Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Ys 10% off already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought the 2023. Will be trading in my 2019 M3 with 99,958 miles (will actually hit 100,000 on my way home tonight.) Transferring my FSD. Getting Massachusetts $3500 EV rebate. Hopefully I get the federal credit as well. VERY PSYCHED.
Remember how psyched you are the next time Tesla drops the prices. I don't want to see you in the End-of-Quarter threads complaining that Tesla owes you $5k because you didn't wait to see what EoQ incentives were going to be before buying.

In for the same thing, tracking local inventory prices and ready to transfer FSD. Won't be doing it otherwise.
Yeah, the inventory discount along with FSD transfer is huge. I would never buy FSD again at $12k. But after all these years of having the auto lane changing, I feel like EAP is a must, so that saves me $6k. Along with the Massachusetts and Fed incentives, that's basically a $22 to $28K savings which is pretty awesome. (And there's always the hope that FSD actually becomes more useful.) For me, the monthly payments vs. my 2019 M3 stay the same, despite significant inflation and a bigger, and higher tier model car. Just too hard to pass up, as much as I do love my M3.

Others have said that the free Supercharging transfer that is back for this quarter only applies to full price vehicles. Is the FSD transfer eligible for discounted inventory vehicles?
I certainly assume so. I'm about to be finishing up the process of my FSD transfer and trade-in, and no one has said that my $4k discounted inventory MY is not eligible. Thanks for flagging this concern though! I will text the sales people about that.

I certainly assume so. I'm about to be finishing up the process of my FSD transfer and trade-in, and no one has said that my $4k discounted inventory MY is not eligible. Thanks for flagging this concern though! I will text the sales people about that.
I took the plunge and ordered an inventory car as well. I've got a series of questions but the Tesla Advisor texts and in app messaging have all gone radio silent now. They're still happy to send automated responses though.

I had the reverse problem, I wanted the X but she hated it and wanted the Y. The $30k price difference clinched it :D
It's rare that we can stack so many things (FSD transfer, FUSC transfer, $1K CT discount, model end-cycle discounts, $7.5K federal incentive, $5k CO incentive...to go with a recent price discount (of this past year)) into one order. To be honest, getting a 2024 SG Model X for ~$66.5K (before tax) with FSD and FUSC is still decent.

It's rare that we can stack so many things (FSD transfer, FUSC transfer, $1K CT discount, model end-cycle discounts, $7.5K federal incentive, $5k CO incentive...to go with a recent price discount (of this past year)) into one order. To be honest, getting a 2024 SG Model X for ~$66.5K (before tax) with FSD and FUSC is still decent.
If you can stack all of those that's nuttier than squirrel turds. 🐿️

Attachments

• IMG_0064.gif
    IMG_0064.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I took the plunge and ordered an inventory car as well. I've got a series of questions but the Tesla Advisor texts and in app messaging have all gone radio silent now. They're still happy to send automated responses though.
I lost my mind on the phone with a Tesla rep yesterday. I had been texting them all day without any response. I’m trying to buy an expensive car and they’re treating it like I’m buying a $50 pair of headphones. I have all sorts of questions, and they’re not responding.

This one guy called me and I was admittedly agitated. He told me to “calm down.“ I freaked out on him. I don’t need them to tell me to calm down. And I wasn’t that mad to begin with just agitated that nobody is responding to me when I’m trying to buy a damn car from them!

What a terrible sales experience this has been over the last few days. And now Tesla is lowballing me on the trade-in by a couple thousand dollars, which I’m also furious about. Really negative taste in my mouth right now.

• Informative
Reactions: mborkow
This one guy called me and I was admittedly agitated. He told me to “calm down.“ I freaked out on him.
That’s a shitty salesperson. He needs to have techniques to get you to calm down without issuing an imperative command to do so. I’d have tore him a new asshole and then demanded to speak with his manager to whom I’d have politely explained that point! All their calls are recorded and graded. Next time, make sure they get a shitty grade!

• Disagree
Reactions: dansev and evo9rs
I lost my mind on the phone with a Tesla rep yesterday. I had been texting them all day without any response. I’m trying to buy an expensive car and they’re treating it like I’m buying a $50 pair of headphones. I have all sorts of questions, and they’re not responding.

This one guy called me and I was admittedly agitated. He told me to “calm down.“ I freaked out on him. I don’t need them to tell me to calm down. And I wasn’t that mad to begin with just agitated that nobody is responding to me when I’m trying to buy a damn car from them!

What a terrible sales experience this has been over the last few days. And now Tesla is lowballing me on the trade-in by a couple thousand dollars, which I’m also furious about. Really negative taste in my mouth right now.
I'm impressed that you got to talk to someone. I finally got an email asking for my contact number last night.
It's the same number they've been texting with me for the last two years and all the automated messages are appearing fine in the Tesla app.
My delivery date is next Thursday and so far that email is only contact (with a person) I've had.

That’s a shitty salesperson. He needs to have techniques to get you to calm down without issuing an imperative command to do so. I’d have tore him a new asshole and then demanded to speak with his manager to whom I’d have politely explained that point! All their calls are recorded and graded. Next time, make sure they get a shitty grade!
I take a different view. Customer service folks are human like the rest of us and don't have anything to do with how systems work, any delivery delays or if it's cloudy outside. So getting mad at them just gets you nowhere and makes them feel mad at you for not having better control of yourself.
These guys are the ones who might be able to help you, so "tearing them a new one" just makes them significantly less likely to try help you and much more likely to do the bare minimum to get rid you. Its also usually logged in your customer profile as being abusive.
In the modern world, entitled, abusive customers are not tolerated.

Reactions: ucmndd and KJD