Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Ys 10% off already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has increased incentives or otherwise lowered prices at the end of almost every quarter for years now. The auto market globally is softening faster than a popsicle in Phoenix in July. Yet you claim it’s “unlikely” that incentives will continue to increase. That doesn’t match up any past experience or current observed reality.

Yep, Also tech layoffs will affect TSLA more than most: Why widespread tech layoffs keep happening despite a strong U.S. economy

I hate to repeat again. Tesla has switched over to 4680 cell battery pack for MY manufactured at Giga Austin plant and yes they are LFP. Please see above to my previous post from insideevs that will confirm this. The info I am giving was confirmed by Tesla reps at the service center. Some people think they know better or more than people who work for Tesla. I am not disputing that but merely presenting evidence that shows who may be wrong!
FALSE
The only MY variant that used 4680 batteries is the MY-AWD. The ONLY one. EVER.
The MY-AWD is only manufactured in Austin. But MYLR with 2170 cells is ALSO manufactured in Austin.
4680 chemistry is NOT LFP and never will be. The 4680 dry film manufacturing process cannot utilize that chemistry.

The MYLR variant continues to use Panasonic 2170 cells.
The MY-RWD variant uses LiFePO (lithium ion iron phosphate) that may be China sourced, and the Fed Tax Credit reflects that by reducing the credit available.
The MY-RWD variant is manufactured in Fremont. I am not personally aware it's being made in Austin, but it could be.