Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 x plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my plaid
I have not a single negative thing to say aboht pickup experience. Car cosmetically looks good and I don’t notice any mechanical issues
Much more quiet then my 2016 but bumpy and my neck hurts could be the head rest position

Attachments

• 3C862A07-A061-45C4-8FB6-13F9374DB3ED.jpeg
    3C862A07-A061-45C4-8FB6-13F9374DB3ED.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 125
  • F10B2105-717D-4C85-90D1-F9012521EE89.jpeg
    F10B2105-717D-4C85-90D1-F9012521EE89.jpeg
    771.8 KB · Views: 80
Well after spending two days with my new plaid I can say the following so far

- yes the interior is nicer but :
Seats are not as comfortable as my 16. Feels more shallow and no cushioning
-it’s bumpy just like my 16. Newer suspension does diddly squat
- it’s just as noisy as my 16 , no significant differences which I’m really surprised of

Basically I should have Stuck with the 16 kind of disappointed

Reactions: njcycleguy
Well after spending two days with my new plaid I can say the following so far

- yes the interior is nicer but :
Seats are not as comfortable as my 16. Feels more shallow and no cushioning
-it’s bumpy just like my 16. Newer suspension does diddly squat
- it’s just as noisy as my 16 , no significant differences which I’m really surprised of

Basically I should have Stuck with the 16 kind of disappointed
Felt the same. It doesn't get any better, at least for me it didn't. Sold my 22 Plaid X after 13k miles of trying to love it. Including the yoke, which at first I was OK with but later came to despise, as well as those silly haptic buttons.

Should have kept my 2018 P100D MX.

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay
Man Im so depressed over it, I hope my opinion changes over the next few weeks. 150k is not cheap. Plus I had unlimited premium/charging on the 16.

Pros :
-Looks much better (paint job is superb, interior looks nice)
-I like the horizontal screen and the way it moves
-speed (its fast as crap)
-I actually like the haptic buttons especially for windshield wiper and turning
-I like the sentry mode viewing via phone, my 16 had sentry but not via phone app
-I like the flat black look vs glossy of the back of the seats, it would always get very dirty and honestly looks outdated.
-the center storage is definitely better, more room
-the phone charging is nice and convenient

Cons:
-Rough handling. Even set all the way to soft ride and soft handling. Auto seems to be better at times vs comfort, doesnt seem to be consistent. I had same issue with my 16 with continental tires. I do not think they are high quality. I used to have pirellis, they were like 70% better, maybe Ill do the same here.
-Noise... still there! After 7 years I thought they would finally get the noise down. I think its better but its NOT that much better. I can still hear a cars wind noise from nearly 1/2 mile down the road!
-Chairs are so far uncomfortable. No adjustable headrest, no padding. I had a loaner one time when my 16 was being repaired, man the seats were so comfortable, it had so much padding ,it felt like I was floating in the air. Ive been searching for that car ever since
-the yoke doesnt come out far enough. I wish it came out a few more inches for my leg room
-price!

• Informative
Reactions: gbertsch
Ok after few more days of driving the car, Im going to take back what I said. I think it honestly needed to be broken in a bit. the sound system is getting better and better, the seat is becoming more comfortable
Weird, but Ill take it!
On mine the sound system must have been adjusted for a factory floor rave or sideshow. The bass was too strong and thumping for my 60-year-old ears and no high-end. Darn kids get off my lawn and out of my X!!

Last edited: