Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HOEGH TRIGGER has now departed Taicang enroute to Zeebrugge (24 Nov).
There is no evidence that she is carrying any Teslas however Tesla have frequently used this scheduled service in the past.
Helpfully, you can check whether your car is onboard this ship by entering your VIN HERE.
Let me know if you get a positive result!

I don't track ships with Berlin-built MY but in the past I believe they have arrived on scheduled Grimaldi vessels.
If you get your VIN and the first 3 digits are LRW then your car is coming from China. I understand you folks in Israel get told your VIN officially weeks ahead of delivery (way earlier than UK/EU customers). Let me know when you get your VIN.
Thanks !
We don't have VINs yet...
What are Grimaldi?

Thanks !
We don't have VINs yet...
What are Grimaldi?
GRIMALDI are a company that operate a fleet of RoRo car carriers that, among other services, operate a 'EuroMed' scheduled service that calls at Ashdod. At least it did in normal times. Getting insurance to call at Ashdod may prove expensive at the moment and so I don't know if the scheduled service is running at the moment. They will probably divert the service to Haifa.

Isn't it a bit weird that almost all ships are going to Koper, Barcelona and Israel atm? I thought that northern europe would have a lot higher demand. It's pretty rare to see a Tesla in Spain and south europe but it's really common in northern europe.

LAKE COMO is on her way to UK/EU and is likely to be a Tesla shipment.
Her ETA in Suez is 15 Nov, which is quite unambitious and so one might hope that it may come forward a couple of days.
My estimates for the possible destinations are as follows: Koper 19 Nov, Barcelona 20 Nov, Southampton 24 Nov or Zeebrugge 25 Nov.

In the meantime TANNHAUSER (may not be Tesla related) and GLOVIS CHALLENGE are waiting offshore for the call to dock at Shanghai South.

There is no evidence that she is carrying any Teslas however Tesla have frequently used this scheduled service in the past.
Helpfully, you can check whether your car is onboard this ship by entering your VIN HERE.
Yes, I've got a match for my VIN on this ship - a red LR for delivery in Sweden on Dec 11-25.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
LAKE COMO is on her way to UK/EU and is likely to be a Tesla shipment.
Her ETA in Suez is 15 Nov, which is quite unambitious and so one might hope that it may come forward a couple of days.
My estimates for the possible destinations are as follows: Koper 19 Nov, Barcelona 20 Nov, Southampton 24 Nov or Zeebrugge 25 Nov.

In the meantime TANNHAUSER (may not be Tesla related) and GLOVIS CHALLENGE are waiting offshore for the call to dock at Shanghai South.
LAKE COMO's itinerary has been found (thanks @nova56) and as a result I am now not convinced that this is a Tesla shipment at all.
LAKE COMO will head to Derince, Turkey (19 Nov), Bristol, England (26 Nov) and finally Southampton (28 Nov).
That, in my opinion, is not a Tesla itinerary.

Last edited:
Reactions: nova56

Positive result!

HÖEGH TRIGGER (TRIG) M​

Voyage 47
Load port Taicang
Planned load 25.10.2023
Departure date 26.10.2023
Discharge port Zeebrugge
Arrival date 23.11.2023

Reactions: Mr Miserable
You're not the only one. It's a massive downgrade imho..
Feel free to send detailed feedback on what issues you are facing at the moment to my support email on the site!

As you may expect, running a site that aggregates various AIS feeds from both terrestrial and satellite can get quite pricey so I have had to scale back on certain data sources, this included the ships previous tracks, future tracks and also certain characteristics about the ships journey. Each of those are individual API calls that used to regularly run.

I chose to redevelop the UI to be more accessible for a wider community, the old UI was very unusable with screen readers and also was a bodge of multiple UI frameworks which regularly broke in recent browser engine updates, especially on Safari which is our largest source of users. The new UI is designed from the ground up to be even more efficient on page loads and server hosting (for example, as of it being deployed we have had around 70k unique page loads of which only 2GB of data has been served in that entire time frame - around 28.57 kilobytes per session). The previous site was on the order of triple that value.

As I previously said, I am more than happy to do whatever changes to the UI to suit the users better - one thing I am working on at the moment is the ability to mark a ships "confirmed-ness" on the map in cases where we do not know if it is a tesla carrier ship.

Unfortunately, if it's an issue regarding the detail of the data - I'm afraid we are out of options at the moment while I try to find some accurate AIS sources, I may be able to re-gain some of the detail but only for ships in range of terrestrial receivers (mostly tends to be once the ships are in Europe and maybe around some key ports if we are lucky).

• Helpful
Reactions: XHabjab
Does anyone know how to track land shipments from Fremont to Vancouver, Canada?

I know the MS and MX are exclusive made there. Curious to know how frequently Vancouver receives these shipments for inventory update.
I keep an eye on activity at Pier 80 San Francisco.
At the moment we have GLOVIS CLIPPER alongside there.
I have no idea where she will head to but traditionally I would expect it to be Taiwan or S Korea.