Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MYP in the UK last week through a company scheme. No VIN assigned and no hidden vin, however I had a text this evening asking me to collect the car tomorrow at 3pm, 3hrs away from my house. Had to decline it as no way could have taken a day off work at that short notice and arrange travel etc. end of quarter push I guess…

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Ordered a MYP in the UK last week through a company scheme. No VIN assigned and no hidden vin, however I had a text this evening asking me to collect the car tomorrow at 3pm, 3hrs away from my house. Had to decline it as no way could have taken a day off work at that short notice and arrange travel etc. end of quarter push I guess…
Nice! I think someone else did not have time so they passed the car to you.

I had a phone call on Tuesday stating that there were no cars of my specification available currently and would I be interested in changing to a different specification which they have available. When I said no rather bluntly he was a bit taken aback, I wonder how many people do go for that just to shave what could be a week or two off delivery.

I told him that I had been assigned a VIN which had since disappeared so I had confidence a car was on its way for me, he said that was the case and they were expecting it earlier than originally planned. Since then my EDD has gone from 08-28 July to 04-20 July.

Another suspect ship is GOLD KOCHAV which arrived in Zeebrugge this morning. This ship has a history of being chartered by Tesla and she left Shanghai on 28 May. I didn't see any VIN shower I could associate with this ship's departure.
She is currently docked at the ICO terminal in Zeebrugge which is the usual Tesla terminal, but I would want to see more evidence than that!

UPDATE I have just had a report of a trainload of about 250 Teslas on a train heading through Belgium this evening. The lack of MIG colours suggests it's a shipment from China.
Further update: There may have been some quicksilver cars on the train which would suggest the cars were actually MIG. (I'm also slightly confused about the direction the train was heading - to me it sounds like the train was heading to the port)
I think GOLD KOCHAV was indeed the one, I just received a text message for collecting the car 10/07 in Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Just in case it is useful for tracking shipping, even trains. Might explain Made In Germany (MiG) going the wrong way to ports (Taiwan also).

Turkey is a new market that seems to have huge demand - Tesla expected 1000 units and got orders of 10,000 in less than a month in April when orders began. No reports of May/June orders but someone else said Tesla website says sold out to end of 2023.

Several hundred delivered to Safiport port in Kocaeli around 21st June. Looks to be about 100 km from Istanbul and 354km from Ankara.

21st June
Hundreds of #Tesla Model Y waiting at Safiport port in Kocaeli were viewed like this. Tesla Turkey has been delivering vehicles with an appointment system almost every week since the beginning of the month. Customers with a VIN number assigned this week can receive their vehicles in July.

I had a phone call on Tuesday stating that there were no cars of my specification available currently and would I be interested in changing to a different specification which they have available. When I said no rather bluntly he was a bit taken aback, I wonder how many people do go for that just to shave what could be a week or two off delivery.

I told him that I had been assigned a VIN which had since disappeared so I had confidence a car was on its way for me, he said that was the case and they were expecting it earlier than originally planned. Since then my EDD has gone from 08-28 July to 04-20 July.
Completely agree - its not like its a small purchase!

I note that HOEGH TRIDENT has just departed Taicang for Zeebrugge (via a refuel stop off Singapore).
Normally at this time in the quarter I would say it would be unlikely to be carrying any Teslas however with CRYSTAL RAY and VIKING SEA at sea over the quarter-end that presumption may no longer be valid.
The good news is that, because it is a Hoegh vessel, once VINs have been found/allocated they can be checked HERE to see whether the car is onboard, or not. Please post on this thread if you found your VIN onboard!
ETA Zeebrugge 22 Jul
Today is June 30. I’m curious from a shipping standpoint, are these 3 ships the complete worldwide list of ships carrying Teslas over the Q2/Q3 boundary? I’m trying to roughly determine inventory cars for end of Q2. Are any destined for Canada besides the light load on VIKING SEA? [reference to the cars seen in message #2331 and excellent commentary in #2325 and #2336.]

It’s not a 72 hour strike. It’s 72 hour notice for the strike to begin. But hopefully won’t last long or at all.
Yeah, they're not gonna go on strike just for 3 days, that wouldn't be very effective, lol.

Hopefully they come to an agreement at the 11th hour like WestJet did with their pilots - in any labour dispute, no one actually wants to see a strike happen.

If a strike does begin, though, ships are not just going to sit there and wait. I would like to think they would send ships south to places like Seattle to unload, and bring cargo into Canada by land. However, the American ports will already be extremely busy, so adding ships destined for Canada will only add more congestion, so it's not going to be a magic solution.

Even if Tesla sends our ships south of the border, we're still talking a minimum 2 week delay before the vehicles are offloaded and on their way to their final destination.

Reactions: Bob123
Today is June 30. I’m curious from a shipping standpoint, are these 3 ships the complete worldwide list of ships carrying Teslas over the Q2/Q3 boundary? I’m trying to roughly determine inventory cars for end of Q2. Are any destined for Canada besides the light load on VIKING SEA? [reference to the cars seen in message #2331 and excellent commentary in #2325 and #2336
I suspect GOLD KOCHAV which arrived in Zeebrugge yesterday has a bunch of cars that won't get delivered by quarter end.
I would hate to put a figure on it but I don't think it was a full shipment for 2 reasons:
1. She only spent 13 hrs loading and
2. I didn't detect a VIN shower.
So put it down for about 500 cars.

I'm not confident that the UK delivered anywhere near the amount of cars it would have normally and I suspect the inventory is larger than ever. This is the 2nd quarter when the UK has been left with inventory.

Otherwise VIKING SEA you are aware of (250 cars), CRYSTAL RAY unknown but prob around 1500 at most, and there is the possibility of GOLD STAR which is heading to Turkey with MYP. No VIN shower seen but then again not many Turks on this thread. Loading time might suggest 1500 - 2000 cars.

I'm not sure about Australia - DON JUAN may have a load and shipments to Perth have been by all accounts crazy this quarter. The Perth shipments are not shipped direct and so are difficult to nail.

All in all I don't think we are talking huge numbers at sea, relatively speaking.
Hope this helps.

@Mr Miserable Any info to suggest which ship would carry the next Tesla shipment for Canada, and when?

I remember seeing a rumor that MORNING CECILIE could do so in the coming days, but it just sailed from Vancouver to Ulsan, Korea, and is now about to arrive in Pyeongtaek, which Google says is a major shipping port for Kia.

So unless she's taking Kia vehicles to China, I'm not so sure that she'll be carrying Teslas anytime soon...

Like I said, I am trying not to go insane tracking ships, but I know for sure that I'm not getting my Tesla from VIKING SEA, so my brain is wondering when the next ship might sail, lol

@Mr Miserable Any info to suggest which ship would carry the next Tesla shipment for Canada, and when?

I remember seeing a rumor that MORNING CECILIE could do so in the coming days, but it just sailed from Vancouver to Ulsan, Korea, and is now about to arrive in Pyeongtaek, which Google says is a major shipping port for Kia.

So unless she's taking Kia vehicles to China, I'm not so sure that she'll be carrying Teslas anytime soon...

Like I said, I am trying not to go insane tracking ships, but I know for sure that I'm not getting my Tesla from VIKING SEA, so my brain is wondering when the next ship might sail, lol
At the moment I am looking at MORNING MARGARETA which should depart Shanghai on 3 Jul arr Vancouver 15 Jul. Best shot for the moment.

Reactions: CaptStealthy