Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a quick question, I'm from Denmark and I put in an order for the refreshed LR-M3 on the 2nd of september, My current EDD is November 17 - January 31st, would it be safe for me to assume that mine is probably not on the Crystal Ray that's currently traveling to the Suez?

I've got a quick question, I'm from Denmark and I put in an order for the refreshed LR-M3 on the 2nd of september, My current EDD is November 17 - January 31st, would it be safe for me to assume that mine is probably not on the Crystal Ray that's currently traveling to the Suez?

I have November 22 - February 8 here in Norway on my LR-M3 refresh ordered on 1st of September.
I want the car as soon as possible, but at the same time I don't want to have from the 1st batch

Always some minor issues with the 1st batch, the cars they had in Norway for the reveal had some issues and all of them had slightly different parts even though same trim. Some of them were pre-production units though.

Always some minor issues with the 1st batch, the cars they had in Norway for the reveal had some issues and all of them had slightly different parts even though same trim. Some of them were pre-production units though.
Yeah but in my instance, I do think they will be produced the with so little time between them. Even if I get my SR highland in November, they wouldn’t have changed anything because they were already on a ship some where I guess… let’s see! I hope I get my car asap.

I see Est Delivery for Model 3 on the UK site is now Jan 2024 - Feb 2024.
No highland order page also yet for UK. and you cannot order any new config Model 3 with Finance, whilst inventory cars are still currently 0% (mainly now ex-demo models with a few "coming soon").

something odd is going on with UK market relative to others. As noted here before, I suspect some end of line Fremont production may be destined to the UK prior to Highland launch.

Just my hunch.

No highland order page also yet for UK. and you cannot order any new config Model 3 with Finance, whilst inventory cars are still currently 0% (mainly now ex-demo models with a few "coming soon").

something odd is going on with UK market relative to others. As noted here before, I suspect some end of line Fremont production may be destined to the UK prior to Highland launch.

Just my hunch.
Do Freemont make RHD M3’s then?

Would they be cars that were originally destined for Japan, Australia?

Any guess as to why my Model S which was manufactured (received VIN number) in mid-May and arrived in Zeebrugge in 22th of August is still waiting there and is not being sent to Greece (Piraeus port)?
Are they waiting for more cars to arrive to Zeebrugge before they forward my order? At this point, I wish I could just travel to Zeebrugge and drive it home myself.

Any guess as to why my Model S which was manufactured (received VIN number) in mid-May and arrived in Zeebrugge in 22th of August is still waiting there and is not being sent to Greece (Piraeus port)?
Are they waiting for more cars to arrive to Zeebrugge before they forward my order? At this point, I wish I could just travel to Zeebrugge and drive it home myself.

No, that would be too long. Why don't you instead get one straight from the local inventory in Greece?

Reactions: TasosT
No, that would be too long. Why don't you instead get one straight from the local inventory in Greece?
wow I didn't know there was 1 in stock since early September! Thanks a lot for the heads up!
I called them and it seems they didn't notice it was the same as mine because it has FSD and mine had the Advanced version. They can just change it before delivery and it'll be the same as the one I've ordered! THAAANKS!! <3

• Love
Reactions: navguy12 and Tiger

Fremont haven't made RHD M3's since about 2020, but there's no reason why they couldn't again.

Japan & Australia both have highland available to order from December '23 and January '24 respectively and you cannot now order the old model there.

If my hunch is right, we would only see Fremont M3s shipping across the pond to the UK, but those ships not hitting other RHD markets.

Nope.
Australia and Japan supplied from Shanghai.
Shipping anything from Fremont to Europe at the moment is horrendously expensive because of Panama Canal delays. Everything would need to be be shipped to the East coast and then shipped. Expensive and not worth it quite frankly.

It looks to me like CRYSTAL RAY is heading to Zeebrugge.
I estimate she will arrive there on 16 Oct (I note elsewhere that she is scheduled to depart Zeebrugge on 17 Oct - so that fits).
The closer GLOVIS COSMOS gets to Suez the more I am inclined to say that she is heading to Southampton (3 Oct). We wont find out for sure until she clears the canal on 25 Sep.