Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed last night that my vehicle has been registered and can see the new registration number.
Would this mean the vehicle is in the U.K.?
I assume you have been notified of the 73 plate?
The car won't actually be registered until the day you take delivery - the registration you have will be from a block allocation from Swansea to Tesla.
It doesn't mean the car is in the UK. I had my reg allocated about 2 weeks before the car arrived in the UK.

Similar experience as you see in my other response above but now it is on the way to zeebruge don’t know how it gets to Greece though and how long that takes … do you ?
Hello!

Thanks to Mr. Miserable's previous post, I was able to find the exact location of the ship and it's estimated times.
First input your VIN number here: My cargo | Höegh Autoliners
If it is loaded on their ship, it'll let you know of its name load port, discharge port and arrival date.
Then, you can also track the ship's live location from here: Tesla Ship Tracker

If we assume your car is also in the same ship as mine, then it should reach Zeebrugge tomorrow.
After talking with the Tesla team in Greece, it seems that the ship will travel directly to Greece after Zeebrugge. I Googled about how long it takes to reach Piraeus port from Zeebrugge, and it seems it takes from 9 to 13 days, depending on the average speed of the ship.
The only unknown factor is how many cars it has to unload on Zeebrugge and how long it'll take to start for Piraeus.

Let me know if you found your car in the same ship as mine! :)

Thank you for the info
when I put the Vin in it tells me that it is voyage 168 and that it is arriving on 22 August at zeebruge . If you go on the hoegh site in fact the ship arrives on the 21 st and departs on the 22 nd
if the cars for Greece stay on it means they are on their way on the 22 nd
No other information is given
I’m all set up in Greece but I have a trip on the ninth September I’m just hoping I’ll be able to have the car by then. Let’s keep in touch we shall see …

Thank you for the info
when I put the Vin in it tells me that it is voyage 168 and that it is arriving on 22 August at zeebruge . If you go on the hoegh site in fact the ship arrives on the 21 st and departs on the 22 nd
I’m all set up in Greece but I have a trip on the ninth September I’m just hoping I’ll be able to have the car by then. Let’s keep in touch we shall see …
I have not received an estimate for the delivery but I found something interesting.

Since yesterday, after I was assigned a VIN, the final invoice for my car became available on the Tesla website, under the new vehicle details in my account.

The invoice indicates a delivery date: September 2. This is for Switzerland, where I believe the cars will be transported by truck directly from Zeebrugge. Of course, I am taking that date with a grain of salt…

Maybe you also have a final (or updated invoice) with some kind of estimate for your delivery date.

I have not received an estimate for the delivery but I found something interesting.

Since yesterday, after I was assigned a VIN, the final invoice for my car became available on the Tesla website, under the new vehicle details in my account.

The invoice indicates a delivery date: September 2. This is for Switzerland, where I believe the cars will be transported by truck directly from Zeebrugge. Of course, I am taking that date with a grain of salt…

Maybe you also have a final (or updated invoice) with some kind of estimate for your delivery date.
I will check tomorrow thanks !

Reactions: arubinst
Thank you for the info
I just checked the hoegh website the trader is not listed at least as going to Greece it’s going to Germany then the Middle East … so I’m confused !

I just checked the hoegh website the trader is not listed at least as going to Greece it’s going to Germany then the Middle East … so I’m confused !
You mean the "Trade Routes" page? Yes it's weird because none of the routes listed on the left side of the page mention Greece, but on the map shown on the right there's a route that seems to go from Zeebrugge to Tangier, to Valletta, to Piraeus.
Hoegh Autoliners Europe Route

Hello!

Thanks to Mr. Miserable's previous post, I was able to find the exact location of the ship and it's estimated times.
First input your VIN number here: My cargo | Höegh Autoliners
If it is loaded on their ship, it'll let you know of its name load port, discharge port and arrival date.
Then, you can also track the ship's live location from here: Tesla Ship Tracker

If we assume your car is also in the same ship as mine, then it should reach Zeebrugge tomorrow.
After talking with the Tesla team in Greece, it seems that the ship will travel directly to Greece after Zeebrugge. I Googled about how long it takes to reach Piraeus port from Zeebrugge, and it seems it takes from 9 to 13 days, depending on the average speed of the ship.
The only unknown factor is how many cars it has to unload on Zeebrugge and how long it'll take to start for Piraeus.

Let me know if you found your car in the same ship as mine! :)
HOEGH TRADER will not be heading to Pireaus. The idea that the cars for Greece will remain onboard is simply not true.
There is some sketchy evidence that in the past, cars for Greece have been moved via Barcelona, however in this case because of the small numbers involved, I would guess a road move would be the most likely.

