Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery date of Feb 24 for my new Model 3. Is it likely that it is on GLOVIS SPLENDOR due Southampton 04 Dec ? Or is there expected another delivery into the UK between now and then. TIA
Very doubtful would be my opinion. Tesla pump cars off the boats, wipe their faces and get them out to customers. Have you got a VIN yet? My guess would be an early Jan shipment with your car on board.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Nothing from @Mr Miserable since November 13. Are you doing well? We miss you.
Sorry. I have been having a bit of an IT issue and my posts have not been hitting the thread - some have ended up in PMs!!
Perhaps it's an age thing.
Anyway I'm back - I'll send out a summary once I have collected my thoughts...

Good afternoon, Mr. Miserable.

It seems that we have confirmation that the MORNING CHAMPION brings Teslas, at least, to Barcelona, since it would later go to Zeebrugge. We have a hot video of Wu Wa. It looks like this could be the last ship this year for Europe.

Greetings

I think there is little doubt that MORNING CHAMPION is heading for Europe but I think it interesting that she she spent so long loading.
You will recall that the previous ship at Shanghai South was PLATINUM RAY. I suspect that PLATINUM RAY was also going to be heading for Europe too however her voyage was cancelled as a result of the Houthi action in the Red Sea on GALAXY LEADER. At the same time a number of other car carriers that were approaching the Red Sea did a 180 and left the area. None of these ships were carrying Teslas.
I posted elsewhere that GALAXY LEADER was a poor choice by the Houthis since it was probably empty. It was heading to India and since car imports have at least a 100% tariff not many cars get imported to India. A video released by the Houthis seems to confirm that the ship was empty. Also the manner in which the single helicopter was flown indicated a lack of experience in maritime operations and the fact that the Houthis did not fast-rope shows a lack of training and/or equipment. There were juicier targets around with more value and even closer ties to Israel but it would have involved waiting a day or two. So I think there is an element of poor intelligence here too. Now this poor intelligence can cause a problem. There is at least one ship carrying Teslas with the same ship management company as GALAXY LEADER. I'm not going to name the ship or the company, but my concern is that someone may put 2 and 2 together and make 5 ie assume that having the ship management = same owner.
Anyway, back to my original point, I wonder whether MORNING CHAMPION has extra cars onboard that should have been loaded on to PLATINUM RAY.
MORNING CHAMPION is not a big ship and I would expect her to carry a maximum of around 4000 Teslas. Given that we were expecting Barcelona to receive around 800, the loading time would suggest she is full. Will she visit Koper and Barcelona?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: navguy12
HOEGH TRIGGER Zeebrugge 24 Nov. Confirmed to be carrying Teslas. Input your VIN HERE to see if your car is on this ship.

TANNHAUSER Zeebrugge ETA 25 Nov

GLOVIS SPLENDOR Southampton ETA 04 Dec

ASTERIA LEADER Zeebrugge ~9 Dec Not a Tesla charter - part load only to Zeebrugge.

MORNING CHAMPION Barcelona ~ 15 Dec Will she call at Koper too?

PROCYON LEADER to Malaysia ETA 25 Nov

MALAYSIA PASSION Yokohama ETA 25 Nov

GRAND DAHLIA Vancouver ETA 27 Nov

You can follow these ships on the NEW tracking map HERE.

I think it safe to declare that we are unlikely to see any more departures to Europe for deliveries in Q4.
It's been a strange quarter with Tesla utilising much more space on scheduled liner services and sharing charters with Hyundai/Kia than we have seen previously.
This is probably a reflection of reduced M3 exports to EU as production of M3 Highland ramped up. I suspect the bulk of M3 Highland produced in Q4 was sold in China.
Q1 24 should see RHD production of M3 Highland commencing.

HOEGH TRIGGER has arrived in Zeebrugge

TANNHAUSER Zeebrugge ETA tomorrow 25th

ASTERIA LEADER Zeebrugge ~9 Dec Not a Tesla charter - part load only to Zeebrugge.

PROCYON LEADER to Malaysia ETA tomorrow 25 Nov

MALAYSIA PASSION Yokohama ETA tomorrow 25 Nov

You can follow these ships on the tracking map HERE.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
HOEGH TRIGGER has arrived in Zeebrugge

TANNHAUSER Zeebrugge ETA tomorrow 25th

PROCYON LEADER to Malaysia ETA tomorrow 25 Nov

MALAYSIA PASSION Yokohama ETA tomorrow 25 Nov

You can follow these ships on the tracking map HERE.

How likely is Morning Champion to drop some cars at Koper? Any chance to know it before it passes Suez canal?

Does anyone know if “spare” cars are on these ships ? My company ordered mine on Wednesday through a lease company but I don’t have any further info. They said it should be here by end of the year which would mean it’s already on a ship right ?

Does anyone know if “spare” cars are on these ships ? My company ordered mine on Wednesday through a lease company but I don’t have any further info. They said it should be here by end of the year which would mean it’s already on a ship right ?
GLOVIS SPLENDOR is due to arrive in Southampton on 4 Dec.

Reactions: Kssquared
snapshot_Pos11.jpg
Nordic Ace with a large number og Highlands arrived Drammen today