Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar story I got in the morning updates to accept tesla vision, from generic April-June to 19 May-3June , order in 25February , still no hidden vin.
I'm in the same boat except I ordered on 17th of April so I reckon the lack of a hidden vin could be down to one of a few reasons

1. Because I'm a Q2 order my car hasn't been assigned yet and my actual delivery date will be very different. This is also backed by the Tesla Ireland website still showing an April-June delivery date for new orders

2. Tesla Ireland haven't updated the website yet

3. I'm using a work PC that might not correctly display the source of the website

Hoping it's not the first one but I believe that to be the most likely

Hi,
I've ordered the 07/03 a RWD Model 3 standard by a rent company for my business (France).
They don't know the VIN. Do you think it could be the GRAND CHAMPION ?

How many days to ZEEBRUGGE to the south of France (Toulon) ?

Thanks again

Hi @Mr Miserable,

I recently ordered a Model Y Performance in White [everything else standard MYP spec] in UK and have received my RN and VIN. Tesla have told me "the vessel with your Model Y on is arriving in UK beginning June. Allow upto 10 working days before your delivery day." ETA of GRANDE MIRAFIORI looks too early for mine to be on, so any idea what ship is arriving in Southampton, UK in early June?

On the Tesla tracker the ETA says 7 may?
That ETA is a dynamic calculated ETA.
It is based on current rate of closure and so if the ship is slowly making her way up the Suez canal the ETA will be much later than reality.
You will note that on the voyage from Shanghai this ETA varies quite a lot depending on the stage of the voyage whereas on a straightforward transatlantic voyage this type of ETA calculation should remain pretty constant eg HOEGH MANILA has consistently reported a 01 May ETA.

Hi @Mr Miserable,

I recently ordered a Model Y Performance in White [everything else standard MYP spec] in UK and have received my RN and VIN. Tesla have told me "the vessel with your Model Y on is arriving in UK beginning June. Allow upto 10 working days before your delivery day." ETA of GRANDE MIRAFIORI looks too early for mine to be on, so any idea what ship is arriving in Southampton, UK in early June?
Not yet. The ship should depart Shanghai in early May.
But hang on, you already have a VIN. This would suggest your car is on its way.
Mmmmm....
We may have another ship to the UK about to depart......

Hi,
I've ordered the 07/03 a RWD Model 3 standard by a rent company for my business (France).
They don't know the VIN. Do you think it could be the GRAND CHAMPION ?

How many days to ZEEBRUGGE to the south of France (Toulon) ?

Thanks again
I don't know when you have been told to expect delivery but I would expect your car to be landed in Barcelona rather than Zeebrugge.

Hi @Mr Miserable,

Did Tesla give you an EDD? A few people on here have been given 19th May - beginning of June which points to MIRAFIORI. Just wondering what your date is?

Hey @Mr Miserable
My tesla app is showing 30th April - 10th May, which ship could it be on? No VIN yet but chasing them for this..
This ship docked yesterday assuming its a M3 / MY you have on order, however id have expected you to have a vin and of had a registration plate and delivery date from Tesla as I have had mine.
Some people have mentioned they needed to accept that there is no uss could it be you haven't accepted this so its not been allocated?

This ship docked yesterday assuming its a M3 / MY you have on order, however id have expected you to have a vin and of had a registration plate and delivery date from Tesla as I have had mine.
Some people have mentioned they needed to accept that there is no uss could it be you haven't accepted this so its not been allocated?
Yes M3 RWD - I'm chasing the leasing company for the VIN & REG but they're shocking at replying. Were all good up to the point i ordered and then getting any comms from them is like getting blood from a stone. Will hound them again if the Ship has already docked - cheers for the tip

Not yet. The ship should depart Shanghai in early May.
But hang on, you already have a VIN. This would suggest your car is on its way.
Mmmmm....
We may have another ship to the UK about to depart......
Yes, I was told I've been allocated a VIN LRWYHCEL1PC*****6 and was hoping I'd been lucky and my car was already on en-route, but they said vessel was due to arrive UK beginning of June. So your early-May deparure from Shanghai makes sense. But is it unusual to get a VIN so far in advance of a boat sailing from Shanghai? Would obviously be great to see the car in Southampton earlier than this. 🤞

Yes M3 RWD - I'm chasing the leasing company for the VIN & REG but they're shocking at replying. Were all good up to the point i ordered and then getting any comms from them is like getting blood from a stone. Will hound them again if the Ship has already docked - cheers for the tip
Have a look for your spec on the Tesla current stock I noticed they have updated the coming soon cars today, I would have thought you would of had a text from Tesla I have had a fair few in the last week. do you have your rn number as you might get more from teslas online chat

Have a look for your spec on the Tesla current stock I noticed they have updated the coming soon cars today, I would have thought you would of had a text from Tesla I have had a fair few in the last week. do you have your rn number as you might get more from teslas online chat
Just checked tesla's website and loads say coming soon in the same spec. Have also chased the leasing company on reg number and vin -will then go on tesla chat and find out whats going on

@Mr Miserable ,

I just received message that my November ordered model Y still has no VIN assigned. So I assume that 'Grand Champion' will not be the ship my car will be on. Are there any other ships that will be sailing to Zeebrugge this quarter?

It is demotivating to see that people who've ordered their car in February/March are getting their VIN while others have to wait this long. Furthermore, I saw 4 identical copies of my car on stock on the Tesla website with a delivery date 'Soon'. It seems like Tesla is at least planning a shipment of Blue Model Y's, but apparently it will be at the end of the quarter?

Call Tesla today and now they told me that my car arrived to Zebbrugge 2 days ago, they can't see nothing more.
Do you have any idea wich ship is to follow to Södertälje (Sweden)?
I suspect your car may have just arrived in Sodertalje onboard WESER HIGHWAY.
When Tesla said it arrived in Zeebrugge - they actually meant the last info they had was that the car was in Zeebrugge 2 days ago.

@Mr Miserable ,

I just received message that my November ordered model Y still has no VIN assigned. So I assume that 'Grand Champion' will not be the ship my car will be on. Are there any other ships that will be sailing to Zeebrugge this quarter?

It is demotivating to see that people who've ordered their car in February/March are getting their VIN while others have to wait this long. Furthermore, I saw 4 identical copies of my car on stock on the Tesla website with a delivery date 'Soon'. It seems like Tesla is at least planning a shipment of Blue Model Y's, but apparently it will be at the end of the quarter?
Yes, as I have explained many times here, Tesla do not build to order.
The first indication you will have is when your hidden VIN appears in your account.
This is also of interest to me because it may help me in determining the destination of a recently departed ship.
I expect there to be several more ships to Zeebrugge this quarter.

Reactions: Jeroen Nollet
Yes, I was told I've been allocated a VIN LRWYHCEL1PC*****6 and was hoping I'd been lucky and my car was already on en-route, but they said vessel was due to arrive UK beginning of June. So your early-May deparure from Shanghai makes sense. But is it unusual to get a VIN so far in advance of a boat sailing from Shanghai? Would obviously be great to see the car in Southampton earlier than this. 🤞
It is unusual to get your VIN this far in advance. What may be useful is the 1st 3 digits of your VIN no. If you don't want to post that info, feel free to DM me.