Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what do the last 3 digits of the vin mean?
It's not the last 3 digits that are important - and those help identify your specific car so many people prefer not to post it online.

It's the first 3 of the last 6 digits (743xxx in my case) that can give an idea when the car was built.
Note that they don't always build in VIN sequence, so "an idea" is all it will give.

There are always a number of sales that fall through at the final stage when Tesla ask for the money, especially with such a low initial deposit. This hasn't been too much of a problem traditionally as it just means that the car goes back into the matching process with unfulfilled orders ie someone gets lucky and gets an earlier delivery than expected. The fact that so many cars have gone into inventory would possibly suggest that there isn't the healthy backlog of orders that there used to be. We are certainly seeing this in the UK.
Or perhaps a sign of that "900 teslas" post earlier? 900 seems like a lot mind.

Is it safe to assume my custom order is on the same ship as some of these inventory orders? Still no hidden VIN today...

Last edited:
Ordered my MY RWD (all options default) on April 6., and have probably had my hidden VIN (LRWYGCFS3PC752xxx) since I accepted the USS update a couple of days later. Based on this thread, I'm guessing my car is on its way to DK, and right now sitting on GRANDE CHAMPION in the Suez Canal, with expected arrival in Zeebrügge May 5. EDD in DK is May 11. - May 25 (initially April-June).
Given the departure from Shanghai on April 6., and the VIN, what would be a good guess at a production date - early February?

Ordered my MY RWD (all options default) on April 6., and have probably had my hidden VIN (LRWYGCFS3PC752xxx) since I accepted the USS update a couple of days later. Based on this thread, I'm guessing my car is on its way to DK, and right now sitting on GRANDE CHAMPION in the Suez Canal, with expected arrival in Zeebrügge May 5. EDD in DK is May 11. - May 25 (initially April-June).
Given the departure from Shanghai on April 6., and the VIN, what would be a good guess at a production date - early February?
1st week in April would be my estimate.

i got my hidden vin yesterday for delivery in Ireland mid may to June 4th.
i ordered my rear wheel drive in black in January.
how do i find out what ship its on?
First thing is to rule out it being onboard a Hoegh ship by entering your VIN here.
Then look at my daily summary for ships heading to Zeebruge from Shanghai.
At the moment that looks most likely to be GRAND CHAMPION.
Once the ship has arrived in Zeebrugge you are then looking for the ship to deliver it to Dublin.
At the moment this feeder service is being conducted by WESER HIGHWAY but it could easily be another KESS ship.
Finally it's very useful to know whether you are waiting for M3 or MY and the 1st 3 numerals of your VIN (eg 818) to give me an idea of production batches etc.

Hi all.
Ordered a midnight silver M3 RWD for my company car recently (UK) and have since really enjoyed following this thread. I received an RN number on the 14/4 and the leasing company gave me an EDD the other day of 30/6.
When they rang me they told me apparently almost all on their system had this date. Shipment arriving around this date I’d imagine?

Can’t stop binge watching Tesla related YouTube videos currently hahaha

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
Hello there. So I entered the waiting game myself. I got VIN yesterday with EDD 05 May-15 May. I am from Greece. I am surprised with this dates and I want your opinion. As I read the last pages from this post is seems that my car maybe is already on land.
Thank you in advance.

Hello there. So I entered the waiting game myself. I got VIN yesterday with EDD 05 May-15 May. I am from Greece. I am surprised with this dates and I want your opinion. As I read the last pages from this post is seems that my car maybe is already on land.
Thank you in advance.
Hello,

I think GRANDE MEDITERRANEO is our ship. TR is waiting shipment for today. Ship left Greece yesterday and arrived to Turkey today. If TR customers get their VIN in a few days, we should follow this ship for German made MY's for Mediterranean countries. The only problem is its original port is Antwerpen, Belgium. Lets wait and see to be sure.

Hi all,
ordered a M3 RWD on the 24/3 in France
Got VIN on the 17/4 (812***), constructed in China
Paid the final invoice nr1 on the 19/4, which also mentioned a delivery date of 26/4
However I never received an email or sms about setting up a delivery date
Yesterday EDD changed from 26/4-11/5 to 2/5-17/5 today

I'm wondering if it's just a shipping delay or if there is an issue with the invoice
I paid the invoice before recent M3 price change and a new final invoice came in and now the app asks for 2k more while the invoice asks for 3k more
According to support it's a bug on their side and the invoice is fully paid still.