Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way, two ships have arrived at the South Port of Shanghai. Dream Diva and Malaysia Passion. In a satellite image from yesterday, I calculate that there will be about 3000 Teslas waiting to be shipped. In the attached image, the orange areas are the usual ones for parking Teslas and they are empty. The green zone is where we have those 3,000 cars.
I'm not sure about DREAM DIVA - she disn't stay long at SHanghai SOuth and now looks to be repositioning to Haitong.
MALAYSIA PASSION could be a Tesla ship especially if she departs to Japan.

So I asked the Delivery Advisor if they had any news about my Ultra Red MXP ordered 2 months ago and the fact that I don’t even have a VIN at this time. The reply was rather concerning:

"Assignments are currently taking place, if a vehicle corresponding to your configuration is available, it will be assigned to you automatically."

That reply is as good as nothing. Actually worst, because it leaves the door open for a "sorry, we didn’t receive any car corresponding to your configuration. Maybe next time when we receive the next shipment from the US".
That is exactly how Tesla work - they do not build to order.

DREAM DIVA appears to be heading to Vancouver, Canada and so is likely to be carrying Teslas (MY).
She only spent about 13 hours alongside Shanghai South and so I expect she does not have a full load - probably well under 1000 cars.
Her AIS destination has been incorrectly input and so no ETA is shown however I estimate she will arrive in Vancouver around 30 Aug.

Yeah... that's what I'am afraid of.

I have been keeping an eye on the MX inventory offered on the Tesla website for Switzerland. They basically ran out of MX several weeks ago and the situation hasn't changed (only two old cars at the moment).

Would they list the cars as inventory some time before they finally arrive in Switzerland or do they wait until they physically receive them in the country?

Ok... so I don't know if it was my message to Tesla or just a coincidence, but I just got my VIN and the Tesla Vision disclaimer that I had to accept.

My VIN is also confirmed as being transported in the HÖEGH TRADER with an arrival on the 22.08.2023 at Zeebrugge.

No estimated delivery date from Tesla yet though.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Nothing identified at the moment.
For a delivery in Glasgow on 16th it would be on it's way. I assume you have been given a VIN?
If you PM me the VIN I may be able to get some more info.
Just be aware that I have found that sometimes there is a divergence from what Tesla tell you and reality. Mostly unintentional.
Noticed last night that my vehicle has been registered and can see the new registration number.
Would this mean the vehicle is in the U.K.?