Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mr Miserable I am

@Mr Miserable Thanks for the inside! What is the chance of catching my Tesla on fire after the usage? Let's say it might have been somehow damaged during the transport on the ship. Is it possible or this is highly unlikely? Or in general, how likely will my Tesla catch on fire?

Because exactly as you said, the press is really writing only about how EVs are catching in fires, but from what I have researched, this is not that common... What do you think?
Statistically EVs are much less likely to catch fire than an ICE car. However, if they do catch fire they are the devil to extinguish (and keep extinguished). The good news is that you will have plenty of time and opportunity to safely evacuate the vehicle before a fire really takes hold, which is not always the case with ICE vehicles. The fire service are likely to 'control' an EV fire ie prevent the fire spreading elsewhere and just let the car burn itself out.

There is little chance of your car being delivered damaged through being transported on a ship. The ship is responsible for the safe delivery of its cargo and car carriers are routinely moving cargo valued at over $200m. They wouldn't be in business if they damaged their cargo.

@Mr Miserable I found this document describing how the Suez Canal Convoy system works. In that document, it's mentioned that the Northbound convoy is departing at 0500 in the morning. I tried to calculate and predict the route of the Glovis Courage to Suez, which should arrive at Suez at 0100 Aug 02, but - it's gonna be very tight and I think it might have a little delay (1-2 hours). In that document, it's mentioned that the ship has to arrive before 0200 that day if they want to join the morning convoy, if the ship's gonna be delayed and still want to join that day, there's some fee they have to pay. Do you think that Glovis Courage would still join the 02 Aug morning convoy even if they arrive in Suez later than at 0200? Or what is the procedure for this? Do they in general pay a fee to let them in or just wait till next morning?

Thanks a lot for your insights!
I've just checked GLOVIS COURAGE's position.
She has 659 NM left to run to Port Suez. which means she can easily achieve an arrival there at 17kts.
These ships are well versed with the both Panama and Suez Canal procedures and have well established relationships with local ship's agents to ensure the smooth and timely passage of their vessels.
Relax - she will arrive on time.

• Love
Reactions: Petr Jelínek
GRANDE COTONOU arrives in Southampton tomorrow morning. This ship did feature on my suspect list and I haven't completely ruled her out although I think the chances of her carrying Teslas to the UK as quite slim. She is due to dock tomorrow morning at the City Cruise Terminal which means it will be possible to observe what is being unloaded from Mayflower Park.
Just a hint, should anyone be passing!

I've just checked GLOVIS COURAGE's position.
She has 659 NM left to run to Port Suez. which means she can easily achieve an arrival there at 17kts.
These ships are well versed with the both Panama and Suez Canal procedures and have well established relationships with local ship's agents to ensure the smooth and timely passage of their vessels.
Relax - she will arrive on time.
Thanks a lot! May I please ask you, where did you get this measurement? Is there some special app for it or just from the LAT/LNG of the Ship and Suez?

Almost a certainty.
I suspect the cars onboard will be the ones that were originally scheduled to be moved by GRAND SAPPHIRE. Her voyage was cancelled because of the Vancouver docker's strike.
If my understanding is correct, the VIKING SEA spent less than a full day docked at Shanghai South, so she wouldn't have had time to be fully loaded there, is that a fair assessment?

Hi !

So far, on my end I have booked a MY prop (Shanghai version) showing as in-transit (barcelona) on the 22 of July.

So far hard to know where is the car as my TA is not replying. The only info i have is that the car is in transit to Zeebrugge (from Barcelona ??)

Delivery is expecting between 25 August to 9 September in North of France. (it's not showing up on the HOEGH TOKYO base on the vin check)

Good afternoon Mr. Miserable,

I just wanted to tell you that some Spanish buyers have been told by their TAs that their M3 RWD LR are being transported to Spain in the Morning Carina. It suits me, since at the time the Morning Carina charged in Shanghai South, there were Teslas.

Greetings.

Good afternoon Mr. Miserable,

I just wanted to tell you that some Spanish buyers have been told by their TAs that their M3 RWD LR are being transported to Spain in the Morning Carina. It suits me, since at the time the Morning Carina charged in Shanghai South, there were Teslas.

Greetings.
Thank you for letting me know.
I did add MORNING CARINA to the tracker despite a lack of evidence as she did look suspect.