Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if it is normal procedure to pay in advance via wire transfer, before the car has arrived?
I am a bit reluctant to transfer an amount of that size based on the information suddenly available at my account page.
In Denmark you have no buyers rights if you pay by wire transfer, a lot on the other hand if you pay by card in an online-deal.

Yeah, that's normal for Tesla. All has to be paid via online transfer.
You can transfer a small amount first and see if it shows in your account, and then transfer the rest. Here in Ireland we typically have to do 3 or 4 transfers, due to the daily limit.

Reactions: jacobDK
Really weird. Had an appointment for delivery on the 3rd of may, and got cancelled for logistical problems, so I thought my M3P was stuck in Barcelona. Got another appointment this Saturday, and Tesla told me that my M3P arrived in Rotterdam yesterday. I thought M3's no longer went through the Netherlands?

GRANDE MIRAFIORI competition.

The results are in!
We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O1 and within its Minor Square 18

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @n0dder (O1 23) who was just 86 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @Badger2023 (O1 7) who was a mere 112 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @LampyDave (P1 6) who was 141 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was N2
The most popular Minor Square overall was 11
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 413 NM off target.

Really weird. Had an appointment for delivery on the 3rd of may, and got cancelled for logistical problems, so I thought my M3P was stuck in Barcelona. Got another appointment this Saturday, and Tesla told me that my M3P arrived in Rotterdam yesterday. I thought M3's no longer went through the Netherlands?
That is strange.
Nothing arrived in Rotterdam yesterday nor Zeebrugge but GLOVIS CHALLENGE arrived in Barcelona on Sunday.
I think it reasonable to assume your car arrived in Barcelona on her.

Does anyone know if it is normal procedure to pay in advance via wire transfer, before the car has arrived?
I am a bit reluctant to transfer an amount of that size based on the information suddenly available at my account page.
In Denmark you have no buyers rights if you pay by wire transfer, a lot on the other hand if you pay by card in an online-deal.
Not shipping but yes that is the method of payment here in the UK too - you can't pay by credit card.
Tesla will tell you when you need to pay usually a week or 2 before delivery. You can pay in installments over a couple of days if the amount exceeds your bank's transfer limit and you can see the balance due reduce on your Tesla account page pretty soon after the transfer is made. Just follow the payment instructions carefully and nothing should go wrong.

Reactions: jacobDK
That is strange.
Nothing arrived in Rotterdam yesterday nor Zeebrugge but GLOVIS CHALLENGE arrived in Barcelona on Sunday.
I think it reasonable to assume your car arrived in Barcelona on her.
Ordered 14.04. On the COC, my car was built on the 23.03.
Since 03.05 and my first cancelled appointment, Tesla told me my car was in the port. And yeah, yesterday they told me it was in Rotterdam, that's why I find it strange too.

I haven't a clue how Rotterdam fits in the logistics at the moment.
A ship SERAPHINE arrived from Zeebrugge yesterday but I'm puzzled why they would distribute from Rotterdam rather than direct from Zeebrugge as has been the case for many years....
Someone here in Ireland was recently told on live chat that their car was showing a location in Antwerp. While not too far from Zeebrugge it did seem a bit strange.

A Tesla advisor also told another person here delivery expected to land into Ireland on 31st May.

Just arriving in Southampton!

Attachments

• IMG_1104.png
    IMG_1104.png
    914.8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: CasacarinoC.95