Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone that have already received a VIN from a car on the Hoegh Asaka but has the Ultra Red color?
I ordered sept '21 ... got a mail that my color will be upgraded for free to Ultra Red. But no delivery time yet.

Don't know when they start(ed) building cars with Ultra Red color.

Wednesday 15 Mar 23 SUMMARY

GRANDE NEW JERSEY
has now docked in Southampton's Western Docks.

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 11:00 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar. She may have some Teslas onboard amongst Kias/Hyundais.

HOEGH OSAKA ETA Zeebrugge 19 Mar. Has 760 MS and 664 MX onboard from Baltimore.

HOEGH BANGKOK ETA Zeebrugge 30 Mar Currently in the Red Sea.

If you are in the EU and have a VIN, check HERE to confirm whether your car is onboard a Hoegh ship or not.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Reactions: XHabjab and lakes1
Wednesday 15 Mar 23 SUMMARY

GRANDE NEW JERSEY
has now docked in Southampton's Western Docks.

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 11:00 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar. She may have some Teslas onboard amongst Kias/Hyundais.

HOEGH OSAKA ETA Zeebrugge 19 Mar. Has 760 MS and 664 MX onboard from Baltimore.

HOEGH BANGKOK ETA Zeebrugge 30 Mar Currently in the Red Sea.

If you are in the EU and have a VIN, check HERE to confirm whether your car is onboard a Hoegh ship or not.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.
Today I received a VIN for a car that is available in Southampton. Presumably it was actually on Grande New Jersey, even though not quite docked when I was contacted?

Reactions: Mr Miserable
@Mr Miserable - What way are vehicles transported from Southampton to Northern Ireland?

Northern Ireland is technically UK but obviously is on the island of Ireland.

I have a confirmed delivery date of 28th March at Tesla Belfast and assumed it’s on the Grand New Jersey.

With all the chat here of Ireland delivery’s being delayed I’m preparing for worst case bad news.

Today I received a VIN for a car that is available in Southampton. Presumably it was actually on Grande New Jersey, even though not quite docked when I was contacted?
You are probably correct - this will be a car where the original purchaser has declined delivery. Nothing wrong with the car but more likely the original purchaser can't obtain the finance - a penalty for having such a ridiculously low deposit.

Reactions: ringi
Fellow Irish customer here, I have an estimated delivery date of April 25th - May 11th. Would be interested to know when a hidden VIN usually appears. Is it roughly 6/7 weeks prior to the EDD? Fully aware that the EDD is not that reliable, given Tesla's history here :)

Silly (desperate) question maybe, but could the Hoegh Trotter, currently in Baltimore, be loading for Zeebrugge?
At the moment she is not scheduled to go to Zeebrugge but then again neither were her predecessors - their itineraries were changed at the last minute. I would be surprised if she does carry new MS and MX because its unlikely that the cars will be able to be delivered before the end of the quarter. At the moment she is not due to arrive into Rotterdam until 29 Mar and then head north to Bremerhaven and Hamburg. If she bins a planned stop in Wilmington she might be able to make Zeebrugge on 27 Mar.

Reactions: Karotentrekker
It looks like MALAYSIA GRACE delivered Teslas from Shanghai South to Yokohama Japan yesterday. Although she departed to Nagoya she only stopped there for about 12 hrs before heading for Yokohama to unload her Teslas. MALAYSIA GRACE departed Shanghai South early on 11 Mar. This ties in with the amazing WuWa video showing RHD vehicles for the Japanese market at the port which was filmed on 09 Mar.

• Informative
Reactions: Chocochip
Noticed most people reporting a VIN from the Osaka are further away from Zeebrugge. Was hoping that was because she arrived well on time in Europe and another one would arrive closer to quarter end for BE, NL and north France deliveries.
Wishful thinking I’m afraid…