Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate what you’re trying to do but your message is of no real assistance or meaning. I understand the transit time from Shanghai to Zeebrugge is 30 days but it’s not really what I’m trying to figure out. If there’s no answer to expected travel time to Suez Canal from the re-fuel in Singapore that’s fine.

Again, thanks for your time to Mr. Miserable. I’ve found all the resources you’ve put your personal time into very helpful.
around 14 days

The pattern of life, to use an intelligence gathering term, for Shanghai South has changed considerably this month.
Clearly, a Chinese manufacturer has started to use the port for exports and this could make the identification of Tesla ships just that little bit more difficult. Having said that we have been fortunate that the export destinations so far eg S America have made it pretty obvious that they are not Tesla related.
So the search for possible Tesla ships continues.
There are 3 ships on the horizon that look very likely to be Tesla ships - GRANDE MIRAFIORI, GRANDE NAPOLI and GRANDE SICILIA.
GRANDE MIRAFIORI departs Shanghai on 20 Apr and arrives Southampton on 19 May
GRANDE NAPOLI departs Shanghai on 21 Apr and arrives Koper on 14 May
I have yet to nail down GRANDE SICILIA's itinerary but I wonder if she will head to Barcelona? She will arrive in Shanghai on Sunday.
They obviously think you have got to good at mastering this and fancied giving you a challenge to keep you interested 😂

• Funny
Reactions: ringi and navguy12
Okay, my delivery date just updated to May 02 - May 16. But the VIN is still not listed as being on the Hoegh Copenhagen. But it has to be, right?
Mmmm.
There is HOEGH MANILA which departs Baltimore 20 Apr and arrives Rotterdam 01 May that kinda fits the bill.
Keep checking the MyCargo page with your VIN and let me know if you strike lucky!

Reactions: CitizenKane
HOEGH COPENHAGEN competition.

The results are in!​

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition. At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square I3 and within its Minor Square 13

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @condormann (H3 15) who was just 141 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 2nd place was @nova56 (J2 23) who was a mere 289 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @xanthic (J4 19) who was 477 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!
This was an interesting competition because HOEGH COPENHAGEN caught most of you (and me!) out by tracking directly east for several days to avoid some heavy weather in the NW Atlantic. Most of us assumed the ship would take the shortest route and so ended up being at least 500 NM off. So very well done @condormann !

Some trivia for you:

The most popular Major Square was G3
The most popular Minor Square overall was 3
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 480 NM off target.

16 Apr 23 Summary

GRANDE HOUSTON I can't be sure she is carrying any Teslas (and if she is, it's not likely to be many) however she will end up in Southampton on 28 Apr.

MORNING CALYPSO ETA Barcelona 24 Apr Confirmed to have Teslas onboard, currently in the Red Sea heading for the Suez Canal.

GRAND CHAMPION is a Tesla charter and is heading for an EU port.
Either Koper (30 Apr), Barcelona (1 May) or Zeebrugge (6 May). My money is on Zeebrugge.

GOLD KOCHAV is transporting Berlin-built MY to Israel (Arr earlier today) and Taiwan (Arr Taipei 10 May).
She then heads to Shanghai hopefully to return to Europe with Chinese-built Teslas.

HOEGH COPENHAGEN ETA Zeebrugge 21 Apr with MS and MX onboard.
If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard.

Ships to watch:

GRANDE SICILIA due to arrive in Shanghai late tomorrow - no itinerary found yet.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI ETA Southampton 19 May. Hasn't loaded yet - due to arrive in Shanghai on Tuesday 18 Apr Very likely to be a Tesla ship.

GRANDE NAPOLI ETA Koper 14 May. Hasn't loaded yet - due to arrive in Shanghai on Wednesday 19 Apr. Very likely to be a Tesla ship.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

hello @
16 Apr 23 Summary

GRANDE HOUSTON I can't be sure she is carrying any Teslas (and if she is, it's not likely to be many) however she will end up in Southampton on 28 Apr.

MORNING CALYPSO ETA Barcelona 24 Apr Confirmed to have Teslas onboard, currently in the Red Sea heading for the Suez Canal.

Either Koper (30 Apr), Barcelona (1 May) or Zeebrugge (6 May). My money is on Zeebrugge.

GOLD KOCHAV is transporting Berlin-built MY to Israel (Arr earlier today) and Taiwan (Arr Taipei 10 May).
She then heads to Shanghai hopefully to return to Europe with Chinese-built Teslas.

If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard.

Ships to watch:

GRANDE SICILIA due to arrive in Shanghai late tomorrow - no itinerary found yet.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI ETA Southampton 19 May. Hasn't loaded yet - due to arrive in Shanghai on Tuesday 18 Apr Very likely to be a Tesla ship.

GRANDE NAPOLI ETA Koper 14 May. Hasn't loaded yet - due to arrive in Shanghai on Wednesday 19 Apr. Very likely to be a Tesla ship.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.
hello sorry for the disruption .
I ordered a new model 3 SR 3 weeks ago
I am living in Israel and the estimated time is at late June can you have any clue about the shipment if the vessel already shipped or not
Thanks in advance
And thanks for all the effort you give in this.

hello @

hello sorry for the disruption .
I ordered a new model 3 SR 3 weeks ago
I am living in Israel and the estimated time is at late June can you have any clue about the shipment if the vessel already shipped or not
Thanks in advance
And thanks for all the effort you give in this.
If the car is being shipped direct from Shanghai then it won't ship until early June however if it is being shipped via Koper or Barcelona or even Zeebrugge, it's anyone's guess. If you have a VIN that may be helpful to determine when it left the factory.

Do you have an estimated delivery date on your final invoice? That's where I have April 29. On the account page where it says "your model X" it still just says apr-june on mine.
I haven't received the final invoice yet. They will be lowering the price slightly with the new prices from last week, and they're also adding winter tires today. The invoices I have all do not have a delivery date on them. It's on the actual order page where it says "Estimert levering: May 02 - May 16" underneath the VIN.

16 Apr 23 Summary

Ships to watch:

Is there any chance my car is actually on the Hoegh Copenhagen even though the search doesn't return a result when entering my VIN?

I haven't received the final invoice yet. They will be lowering the price slightly with the new prices from last week, and they're also adding winter tires today. The invoices I have all do not have a delivery date on them. It's on the actual order page where it says "Estimert levering: May 02 - May 16" underneath the VIN.

Is there any chance my car is actually on the Hoegh Copenhagen even though the search doesn't return a result when entering my VIN?
I simply don't know is the correct answer however I would be pretty surprised if it was onboard and not listed.
There is a ship routing from Baltimore direct to Goteborg - MORNING LAURA should arrive there on 22 Apr. Sadly you can't check whether your car is onboard this ship. I don't actually think your car will be onboard this ship because the dates don't fit too neatly and Goteborg is not a 'Tesla port' but I mention it for the sake of completeness. Having said that, we have seen MS and MX use Rotterdam instead of the more usual Zeebrugge this year.