Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly off topic, but do we know why some of those vehicles still appear to have chrome window surrounds, handles, etc. or is it just camera trickery and its a protective film (though that would be odd that it was on some and not others)
It’s white protective film, think the white models look like they don’t have it but it just blends in with paintwork colour, some could be peeled off as well I suppose

Good afternoon, an update...

MORNING CHAMPION Barcelona Dec 25. Sail through the South Atlantic. Zeebrugge Dec 31

TITUS Southampton 14 Jan & Zeebrugge 16 Jan. Sailing through the South China Sea towards Singapore to make a technical refueling stop.

HOEGH DETROIT, is about to depart from the port of Taicang and its destination is Zeebrugge on January 14. Taicang is a port where Hoegh ships often load Teslas among other brands of cars. At the moment, there is no confirmation that it transports Teslas and I don't have much hope either, however, if anyone who is waiting for a car in a country in northern Europe and has a VIN, you can check if your car is on said ship through the following link entering your VIN...

If any search is successful, please report it.

Reactions: Nikow

MORNING CHAMPION Barcelona Dec 25. Sail through the South Atlantic. Zeebrugge Dec 31

TITUS Southampton 14 Jan & Zeebrugge 16 Jan. Sailing through the South China Sea towards Singapore to make a technical refueling stop.

HOEGH DETROIT, is about to depart from the port of Taicang and its destination is Zeebrugge on January 14. Taicang is a port where Hoegh ships often load Teslas among other brands of cars. At the moment, there is no confirmation that it transports Teslas and I don't have much hope either, however, if anyone who is waiting for a car in a country in northern Europe and has a VIN, you can check if your car is on said ship through the following link entering your VIN...

I have a new M3 LR stealth grey (first EV) on order, hoping it's on Hoegh Detroit as I don't have a VIN yet but estimated delivery is Jan - Feb. Ordered from Ireland.

Will take either, figured it wasn't TITUS as I have got the VIn yet
Don't think anyone has VIN's from TITUS yet , a few reported getting them a couple of days after it sailed but got removed from app shortly after, processing error by Tesla. Asked on FB and told normally don't get VIN's until in European waters or close to it but not 100% on that either , waiting game

Reactions: Oxid8ter

What are the chances that Titus, Hoegh Detroit others will have to divert around South Africa? ie to avoid the Red Sea?
It seems many shipping lines are diverting now, such as Maersk.

Just a quick update on south port status.
As you can see in the picture, it's still filling up.

Maybe a mysterious ship coming soon ? 🤓

Edit : If someone has found Glovis Chorus Schedule as he just arrived at Nangang ...

Attachments

• nangang.png
    nangang.png
    961.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Reactions: starharbour
TITUS looks to be making good progress and looks to be on course to arrive at Singapore as anticipate late this afternoon, before continuing on its course to Southampton.
yes, question is whether she goes via Suez or via South Africa. Maybe that's why Tesla give a pretty broad range of when the M3H will be delivered as I understand around S. Africa to be a 10 day detour - pretty similar to the window delivery margin.

Reactions: ringi and Oxid8ter
yes, question is whether she goes via Suez or via South Africa. Maybe that's why Tesla give a pretty broad range of when the M3H will be delivered as I understand around S. Africa to be a 10 day detour - pretty similar to the window delivery margin.
That would make sense. It would mean estimated arrival of 15th Jan becomes 25th Jan, and some with their VIN back in the app have had the date changed to 28th Jan - 5th Feb, though they seem to be in Ireland, so their may have been a consideration made for transportation once in the UK. Will have to watch and see how things progress...

Not sure if i'm comparing apples to apples here, but I assume, at face value, to be the case...

Another Wallenius Wilhelmsen vehicles carrier currently now transiting through Suez Canal... is this indication that it is likely TITUS will follow same path unless the situation changes drastically between now and when TITUS is expected to transit? I should think so.....

• Informative
Reactions: Oxid8ter
TITUS is arriving in Singapore to make a technical refueling stop and continue on its way.

Regarding whether it will head towards Suez or take the long route around South Africa, in principle it should head to Suez since Wallenius is a Norwegian shipping company with no ties to Israel as the DON QUIJOTE has done, however we have to wait for the ship to refuel and see where it is headed.

In the case of the MORNING CHAMPION, which is heading towards Barcelona currently circumnavigating Africa, it detoured towards Jakarta when it was sailing through the South China Sea and did not even pass through Singapore. Up to two more car transport ships that do not transport Teslas have also had to divert and avoid their passage through the Red Sea.

With all this, Tesla will have to carefully select which shipping companies it chooses to transport its cars to Europe in Q1 2024, since it seems that the conflict is going to last a long time.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
My M3H delivery range has today changed 22/1 - 6/2 to 12/1 - 13/2…. So it’s going to be either earlier or later….

I understand it being later if TITUS was taking the long route but not sure why the start of the window is now earlier given it wasn’t due to arrive at Southampton until 14/1.