Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, but it's the old Model 3 I was referring to..

Only wild card I have spotted is Garnet Ace, left Shanghai Sept 4th. Currently heading to Antwerp from Barcelona. Maybe that will head to Southampton after its mainland Europe stuff. Total and utter wild card though.

2nd Scenario is that Tesla aren't being straight with you and it is on Glovis Cosmos.

Reactions: beforesunset
Nothing on my radar. They don't make 'classic' Model 3s anymore - GLOVIS COSMOS is unloading the last of them at Southampton now.
I've just had a look at my list of Shanghai departures and nothing is leaping out at me - I'll take a closer look tomorrow but I very much doubt there is another ship.
I had a good look at my records and what is arriving in Southampton on 9 Oct and can categorically say nothing with Teslas onboard is arriving then or anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: beforesunset
Typhoon Koinu is now a Category 4 typhoon. It was only forecast to become a 3 at most but forecasting these things is the devil.
The typhoon is just hitting SW Taiwan at the moment and should lose some energy as it crosses the land and heads off towards Hong Kong but .....
RCC ANTWERP (and lots of other sensible ships) are holding well clear to the north until the typhoon passes - another 24 hrs and it should be safe for her to start creeping south.

Reactions: byHeroo
It seems ASIAN CAPTAIN has a delay. Initial arrival date in SUEZ was 15 october at 18:00. Now I see will arrive at 17 october
Not quite.
She is still scheduled to arrive in Suez on 15 Oct.
The tracker measures closing speed to destination to calculate the ETA, which works well if the ship is heading directly towards the destination, but not at all well if it isn't. eg when a ship heading for Southampton is approaching Gibraltar it will be heading west instead of north and the closing speed is negligible producing a rubbish ETA.
If you know the limitations of the system you can live with it......

Typhoon Koinu is crossing Taiwan and RCC ANTWERP has started to move south to pass to the east of Taiwan and behind the typhoon.
Interestingly a number of cargo vessels (no car carriers) have been caught by the typhoon in the Straits of Taiwan (which can be rough in the best of times!).
The typhoon's strength has dropped as expected but it is still a category 2 storm with 105mph winds.

Reactions: ABCTG
I had a good look at my records and what is arriving in Southampton on 9 Oct and can categorically say nothing with Teslas onboard is arriving then or anytime soon.
Only wild card I have spotted is Garnet Ace, left Shanghai Sept 4th. Currently heading to Antwerp from Barcelona. Maybe that will head to Southampton after its mainland Europe stuff. Total and utter wild card though.

2nd Scenario is that Tesla aren't being straight with you and it is on Glovis Cosmos.
I just noticed Glovis Cosmos had her next destination updated to Sheerness, ETA 9th October!
Mostly wishful thinking on my part as still no VIN assigned and reality of my order not being fulfilled slowly sinking in.. 😔

I just noticed Glovis Cosmos had her next destination updated to Sheerness, ETA 9th October!
Mostly wishful thinking on my part as still no VIN assigned and reality of my order not being fulfilled slowly sinking in.. 😔
so i am in the same boat, no vin and in red with white interior means there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice.

So what happens if tesla can't fulfill the order?

They keep calling and offering a white one but just got rid of a white one so not keen

Thanks

Hash

Typhoon Koinu is crossing Taiwan and RCC ANTWERP has started to move south to pass to the east of Taiwan and behind the typhoon.
Interestingly a number of cargo vessels (no car carriers) have been caught by the typhoon in the Straits of Taiwan (which can be rough in the best of times!).
The typhoon's strength has dropped as expected but it is still a category 2 storm with 105mph winds
Crystal Ray has now ETA of 24th Oct. to ZEBRUGGE in the Tesla Tracker website.

On the marine traffic website or app it says 17th, whats more accurate?😄
as mentioned the tracker adapts to the speed and course of the vessel and therefore will show a later date if it travels slower or around land etc.

Reactions: JAMESHENRY1
Time for another summary:

DREAM DIVA ETA Vancouver now scheduled later today (07 Oct)

CRYSTAL RAY ETA Zeebrugge 17 Oct

ASIAN CAPTAIN ETA Izmir 18 Oct, Koper 22 Oct

NEPTUNE BARCELONA I'm guessing an arrival in Zeebrugge around 30 Oct. Of note, I don't believe she has a full load.

RCC ANTWERP is now well clear of Typhoon Koinu and is making best speed for Singapore. Due in Barcelona 30 Oct,

MALAYSIA GRACE is loading at Shanghai South at the moment. I don't believe she will be EU bound.

If you are waiting for a Model S or Model X, HOEGH TROOPER will depart Baltimore on 09 Oct and is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 19 Oct. If you have received your VIN, you can check to see if your car is on this ship by entering your VIN HERE. Don't forget to let me know the result!

You can follow these ships on the tracking map HERE.

ELEKTRA is making her way in to Shanghai South. She's a big ship but I have yet to find her itinerary.
TALIA is preparing to leave and looks like she is repositioning to the Haitong terminal - so was this a drop-off only???
Is ELEKTRA doing the same??? They both came from Gunsan, S Korea which may suggest they are doing the same task.

Last edited: