Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may be a little quiet around Shanghai for the next couple of days, at least until such time as the track of Typhoon Khanum becomes a little clearer.
The storm with its 115mph winds looked at one stage as if it may hit Shanghai but the forecasters then reckoned it would pass to the south and now they are suggesting the storm will turn and head for Japan without hitting the Chinese coast at all. All very confusing. Ships are keeping well clear and watching to see which way the storm actually heads.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
There are too many ships to choose from at the moment quite frankly. VIKING PASSERO is unusual in that she has set Jebel Ali as her AIS destination already whereas she should technically be showing Suez as her next port of call. eg HOEGH TRANSPORTER is heading for Jebel Ali too but is correctly showing Suez as her next port of call. Having said that, VIKING PASSERO has to be a suspect.
One ship of interest is GOLD HOSHI - at the moment she is not scheduled to call at Jebel Ali however she has been chartered by Tesla in the past to ship Berlin built cars to Israel and Taiwan. At the moment her itinerary has her going direct to Shanghai which is unusual. Just worth keeping an eye on....
I don't track Berlin shipments as a rule - they are generally part shipments rather than whole ship charters and I have my hands full keeping an eye on Shanghai, Baltimore and San Francisco.
agreed, my eyes where on both viking passero and hoegh transporter but the time frame of it isnt matching the info I got from tesla.

will be monitoring it over the next few days and see

Good morning Mr. Miserable.

What do you think about the Grand Pearl? It is a ship that left Shanghai on July 7 towards the Suez Canal and arrived in Livorno on August 1. Could this ship carry Teslas for the Italian market?? The only contradictory thing is that it loaded cars in the North port.

Good morning Mr. Miserable.

What do you think about the Grand Pearl? It is a ship that left Shanghai on July 7 towards the Suez Canal and arrived in Livorno on August 1. Could this ship carry Teslas for the Italian market?? The only contradictory thing is that it loaded cars in the North port.
Her stop in Livorno is a surprise - her itinerary should have taken her direct to Bristol. She is still due there on 10 Aug which certainly won't be on Tesla business.

@Mr Miserable Do you know if the cars are unloaded from the ship just when she docs in the port or do they wait till the morning for example? Do they have 24/7 shifts in Koper? If Glovis Courage arrives at 10 PM 05 Aug, I am just wondering when they will be done with unloading.
They will commence unloading straight away and it will likely take a couple of days. Tesla will be shipping them out of the docks as quickly as they can.

SUMMARY 03 Aug 23

GLOVIS COURAGE
Koper late 05 Aug.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is now confirmed to be heading to Southampton. ETA 12 Aug

MORNING CARINA ETA Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

VIKING SEA ETA Vancouver 13 Aug.

MORNING COMPOSER Initially heading to Tacoma (13 Aug) but thereafter to New Westminster, probably around 16 Aug.

Typhoon Khanum is being a bit of a nuisance to sea traffic off Shanghai at the moment. It has effectively blocked ships from heading south from S Korea and Northern China by sitting astride the East China Sea. The good news is that it has decayed from a Cat 3 to a Cat 2 storm with winds of only 95-110mph. The bad news is that it has stopped dead in the water and the forecasted move to the NE towards Japan has not yet happened.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).

Reactions: XHabjab
HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!
I can confirm my car to be onboard there.

Also the ship is now scheduled to have multiple stops meaning she may be carrying cars for multiple locations.
Current schedule for Hoegh Tokyo:
Livorno (ITLIV)
Arrival: 20.8.2023
Departure: 20.8.2023

Zeebrugge (BEZEE)
Arrival: 27.8.2023
Departure: 28.8.2023

Newcastle (GBNCL)
Arrival: 30.8.2023
Departure: 30.8.2023

Amsterdam (NLAMS)
Arrival: 1.9.2023
Departure: 1.9.2023

Antwerp (BEANR)
Arrival: 3.9.2023
Departure: 4.9.2023

@Mr Miserable Do you know, what just happened? Glovis Courage changed her course and now heading to Malta. Is this just some mistake or do you know why did it happened suddenly? On this page, she's still heading and showing Koper as her next stop, but this is very confusing...

Edit: She's heading to Koper again, but what was this weird maneuver, I have no idea...

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 8.31.41.png

Last edited:
How can you check which ship your car is on? I have my hidden VIN. Most likely my car is on Viking Sea or Morning Composer but I would love to know which one specifically so that I have one less ship to track 😃

I can confirm my car to be onboard there.

Also the ship is now scheduled to have multiple stops meaning she may be carrying cars for multiple locations.
Current schedule for Hoegh Tokyo:
Livorno (ITLIV)
Arrival: 20.8.2023
Departure: 20.8.2023

Zeebrugge (BEZEE)
Arrival: 27.8.2023
Departure: 28.8.2023

Newcastle (GBNCL)
Arrival: 30.8.2023
Departure: 30.8.2023

Amsterdam (NLAMS)
Arrival: 1.9.2023
Departure: 1.9.2023

Antwerp (BEANR)
Arrival: 3.9.2023
Departure: 4.9.2023
This ship is on a scheduled liner service - it is not chartered by Tesla. Tesla are using the ship to deliver to Zeebrugge.

@Mr Miserable Do you know, what just happened? Glovis Courage changed her course and now heading to Malta. Is this just some mistake or do you know why did it happened suddenly? On this page, she's still heading and showing Koper as her next stop, but this is very confusing...

Edit: She's heading to Koper again, but what was this weird maneuver, I have no idea...

View attachment 962097
She is still heading for Koper - must have been a temporary aberration. Her course never changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Petr Jelínek