to arrive on 14 Mar.

GRAND HERO ETA Barcelona 14 Mar

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

YU HENG XIAN FENG ETA Jebel Ali (Dubai) 10 Mar.

CHANG DA LONG departed Shanghai South to Thailand (13 Mar). This is the 2nd run she has done in the last month and I strongly suspect she will have some Teslas onboard, although having said that, I didn't find any evidence that she had some onboard her first run. I note the latest WuWa video observed some RHD cars parked in the compound waiting for a ship - this could be it.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.' At the moment the only suspect ship remaining is DREAM ORCHID. We shall have to see where she plans to dock in Southampton to see if that rules her out.

EU Feeders (not tracked on the map)

THAMES HIGHWAY departed Zeebrugge to Dublin (08 Mar)
SCHELDE HIGHWAY is enroute to Södertälje (Arr 08 Mar) from Zeebrugge.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Just got my delivery appointment (finally). Earliest available appointment is on Wednesday 15.03. My M3 came in on HOEGH OSLO to Zeebrugge a couple of days ago and is going to Bergen, Norway. I have no idea how it's going to get here in just a week, but I am really excited to finally get it. Been waiting for exactly 6 months.

I presume since the Dream Orchid is going to Southampton first then there's obviously RHD on it. Anyone know since it's going to Zeebrugge after that if any of those RHD's are destined for Ireland?
On the basis there is zero reports of VINs being assigned since Hoegh Chiba, highly unlikely.

Thames Highway arrived in Dublin this morning with confirmed Teslas onboard

Is it always the case that VINs for Irish cars get assigned shortly after leaving Shanghai or around Singapore, and not after Suez?
You can't hang your hat on a set date. VINs get assigned (a hidden VIN) and then Tesla will get round to arranging a delivery date and asking for some money. This is the time when a fair percentage of orders fall by the wayside - the delivery date isn't convenient, the buyer can't arrange his finance or just has second thoughts on whether a Tesla is the car for them. The VIN will be reassigned, this can happen several times. Even if you are happy with the delivery date and stump up the readies your hidden VIN may still change (it happened to me). Only once Tesla give you your VIN (and in the UK at least your Reg) you can be pretty sure that it won't change.
So in summary, some folk may find their VIN as soon as the boat sails, others further down route and others elsewhere. As to when Tesla tell you officially your VIN, well from the foregoing I hope you can see that that is variable too!

someone has received a vin for S/X since HOEGH OSLO sailed to Zeebrugge
That's interesting since I just noted HOEGH OSAKA loading in Baltimore.
Her itinerary at the moment doesn't have her calling at Zeebrugge but itineraries change (HOEGH OSLO's did).
We shall see if her itinerary changes.
Otherwise, it could just be a result of a VIN reallocation (see post above).

I presume since the Dream Orchid is going to Southampton first then there's obviously RHD on it. Anyone know since it's going to Zeebrugge after that if any of those RHD's are destined for Ireland?
DREAM ORCHID does come with a health warning - there is no guarantee she is carrrying Teslas. When we find out where she plans to dock in Southampton (and we wont find that out until 14 Mar) we may be able to rule her out then or have to wait until she docks and see what rolls out.

You can't hang your hat on a set date. VINs get assigned (a hidden VIN) and then Tesla will get round to arranging a delivery date and asking for some money. This is the time when a fair percentage of orders fall by the wayside - the delivery date isn't convenient, the buyer can't arrange his finance or just has second thoughts on whether a Tesla is the car for them. The VIN will be reassigned, this can happen several times. Even if you are happy with the delivery date and stump up the readies your hidden VIN may still change (it happened to me). Only once Tesla give you your VIN (and in the UK at least your Reg) you can be pretty sure that it won't change.
So in summary, some folk may find their VIN as soon as the boat sails, others further down route and others elsewhere. As to when Tesla tell you officially your VIN, well from the foregoing I hope you can see that that is variable too!
Thank you Mr Miserable! Good to know, every nugget of info is helpful during what looks like another 3+ months of waiting.

Wednesday 08 Mar 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH OSLO
Currently alongside in Antwerp (an unscheduled stop). She is now scheduled to arrive in Oslo on 12 Mar.
If you are in Norway and have VIN you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard.

GLOVIS SUNRISE Arrived in Zeebrugge last night.

GRAND RUBY ETA Koper on 10 Mar.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 14 Mar. She is now in the Mediterranean and remains on schedule to arrive on 14 Mar.

GRAND HERO ETA Barcelona 14 Mar

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

YU HENG XIAN FENG ETA Jebel Ali (Dubai) 10 Mar.

CHANG DA LONG departed Shanghai South to Thailand (13 Mar). This is the 2nd run she has done in the last month and I strongly suspect she will have some Teslas onboard, although having said that, I didn't find any evidence that she had some onboard her first run. I did note however the latest WuWa video observed some RHD cars parked in the compound waiting for a ship - this was probably it.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.' At the moment the only suspect ship remaining is DREAM ORCHID. We shall have to see where she plans to dock in Southampton to see if that rules her out.

EU Feeders (not tracked on the map)

THAMES HIGHWAY has now arrived in Dublin
SCHELDE HIGHWAY arrived in Södertälje, Sweden earlier and has now departed.
SEINE HIGHWAY was meant to depart Zeebrugge today to SW Norway however that schedule now appears to have been cancelled.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Reactions: XHabjab
That's interesting since I just noted HOEGH OSAKA loading in Baltimore.
Her itinerary at the moment doesn't have her calling at Zeebrugge but itineraries change (HOEGH OSLO's did).
We shall see if her itinerary changes.
Otherwise, it could just be a result of a VIN reallocation (see post above).
She’s on her way now for Zeebrugge it seems. ETA 19 March.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Is there any way to confirm how many cars is on ship? Still have hope that my S is there.
I do believe it is irrelevant for us (Warsaw SC customers). Due to staff problems and leaves they can't keep up with delivering 3/Y's. Tesla management will rather allocate late shipped cars to SC's that will guarantee delivery before end of Q1.

I hope I'm wrong though because if you will get your car, I should get mine too. We have exact same config but with lower RN :) 1140...

Reactions: DrKleiner