Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a look at the official roro records for Gioia Tauro port and there is no evidence that it has been ever used for Tesla shipments.
It make sense since the port is located deep south and most Tesla SC are far away in the North of the country. Capodistria / Koper is far nearer
Is it possible that this port is being used just for a small number of cars destined to the southern Tesla SC?
I've no absolutely no clue on how this kind of shipments are being handled, and if it's possible to ship just a small amount of cars - because, of course, it would make no sense to ship a large amount of cars to this port

Model X Plaid, Red ordered on 10 OCT, received VIN on 11 OCT --> it shows as present onboard of HÖEGH TROOPER on their website, no delivery date on Tesla account.
I wonder how is this even possible? How do they do it so fast?
Tesla don't build to order. The gigafactories produce whatever suits them and then orders are matched to what has been shipped.
You were lucky.

Is it possible that this port is being used just for a small number of cars destined to the southern Tesla SC?
I've no absolutely no clue on how this kind of shipments are being handled, and if it's possible to ship just a small amount of cars - because, of course, it would make no sense to ship a large amount of cars to this port
I think it is an admin stop for Grimaldi vessels. They all use it but I agree there is no evidence that any Teslas are unloaded here.

Highlands have been unloaded in Ashdod by Mediterreanen Sea. According to Marinetraffic the ship is now underway towards Derince, Turkey. Unknown if it unloaded its entire load of Teslas in Israel.

1000001110.jpg

Highlands have been unloaded in Ashdod by Mediterreanen Sea. According to Marinetraffic the ship is now underway towards Derince, Turkey. Unknown if it unloaded its entire load of Teslas in Israel.

View attachment 981799
I did have half an eye on MEDITERRANEAN SEA but when it kicked off in Israel I didn't think she would be able to dock in Ashdod. Clearly she offloaded before her insurers could react. The Tesla Israel site does say deliveries Oct/Nov 23 of the new Model 3 and so I think the info is correct. Of note, the ship did not load at Shanghai South but the main Haitong terminal. This may indicate that it is not a full Tesla charter.
The ship is now off to Turkey where the new Model 3 is not being offered and so I assume it must be MY that is being delivered. I think it strange that Turkey isn't being supplied with MY from Berlin. So in all likelihood the Turkey stop may not be Tesla related at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: navguy12 and marud
I did have half an eye on MEDITERRANEAN SEA but when it kicked off in Israel I didn't think she would be able to dock in Ashdod. Clearly she offloaded before her insurers could react. The Tesla Israel site does say deliveries Oct/Nov 23 of the new Model 3 and so I think the info is correct.
The ship is now off to Turkey where the new Model 3 is not being offerred and so I assume it must be MY that is being delivered. I think it strange that Turkey isn't being supplied with MY from Berlin.

Do you reckon there's a possibility that the ship's next destination will include Koper?

The ship is now off to Turkey where the new Model 3 is not being offered and so I assume it must be MY that is being delivered. I think it strange that Turkey isn't being supplied with MY from Berlin. So in all likelihood the Turkey stop may not be Tesla related at all.
ASIAN CAPTAIN is also supposed to stop at Izmir 18 Oct, before heading to Koper/Capodistria.

Not sure if it's still the case but I wander why: more MY? Or maybe Elon Musk in his recent visit to Turkey promised that the M3 will be released sooner

ASIAN CAPTAIN is also supposed to stop at Izmir 18 Oct, before heading to Koper/Capodistria.

Not sure if it's still the case but I wander why: more MY? Or maybe Elon Musk in his recent visit to Turkey promised that the M3 will be released sooner
Its very strange that the Greek deliveries will come as always through Barcelona, while koper and of course izmir are next to us!!!

So GLOVIS STAR has departed Shanghai South on her way to Suez and Europe/UK. Final destination is undetermined at present.
My estimates would be Koper 5 Nov, Barcelona 6 Nov, Southampton 10 Nov or Zeebrugge 11 Nov.
It looks like GOLD KOCHAV will be next to dock at Shanghai South. Her itinerary is the same at MEDITERRANEAN SEA ie Israel and Turkey.

Time for a summary:

CRYSTAL RAY ETA Zeebrugge 17 Oct

ASIAN CAPTAIN ETA Izmir 18 Oct, Koper 22 Oct

NEPTUNE BARCELONA I'm guessing an arrival in Zeebrugge around 30 Oct. Of note, I don't believe she has a full load.

RCC ANTWERP Barcelona 30 Oct,

If you are waiting for a Model S or Model X, HOEGH TROOPER is confirmed to have some onboard and is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 19 Oct.
If you have received your VIN, you can check to see if your car is on this ship by entering your VIN HERE. Don't forget to let me know the result!

GRANDE ROMA I'm undecided whether she actually has some Teslas onboard at present - She may have delivered some to Thailand.

GRANDE DAKAR I'm undecided whether she actually has some Teslas onboard - She wasn't alongside long enough to load many. If she has they are possibly LHD M3 Highland for UK showrooms - ETA Southampton 16 Nov.

GLOVIS STAR Destination undetermined at present. My estimates would be Koper 5 Nov, Barcelona 6 Nov, Southampton 10 Nov or Zeebrugge 11 Nov.

GOLD KOCHAV Loading at Shanghai South. Ashdod 7 Nov.

You can follow these ships on the tracking map HERE.

Reactions: XHabjab
So GLOVIS STAR has departed Shanghai South on her way to Suez and Europe/UK. Final destination is undetermined at present.
My estimates would be Koper 5 Nov, Barcelona 6 Nov, Southampton 10 Nov or Zeebrugge 11 Nov.
It looks like GOLD KOCHAV will be next to dock at Shanghai South. Her itinerary is the same at MEDITERRANEAN SEA ie Israel and Turkey.
Can you please add Glovis Star to the tracker?