Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model Y Performance lead time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dublin, California, Tesla said my MYP is still in limbo.
this message was sent 2/29/2024

IMG_2041.jpeg

My rep just said that he'd not heard of the hold being lifted (though he wasn't sure and was going to check). I wonder if the person's text from yesterday -- the one saying that the EPA has shoved-off -- was related to a non-MYP model, one which cleared the EPA a while ago.

Also, I find it odd that such a major roadblock (sorry about the pun) lives within the Tesla corporation so ethereally. My rep didn't know about the hold until several days after it began, and he was selling cars and telling people that it could deliver ASAP. And now he doesn't know the status of the hold and seems to have to struggle to get answers? In my corporate experience, such things are made obvious at the beginning of every day via announcements and/or meetings.

• I saw a reddit person actually take delivery of a Model Y Performance yesterday (he even included pictures) but I'm also skeptical that the EPA ban has lifted for the MYP.
  • The reason I believe this is because if you look on the Tesla website; The model S now has Range (EPA est.) for both models so it seems like the Model S got its certification back, but the Model Y page still has the LR saying Range (EPA est.) while the Model Y Performance page still just says Range (est.)

So I'm not sure what to think, because those 2 pieces of evidence are at odds with each other.

Reactions: NCRiderSW
  • I saw a reddit person actually take delivery of a Model Y Performance yesterday (he even included pictures) but I'm also skeptical that the EPA ban has lifted for the MYP.
  • The reason I believe this is because if you look on the Tesla website; The model S now has Range (EPA est.) for both models so it seems like the Model S got its certification back, but the Model Y page still has the LR saying Range (EPA est.) while the Model Y Performance page still just says Range (est.)

So I'm not sure what to think, because those 2 pieces of evidence are at odds with each other.
If it's the same post I saw, it was a used one.

Very observant on that Model Y Performance saying (est.) vs EPA est. (Ordered MYP a month ago; pending delivery "soon" I hope. I know the range is less than LR - not sure what the problem with the EPA is with holding these cars up.

They're not being honest which is frustrating.

Everyday we all check out our app only to see the delivery date range pushed back another day.
It's possible that the EPA containment has been lifted but Telsa isn't yet ready to deliver the car. Consider how many backorders they must have at this point. I don't know where mine is in the list but it's not near the top. The fact that my app keeps showing a delay is reflective of that queue of MYPs sold before mine.

Yep. It would be nice if they would communicate with the affected customers instead of leaving us in the dark to spread the word amongst ourselves.
I strongly agree. Regardless of the status, some sort of reassuring updates would go a long way. I'd asked my rep about the hold last week and still haven't heard back. Communication has not been Tesla dealers' strong suit in my limited experience.

My MYP has been done and sitting stored god knows where for atleast 3 weeks. I was concerned with the charge state that my car has being stored at (too low or too high). I contacted my rep and they said they constantly monitor the batteries during the EPA hold, and that mine is currently at 77%. Hoping this hold gets lifted in two days like they said it would.

Reactions: elambo
I talked to delivery customer support. They said that the EPA containment is still active, still expected to be lifted on the 8th, and that they are beginning to make *tentative* delivery appointments for customers. I grabbed a time. This isn't a guarantee that the cars will be available, of course.

Also, I just checked the app and it finally allows me to issue the final payment, moving the process along from where it's been stalled for two weeks. The app also now shows that tentative delivery date instead of the week-long window.

My MYP has been done and sitting stored god knows where for atleast 3 weeks. I was concerned with the charge state that my car has being stored at (too low or too high). I contacted my rep and they said they constantly monitor the batteries during the EPA hold, and that mine is currently at 77%. Hoping this hold gets lifted in two days like they said it would.
If you don't mind, how do you know that your car is done? (I am wondering if their a way to find this out by using a "more advanced" VIN tool.)

In the same boat, (ordered Feb 3rd), and am excited to get my MYP. Talked to my Rep, who's responsive and nice, but ... "in transit" is kinda generic -- would prefer "on a truck headed to your area by date X."

I talked to delivery customer support. They said that the EPA containment is still active, still expected to be lifted on the 8th, and that they are beginning to make *tentative* delivery appointments for customers. I grabbed a time. This isn't a guarantee that the cars will be available, of course.

Also, I just checked the app and it finally allows me to issue the final payment, moving the process along from where it's been stalled for two weeks. The app also now shows that tentative delivery date instead of the week-long window.
So you're locked and loaded for pickup? Per what your Rep said re: EPA containment possibly lifting on the 8th, if your date is after that, you may be golden. Interested to see if that holds up for you. (I'm on the range of dates between the 8th and 17th.)

So you're locked and loaded for pickup? Per what your Rep said re: EPA containment possibly lifting on the 8th, if your date is after that, you may be golden. Interested to see if that holds up for you. (I'm on the range of dates between the 8th and 17th.)
Not necessarily locked, because anything could happen at this point, but I'm on the schedule for a delivery. I do hope it holds. And the fact that I was able to submit the final payment is one more step in the right direction, and one less thing to get mixed-up and cause further delay on delivery day.

I hope you get similar good news soon.

Not necessarily locked, because anything could happen at this point, but I'm on the schedule for a delivery. I do hope it holds. And the fact that I was able to submit the final payment is one more step in the right direction, and one less thing to get mixed-up and cause further delay on delivery day.

I hope you get similar good news soon.
If you have a delivery appointment, you can submit the down payment. In the short time frame a week and a half ago when I had an appointment before they texted and said the EPA was an issue, I submitted down payment. So yes, I've paid for a car they haven't delivered and aren't technically supposed to sell yet. I'm kinda stupid like that XD

Hopefully we all get ours starting tomorrow would be nice, I'm not quite holding my breath yet though.

Reactions: NCRiderSW
If you don't mind, how do you know that your car is done? (I am wondering if their a way to find this out by using a "more advanced" VIN tool.)

In the same boat, (ordered Feb 3rd), and am excited to get my MYP. Talked to my Rep, who's responsive and nice, but ... "in transit" is kinda generic -- would prefer "on a truck headed to your area by date X."
My Y has had a vin for over a month now and my rep has confirmed it is done and being stored at 77% battery. I live right by the Fremont factory.