Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Chevy Blazer EV: Up to 320 mile range, MSRP between $45-$66k, plus a “Police Pursuit” model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the Bolt EUV is new for this year but yeah its still largely the same platform. They still have surprisingly high interest for having such a high-profile recall.
If I were cheap and still wanted an EV, I’d likely put my money on a Bolt. I believe a car maker becomes better following a recall as they learn from experience and try to minimize chances of another expensive recall. The Bolt, being an EV, would save the owner a lot of money in the long run. If you get 100k miles out of this car, you will save close to the car’s worth in fuel cost alone. Add to that the other advantages of an EV and the Bolt is a very attractive option for replacing an ICE car.

I have never understood why larger wheels are somehow considered ‘better’ wheels (by some). I would like the RS version with 19” wheels, I that were possible.

Me either. In every car I've test driven the larger wheels had worse ride quality. I think it's a bling or status thing or something, but I've always chosen the smaller wheels available when buying a car because to me they always felt the best on the road.

If I were cheap and still wanted an EV, I’d likely put my money on a Bolt. I believe a car maker becomes better following a recall as they learn from experience and try to minimize chances of another expensive recall. The Bolt, being an EV, would save the owner a lot of money in the long run. If you get 100k miles out of this car, you will save close to the car’s worth in fuel cost alone. Add to that the other advantages of an EV and the Bolt is a very attractive option for replacing an ICE car.
The problem was caused by a quality control issue at one of LG Chem’s production line.

Unfortunately, that production line just happens to be for the batteries used in the Chevy Bolt.

LG Chem paid for the recall, not GM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tensorflow
Right. Even the Bolt EV (with probably the worst EV recall in recent memory) is expected to rebound to record sales. That has a max charging speed of 55KW (less than a third of the Blazer EV) and was still practically sold out prior to the stop-sale.
Not even close to being sold out in my experience. In June of 2020 there was a dealer that was practically giving away Bolt Premier models, they had three on the lot. Stickered at $42K and they would have taken $27K for the thing, and my wife was all set to go for it until the test drive, it felt plastic and cheap all over compared to the used 2015 S I was driving at the time (which had nice real leather inside, unlike my current M3P.)

My wife is interested in the upcoming Equinox EV but not the Blazer EV.

It's also not an apples to apples comparison you picked. The Model Y listed is AWD with longer range than any of the cars you listed. The prices you gave were all for the lowest trim versions, with shorter range, single axel drive, etc.
Pretty sure the Model Y doesn’t have longer range…EPA “range” doesn’t mean much. In real world driving a couple of cars on that list match or beat the Y’s range thus I wouldn’t tout that aspect much in these (senseless IMO) comparisons.

Pretty sure the Model Y doesn’t have longer range…EPA “range” doesn’t mean much. In real world driving a couple of cars on that list match or beat the Y’s range thus I wouldn’t tout that aspect much in these (senseless IMO) comparisons.
Yup

By the time the dealership does their markups and BS fees, the top trim model will be more expensive than a Tesla model Y. Definite nope.
Almost anyone looking to buy a high end EV will be getting a Tesla. This product is designed for an entirely different market segment, people who want to pay half as much for a car that’s half as good.