Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great! Doesn’t change the delivery date but it’s feels like something is happening. Mine is a leasing car so I rest assure that the company will be handling these things.

I now also have the delivery estimate appearing in the app, it wasn't visible until Tesla changed something on their end yeasterday.

Same for me, but same delivery date as before. I guess the cars could be on the Crystal Ray arriving mid-October, but then the delivery date from mid-November doesn't make sense.

I have from November 22 to February 8, no VIN assigned.

Same for me, but same delivery date as before. I guess the cars could be on the Crystal Ray arriving mid-October, but then the delivery date from mid-November doesn't make sense.
Maybe it’s just to be sure or it could be that they
I now also have the delivery estimate appearing in the app, it wasn't visible until Tesla changed something on their end yeasterday.

I have from November 22 to February 8, no VIN assigned

I guess the timeframe is just to be on the safe side. But with mid October closing in, it would be nice to know if your car is on the Crystal Ray or not…. If it isn’t we will probably be waiting until mid November.

The ship to follow at the moment is CRYSTAL RAY.
We know she has LHD M3 Highland onboard for EU.
At the moment we don't know her final destination - it could be Koper (10 Oct), Barcelona (11 Oct) or Zeebrugge (16 Oct).
The dates are my estimates.
At present the ship is in the South China Sea heading for the Suez Canal.
She doesn't yet appear on the tracking map but she will shortly.
Do we know if there are possible M3 Highlands on the Glovis Cosmos? Or 100% sure the first batch is on the Crystal Ray?

Some in Norway have October 19 - December 13 as delivery window for theirs, so that is a good question.
Mine M3SR in Denmark has delivery between 14 October - 8 December. But as stated earlier miserable, it’s most likely a few demo highlands. We have one in Denmark right now for showcasing around different cities. Originally from Norway. I hope that some are on the COSMOS.

Seems like the SR variant has an earlier delivery date than the LR variant.
I have seen several reports of October - December for peoeple with SR variant while all LR that I have seen have November - February
Yes it seems like the first batch is a batch of SR cars. If it works like I suspect that it works Tesla produces similar cars in one Batch. Then they ship them and the total amount has been separated in smaller batches for the different countries in Europe. So I have high hopes mine is in the first batch on the Crystal Ray. Hopefully VIN will be given shortly.

I would love for that to be true, but it is probably a mix and most likely those that had a model 3 order that was converted to a highland that will be the first ones I think.

I ordered the RWD/SR Highland in Norway on September 1st and my estimation is November 22nd to February 5th.

When configuring a new RWD order exactly like mine you still get the estimation of October-November in the design Studio though..

Works on my end, both ships showing (even though Glovis Cosmos still says Shantou instead of Suez, but that's irrelevant, I'm more interested in the next destination).
It says Shantou because that is what the crew have entered as their destination. It is not unknown for bored crewmen to see how far they are from home by idly mucking around with this bit of kit and not realising the secondary effects!

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
It looks like DREAM DIVA has departed Shanghai South for Vancouver. She has mucked up the AIS destination code by entering the IATA airport code instead!
This is why an ETA will not automatically be calculated.
I however estimate an arrival there around 6 Oct.
I will add her to the tracking map.

It's unusual to see a shipment straddling an end of quarter however Tesla may have taken the view that since the figures for Q3 will appear bad (in uneducated Wall St eyes) anyway, let's ship now to ensure a bumper Q4. I also suspect they may be running out of space at the docks and need to start shipping to cope with the anticipated production ramp-up.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Chocochip
Thanks, I figured it out but always nice to see people help each other out. I read that the VIN assignment usually happens between Taiwan and Sri Lanka. Do you know if this is still the case?
I don't think there is any set point - I have seen them being allotted when the cars were loaded in Shanghai and also as the ship approached Suez, and all points in between!.