Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model Y LR- Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Owner, First Post. I just purchased my first 2024 MY LR, 20” wheels. When charging to the everyday suggested limit of 80% I’m showing only 230 miles. I have a family member with the same car, 2023, 19” wheels showing 260 mi at 80%. What could be the difference?? Thanks for any comments.

Two things, the tire/wheel package impacts range, and the MILES number with the battery ICON you see is a math formula that takes the pack's VOLTAGE and multiples it by a fixed value. So it's measuring battery degradation. The energy graph is a better source for real-world range, not the battery ICON.

Reactions: RoiDuNord
Two things, the tire/wheel package impacts range, and the MILES number with the battery ICON you see is a math formula that takes the pack's VOLTAGE and multiples it by a fixed value. So it's measuring battery degradation. The energy graph is a better source for real-world range, not the battery ICON.
Tom,

As stated above it depends on the wheels a lot and also Tesla did an EPA update to the 2024 Model Y's to more accurately show real world mileage. Having had a 2021 and now a 2024 Model Y I can tell you that you will be getting the same milage as your friend if you drove side by side until empty with the same wheels of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: TomServo