Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know if this is a RHD or LHD car?
You can tell from the VIN 5th digit that this is a LHD vehicle.
If you have a hidden VIN in your account you can check. Nobody from Ireland has claimed a hit so far. I don't believe anyone in Ireland with a VIN is expecting delivery in April.
This shipment will not be a boatload, but a small consignment.

K.ASIAN BEAUTY has arrived in Tianjin after a voyage from Pier 80, San Francisco. The assumption is that she is delivering new Model S/X. Tianjin is the principal port for Beijing. The port became the focus of world attention back in August 2015 when there were several huge explosions that flattened the dock area, killing at least 180 people and destroying warehouses, apartments and 8000 new cars. The sheer scale of the explosions are hard to comprehend but there is some footage on the internet that is worth seeing if you don't remember the tragedy. The explosions were caused by improper storage of volatile chemicals.

K.ASIAN BEAUTY is now passing south of S. Korea on her voyage from Pier 80. As already stated I viewed her AIS destination with some suspicion when she departed and her present position and course only reinforces my view - she is certainly not heading for Xinhui. At a guess it looks at the moment like she may be heading to Tianjin, or certainly somehere in the Beijing area, which if she has new S/X onboard would make sense. We shall see.....

Update: I've been looking a bit more closely at this previously unnoted port of Xinhui and see that both MORNING CONCERT and GRAND SAPPHIRE are on their way there too and its clearly somewhere near Tianjin. We shall find out tomorrow.....
K. ASIAN BEAUTY is currently in Tianjian, consistent with what my SA informed earlier. Pretty sure my model X is there.

Sunday 12 Mar 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH OSLO
has now arrived in Oslo.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton Western Docks 14:30 14 Mar. Note the latest updated time of arrival.

GRAND HERO ETA Barcelona 14 Mar.

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

HOEGH OSAKA ETA Zeebrugge 19 Mar. Has 760 MS and 664 MX onboard.

HOEGH BANGKOK ETA Zeebrugge 30 Mar Currently in the Gulf of Aden.

If you are in the EU and have a VIN, check HERE to confirm whether your car is onboard a Hoegh ship or not.

CHANG DA LONG departed Shanghai South to Thailand arriving tomorrow afternoon. This is the 2nd run she has done in the last month and I strongly suspect she will have some Teslas onboard, although having said that, I didn't find any evidence that she had some onboard her first run. I did note however the latest WuWa video observed some RHD cars parked in the compound waiting for a ship - this was probably it.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.' At the moment the only suspect ship remaining is DREAM ORCHID. We shall have to see where she plans to dock in Southampton to see if that rules her out.

K.ASIAN BEAUTY was probably carrying MS and MX to Tianjin, China from Pier 80, San Francisco. Judging from her loading and unloading times I don't think there were many cars onboard.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: XHabjab