Reactions: alexsar and TasosT
SUMMARY 21 Aug 23

HOEGH TRADER
Baltimore to Zeebrugge (22 Aug) with MS/MX.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

MORNING CARINA from Shanghai will arrive Zeebrugge on 24 Aug

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 30 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.
If you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

HOEGH DETROIT ETA Zeebrugge 9 Sep. Not yet confirmed to be carrying Teslas.

MORNING COMPOSER I'm not sure what is happening with his ship at the moment. She called at Tacoma and was meant to then head to Vancouver but she appears to be currently anchored off Tacoma.

DREAM DIVA Vancouver ETA ~30 Aug

MORNING CAROL From Shanghai to Dubai ETA 25 Aug.

TURANDOT ETA Brisbane 22 Aug
GLOVIS CARAVEL Port Kembla either later today or tomorrow.

GLOVIS SPIRIT Pier 80 - Taiwan ETA 28 Aug

I think we can assume that no more ships will be leaving Shanghai for Southampton or Zeebrugge this quarter (ie shipping cars for delivery by 30 Sep). There remains about a week before shipments to Barcelona and Koper can be ruled out. Needless to say, it has been a very unusual quarter and I suspect the numbers from Shanghai will be disappointing overall despite an appreciable contribution from shipments to Canada and Australia. This drop almost certainly the result of M3 production lines stopping whilst reconfiguring for the refreshed M3 (Project Highland) rather than any reduction in demand. I have a suspicion that more use was made of the Haitong Terminal for shipments in Q3 possibly because of work on the new pier at Shanghai South.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).

Last edited:
SUMMARY 21 Aug 23

HOEGH TRADER
Baltimore to Zeebrugge (22 Aug) with MS/MX.

MORNING CARINA from Shanghai will arrive Zeebrugge on 24 Aug

HOEGH TOKYO due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 30 Aug. She is confirmed to be carrying some MY.

HOEGH DETROIT ETA Zeebrugge 9 Sep. Not yet confirmed to be carrying Teslas.

MORNING COMPOSER I'm not sure what is happening with his ship at the moment. She called at Tacoma and was meant to then head to Vancouver but she appears to be currently anchored off Tacoma.

DREAM DIVA Vancouver ETA ~30 Aug

MORNING CAROL From Shanghai to Dubai ETA 25 Aug.

TURANDOT ETA Brisbane 22 Aug
GLOVIS CARAVEL Port Kembla either later today or tomorrow.

GLOVIS SPIRIT Pier 80 - Taiwan ETA 28 Aug

I think we can assume that no more ships will be leaving Shanghai for Southampton or Zeebrugge this quarter (ie shipping cars for delivery by 30 Sep). There remains about a week before shipments to Barcelona and Koper can be ruled out. Needless to say, it has been a very unusual quarter and I suspect the numbers from Shanghai will be disappointing overall despite an appreciable contribution from shipments to Canada and Australia. This drop almost certainly the result of M3 production lines stopping whilst reconfiguring for the refreshed M3 (Project Highland) rather than any reduction in demand. I have a suspicion that more use was made of the Haitong Terminal for shipments in Q3 possibly because of work on the new pier at Shanghai South.

Track the ships here. Positions are the most accurate available (via satellite).
For me when i check the tracking site for the ships it says that morning carina will arrive to zeeburg on 22 aug.

Hello Mr. Miserable.

Right now I am following two ships that will soon arrive in Shanghai, as soon as next Wednesday.

The first one is the HOEGH JEDDAH that will load in Taicang and then head towards Livorno and Zeebrugge. Maybe a handful of MY?

The second one is the THERMOPYLAE, which after two days in Shanghai, will go to Barcelona, where it would arrive on September 20. But we will have to see which port it is going to and see how the situation is in the South port regarding whether there are cars waiting to be shipped.

These are their schedules.. what do you think about these ships??

Attachments

• IMG_20230821_131941.jpg
    IMG_20230821_131941.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20230816_145932.jpg
    IMG_20230816_145932.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 35
Hi all, i'm from Italy.

I order my Model 3 on 2023-08-05 with estimated delivery: ott-nov 2023.

I don't have a VIN code assigned and now my esitmated delivery is: 2023-10-15 > < 2023-11-24

Do you have information about Livorno (Italy)? do the ships stop only for technical reasons or do they also unload cars?
or do the cars come with car transporters from abroad?

Today the Hoegh Tokyo continues to wait outside the port of Livorno and does not enter.

I check every day news and rumors about model 3 highland. I hope my car is one of them.

As soon as they give me the VIN I will give you the information about the ship.

Thanks for your valuable work.