Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had this same issue and brought my ‘22 MYP in for service for this issue last week. SC replaced the MCU, car is still under 38k miles. I asked if it was out of warranty if I would be responsible for this issue and SC said yes, cost of $2700. I’m back today because the issue came back. Downloaded firmware 2023.44.1 last night.

Anyone running 2023.44.1 having this issue?

Having the same issue starting on 12/3. Cameras not working, gps not working. Also noticed that my display at 9:30 AM in broad daylight is staying on dark mode when on auto. The dimming side mirrors is also turned on in daytime. Seems like some sensor issue. Service appointment on 12/7

Tesla's only guidance is to wait an unspecified amount of time until they issue a fix via a firmware update. I have scheduled a follow up call with them this week where I will be seeking a better ETA for resolution.
I spoke with Tesla service advisor about this issue yesterday. They asked if the latest firmware had any impact on the symptoms, which I replied that it did not. They said that there are similar issues affecting some model 3 and model y cars that do have bad hardware, but they can determine from remote diagnostics if there is a hardware or software issue and that my hardware is fine. They don't have any ETA on when these issues will be resolved by software, only saying it affected "many" model 3 and model y with "the latest autopilot computer", but when asked for a number of cars they weren't able to provide that information. The only guidance was to wait for the next software update and if that doesn't resolve the issue, record datetime of issue(s) reoccurring along with video of the issues as they happen and submit another service request.

Having the same issue starting on 12/3. Cameras not working, gps not working. Also noticed that my display at 9:30 AM in broad daylight is staying on dark mode when on auto. The dimming side mirrors is also turned on in daytime. Seems like some sensor issue. Service appointment on 12/7
Mine does this also, was almost impossible to see the screen. Seems to be correlated with when there are no cameras working, including no front camera. I assume it uses the camera to determine how bright it is outside and with no input, it can't make a correct decision. Although I'm surprised a default wouldn't be full brightness. I also find that my headlights are cycling on and off when in auto mode when the cameras are not working. For the screen brightness issue, a 2 thumb reboot has corrected that issue for me temporarily.

I dropped my 23 MYP off yesterday at a SC for this issue. Was told that this is a known issue, and is related to the "firmware." They kept that car overnight with the plan to reinstall the firmware, and that shoudl fix the problem. He was confident it was not a hardware issue. We'll see.

They did give me a loaner, so not a great ordeal so far.

I dropped my 23 MYP off yesterday at a SC for this issue. Was told that this is a known issue, and is related to the "firmware." They kept that car overnight with the plan to reinstall the firmware, and that shoudl fix the problem. He was confident it was not a hardware issue. We'll see.

They did give me a loaner, so not a great ordeal so far.
fingers crossed

I picked up my MYP yesterday afternoon, and the problem appears fixed (for now?). Getting info about what they did is not easy, and the best I can tell, it was all software related. No hardware was replaced. I am now also running 2023.44.1.

Had this same issue and brought my ‘22 MYP in for service for this issue last week. SC replaced the MCU, car is still under 38k miles. I asked if it was out of warranty if I would be responsible for this issue and SC said yes, cost of $2700. I’m back today because the issue came back. Downloaded firmware 2023.44.1 last night.

Anyone running 2023.44.1 having this issue?
Do you have HW4 or HW3?

Having the same issues in my 23' MYLR with HW4, 5000 miles when updated to 38.9 on 11/27. Tesla canceled my mobile service and rescheduled to SC 12/15. Very interested to learn if this is really wide spread issues, I don't see much searching in the internet. So flustrated.

Having the same issues in my 23' MYLR with HW4, 5000 miles when updated to 38.9 on 11/27. Tesla canceled my mobile service and rescheduled to SC 12/15. Very interested to learn if this is really wide spread issues, I don't see much searching in the internet. So flustrated.
My issues haven't been present the last few days and I was having the failures every day before 2023.44.1. However, my problem didn't immediately go away after the upgrade to 2023.44.1. It was the next day or 2 when issues stopped. So could be coincidence? If you set your car to the more aggressive software update channel, you may get 2023.44.1 and see if your issue improve.

Anyone driving at night in rural areas (moonlight only) or in the rain seeing indications for the cameras coming up on the screen as being blocked while driving (can’t remember the exact wording of the warning right now). It’s been happening cameras in the pillars on both sides.

My issues haven't been present the last few days and I was having the failures every day before 2023.44.1. However, my problem didn't immediately go away after the upgrade to 2023.44.1. It was the next day or 2 when issues stopped. So could be coincidence? If you set your car to the more aggressive software update channel, you may get 2023.44.1 and see if your issue improve.
Spoke too soon. Last night, all the issues returned. Stuck GPS, no cameras, screen stuck on full brightness, etc.

Spoke too soon. Last night, all the issues returned. Stuck GPS, no cameras, screen stuck on full brightness, etc.
Did you have the sentry mode ON all the time? I wonder if it goes to sleep, the problem will come back... I hope they are not going to reschedule my SC appointment this Friday.. Hope they can switch the FSD computer and solve the problem.