Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 steering wheel retrofit option with center horn?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current EPC has this listed for the round wheel now:
ROUND STEERING WHEEL - MECHANICAL HORN
Steering Wheel 1965073-00-A must be installed with steering wheel DAB 1965183-00-A. Firmware update required.

Perhaps new orders of the wheel retrofit will use that wheel?

I tried requesting the new version as a replacement when my left turn signal stopped working intermittently, but the generated estimate still used the old part number. Messaged service and at first they didn’t even know what I was talking about, insisting that there was only one version of the wheel and mechanical horns are only available on the 3/Y. After a bit of back and forth, they acknowledged that the new part number was in the system, but not available yet with no ETA.

• Informative
Reactions: NarTaX
Anyone here have a business account with Tesla? Can you see if those parts are orderable? I tried putting some BS information in the business account application, but I guess they do actually validate stuff so I couldn't get the account

So I posted a few days ago about the steering wheel retrofit being out of stock. Now the listing is removed altogether. I have to believe that they’re adding the horn retrofit option soon with that gone.

Reactions: dsm363
So I posted a few days ago about the steering wheel retrofit being out of stock. Now the listing is removed altogether. I have to believe that they’re adding the horn retrofit option soon with that gone.
You mean the old (original) version is no longer in stock and only one you can order is center horn version? That's good news.

You mean the old (original) version is no longer in stock and only one you can order is center horn version? That's good news.
Well the yoke to wheel retrofit has been removed from the store altogether. It was showing as out of stock for the last week or so. They're probably gearing up to offer the horn retrofit (and maybe just give you the option of wheel vs yoke at the time of purchase)

Well the yoke to wheel retrofit has been removed from the store altogether. It was showing as out of stock for the last week or so. They're probably gearing up to offer the horn retrofit (and maybe just give you the option of wheel vs yoke at the time of purchase)
I contacted a tech I know and he's looking into Model S retrofit. I'd assume it's possible for a fee of course.

Anyone here have a business account with Tesla? Can you see if those parts are orderable? I tried putting some BS information in the business account application, but I guess they do actually validate stuff so I couldn't get the account

The parts are listed as OTC. I've ordered many parts from Tesla without issue including control arms, air springs, FWD struts, lighted vanity mirrors, etc.

Has anyone been able to confirm if it will be available for retrofit?

Just went in to double check only to find that the airbag and wheel/yoke for the S/X have been entirely removed. They still show up in the part diagram but their corresponding diagram numbers have been removed from the list. Last week there were two part numbers for each yoke, wheel, and airbag. Now the list just skips them.

Just went in to double check only to find that the airbag and wheel/yoke for the S/X have been entirely removed. They still show up in the part diagram but their corresponding diagram numbers have been removed from the list. Last week there were two part numbers for each yoke, wheel, and airbag. Now the list just skips them.
Thanks. I assume if they ever offer it, it won't be for awhile and won't be cheap.

The airbag part numbers are still there in the airbag section, but yeah the steering wheel and yoke are gone altogehter.

Wonder what they'd do for a car that legitimately needs a new steering wheel

Wonder what they'd do for a car that legitimately needs a new steering wheel

The old parts are still available. I had a yoke replaced with a wheel 3 days ago (for free in warranty). They only had the old style wheel without the center horn but I didn't wanna push it by waiting and possibly needing to pay the $700.

Curious if this is why the yoke replacements for worn vinyl have been delayed. They may be just upgrading to the center horn version?
Most likely. The one picture we have of a new yoke shows actually stitched on faux-leather like the wheel instead of whatever they did for the old style

1707851114679.png

vs

1707851149540.png

The new parts are showing in the EPC again. Both showing as restricted. Already seem to be at a "B" revision (previously they were "A" part numbers)