Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning Margareta arrives at Jul 25
SmartSelect_20230717_230131_Chrome.jpg

@Mr Miserable Are you in charge of maintaining the Tesla Ship Tracker website, or is that only Frizzy? Wondering what the ETA in the ship tracker is based on - is it a calculation based on average/current speeds or a date manually input? Hoegh Trident for instance should arrive on the 31 July according to the site however according to Hoegh and other vessel trackers it should arrive already on 23 July.

Reactions: Marco Pascucci
I posted this on the Canada thread but will post here as well.

So this is a bit interesting. I had assumed my car was on the Viking Sea based on when my VIN was assigned, the EDDs I had and the way the dates shifted with the port strike, just like everyone else who was tracking the Viking Sea shipment.

I got my email to schedule delivery yesterday but the earliest date I could get was Thursday, July 27th in Vancouver. I called customer service today to see if I could potentially move since some of you have earlier dates and they said my car is still in transit and has not reached the port yet. This indicates that it is on the Morning Margareta.

Reactions: CaptStealthy
@Mr Miserable Are you in charge of maintaining the Tesla Ship Tracker website, or is that only Frizzy? Wondering what the ETA in the ship tracker is based on - is it a calculation based on average/current speeds or a date manually input? Hoegh Trident for instance should arrive on the 31 July according to the site however according to Hoegh and other vessel trackers it should arrive already on 23 July.
It's a calculated closing speed and so is only accurate if the ship is tracking directly towards the destination.
She is of course scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge on 23 Jul.

@Mr Miserable I have a question please. I see that GRANDE MIRAFIORY and the GOLD XING went dark. It looks like they turned off their AIS thingies.
Is this common? When will they turn it back on? What does it all mean?
As I mentioned in my last summary some ships, particularly those with Israeli connections, switch off their AIS transmitter when passing through areas regarded as high risk. I suggest you google HELIOS RAY incident, MERCER STREET incident or HYPERION RAY to see why.
Their AIS transmitters will likely be switched back on once well established in the Red Sea.

Reactions: refaelsh
Morning Margareta arrives at Jul 25
View attachment 957281
I wouldn't put much faith in this - the source is AIS.
In the case of MORNING MARGARETA, her destination has been input by the ship incorrectly CAN WE instead of CA NWE. Therefore the destination will not appear in any databases and ETA can't be calculated. If a manual destination is input the ETA will be based on closing speed.
The port arrivals database is not yet showing her details.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
SUMMARY 18 Jul 23

MORNING MARGARETA
is on her way to New Westminster. Clearly her docking has been delayed by the recent dock strike - I have no idea when she will dock.

HOEGH TRIDENT arrives Zeebrugge 23 Jul with confirmed MY and M3 onboard.
If you have your VIN, check to see if your car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering your VIN HERE.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI She is due to arrive in Barcelona on 28 Jul. (Southampton afterwards??) She has currently 'gone dark' ie switched off her AIS transponder as she transits an area regarded as high risk. I expect it will stay off until she is in the northern part of the Red Sea next weekend.

GOLD XING is enroute from Shanghai to Ashdod, Israel (1 Aug) and Derince, Turkey (5 Aug). She has also 'gone dark'.

GLOVIS COURAGE currently refuelling off Singapore. Next stop will be Suez.
Rough estimates for possible destinations are:
Koper 1 Aug, Barcelona 2 Aug, Southampton 6 Aug or Zeebrugge 7 Aug

GLOVIS SUNRISE is also heading initially to Singapore before heading to EU. She is effectively 2 days behind GLOVIS COURAGE for timings.

GLOVIS CLIPPER departed Pier 80 San Francisco bound for Taiwan. She arrived off the coast of Taipei yesterday and is still holding offshore.

In the case of MORNING MARGARETA, her destination has been input by the ship incorrectly CAN WE instead of CA NWE. Therefore the destination will not appear in any databases and ETA can't be calculated. If a manual destination is input the ETA will be based on closing speed.
Gotcha. So this date is not necessarily accurate and we have no clue when MM will be docking?

Reactions: Mr Miserable
When you say "port arrivals database", are you referring to the link I sent you?

I've noticed that system doesn't seem to list ships until they're well within Canadian waters and are ready to be received by the port. However, cruise ships appear to be the exception to that.

Is AIS intended to be an approximation that is subject to change at any time?

SUMMARY 18 Jul 23

MORNING MARGARETA
is on her way to New Westminster. Clearly her docking has been delayed by the recent dock strike - I have no idea when she will dock.

HOEGH TRIDENT arrives Zeebrugge 23 Jul with confirmed MY and M3 onboard.
If you have your VIN, check to see if your car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering your VIN HERE.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI She is due to arrive in Barcelona on 28 Jul. (Southampton afterwards??) She has currently 'gone dark' ie switched off her AIS transponder as she transits an area regarded as high risk. I expect it will stay off until she is in the northern part of the Red Sea next weekend.

GOLD XING is enroute from Shanghai to Ashdod, Israel (1 Aug) and Derince, Turkey (5 Aug). She has also 'gone dark'.

GLOVIS COURAGE currently refuelling off Singapore. Next stop will be Suez.
Rough estimates for possible destinations are:
Koper 1 Aug, Barcelona 2 Aug, Southampton 6 Aug or Zeebrugge 7 Aug

GLOVIS SUNRISE is also heading initially to Singapore before heading to EU. She is effectively 2 days behind GLOVIS COURAGE for timings.

GLOVIS CLIPPER departed Pier 80 San Francisco bound for Taiwan. She arrived off the coast of Taipei yesterday and is still holding offshore.

I see in Drammen port website the AUTO ACHIEVE is coming 24/07 from Zeebruge.. Can it be that it has Tesla cars??