Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Ys 10% off already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, that's quite the interesting spin. They are literally called "Sales Advisors" and their actual job is to sell cars. But they're not technically sales people? šŸ˜‚
That is correct. The sales advisors are not there to sell cars. Tesla sells cars directly to consumers. The advisor is there to answer questions. They do not get paid a commission for selling a car. Its may be construed as a spin but that is their model of business which is different from other auto makers who now try to emulate that.

I had a 2024 MYP on order for Feb/March delivery and kept getting messages to get my Y faster by taking delivery on inventory models instead around the last week of January. I looked and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that MYLR in my area were 10% off. So I switched my order to a MYLR that was $52,990 MSRP and which came with a $5,300 discount instead. Also, I got it with the $7,500 Federal incentive PLUS qualified for my local state of MA's $3,500 incentive as well since the car was under $55,000 MSPR (which my original MYP exceeded and wouldn't have qualified for). That's a massive $16,300 discount when all was said and done! So I paid $36,690 before destination, taxes and fees. Absolutely insane!

Those discounts quickly disappeared the week after. Now that exact same car is getting a 5% discount at best from inventory. Timing sure is everything. I happily gave up my MYP order for a significant discount as that car was full sticker and would not have qualified for my state $3,500 incentive. The MYP would have costed me $8,800 more vs the highly discounted MYLR. That delta was too much for me and I have no regrets switching my order.
And for $2,000 you can get the acceleration boost to kind of get you closer to the MYP performance.

Iā€™m in Mass. too. I got basically the same deal as you. Hard to pass up if you are in the market!

Reactions: Tezla041 and dsc888
And for $2,000 you can get the acceleration boost to kind of get you closer to the MYP performance.

Iā€™m in Mass. too. I got basically the same deal as you. Hard to pass up if you are in the market!
Well done! Yeah, you just have to pull the trigger when the deal looks right for you. Glad we both scored such a fantastic deal. I paid $51,500 for my Model 3 LR back in 3/2021 before the crazy price hikes and I thought that was a deal back then.

And yeah, I got Acceleration Boost before I took the car off the Tesla lot! Being a previous owner, I also got the 10,000 points with my purchase and AB was 9,000 points. So I used my loyalty points and upgraded the Y before I even drove it away. I paid the full $2,000 for it on my 3 and enjoyed every bit of it for the past 3 years with 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. AB brings the car to the same 4.2 seconds as my 3 before the upgrade. That's as fast a BMW X3 M40i which I used to drool over. Of note, the Y's accelerate is a bit more "tame" even with AB vs the 3. Initial throttle tip in is much less aggressive. My guess is that Tesla tunes the Y to be less "violent" off the line than the 3 being that it's more of a family hauler.

Nothing to laugh about really! Everything depends on supply. If Tesla has sold enough for the quarter you will not see the incentives. You have to realize that they are very much different from legacy auto makers.
Tesla has increased incentives or otherwise lowered prices at the end of almost every quarter for years now. The auto market globally is softening faster than a popsicle in Phoenix in July. Yet you claim itā€™s ā€œunlikelyā€ that incentives will continue to increase. That doesnā€™t match up any past experience or current observed reality.

That is correct. The sales advisors are not there to sell cars.
This is precisely what theyā€™re there for and what theyā€™re hired to do. Semantics about DTC and commission are completely irrelevant. They are sales people, hired to sell cars.

Tesla has increased incentives or otherwise lowered prices at the end of almost every quarter for years now. The auto market globally is softening faster than a popsicle in Phoenix in July. Yet you claim itā€™s ā€œunlikelyā€ that incentives will continue to increase. That doesnā€™t match up any past experience or current observed reality.

This is precisely what theyā€™re there for and what theyā€™re hired to do. Semantics about DTC and commission are completely irrelevant. They are sales people, hired to sell cars.
I disagree. You buy Tesla on line. Everything else is irrelevant. I never bought a Tesla from a sales advisor. I simply bought it on line and any questions I had was answered by the advisor. They are hired by Tesla as employees and not as salesman. We can argue about the semantics until the cows come home but it is pointless.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dayreg and ucmndd
Makes good senseā€¦as disruptive entities such as Tesla enter a century-old automotive space to do as the incumbents do.
ABSOLUTLY. WHAT TESLA SHOULD DO IS BUILD ICE TOO.
After all, doing as the incumbents do will give us dealers, eliminate that pesky Supercharging network (sell it to ExxonMobil, so Tesla's obsolete EV's can charge in those wonderful petrol stations. The dealers will help so much with distribution too, especially with those invaluable 'dealer adds' and easy financing that they use as their biggest profit area.
/s

This statement isn't based in reality.
FSD already has been in various places and for various models. I am now transferring mine from my Model S to a new Model Y. Several EU countries have had lifetime Supercharging transfers made. That is not for all models all the time, but it is a handy inducement for people to change timing of trade.

Everyone else publishes their incentives in Automotive News every week, where dealers all will read it. Tesla is less obnoxious about it.

Nothing to laugh about really! Everything depends on supply. If Tesla has sold enough for the quarter you will not see the incentives. You have to realize that they are very much different from legacy auto makers.

Certainly makes sense. I would observe they frequently tend to "overproduce" at the end of each quarter, in the sense that the factories keep churning out cars to the end of the quarter (short shutdowns are usually at the start of the next quarter) - and those made in the last few weeks can't get out to most parts of the world or country quickly enough. So a few years ago when they didn't have an inventory webpage per se, but you could still find inventory, there'd be EoQ discounts but more localized to say California.

So might still be the case that California and Texas and vicinity might still see EoQ inventory discounts even when the rest of the country does not...

Like I said we can keep arguing but it wont change anything.

Tesla does contact potential customers and previous customers for test drives/demo drives. They even offered it to me last time I was at a SC - if I wanted to test drive a new '23. Of course I did. But after that they weren't after me like a traditional car salesperson at a dealership. They even reached out to me to ask if I would be interested in a '23 via text message. I don't know if that person was at a SC or not, but they were at least in my country. Maybe it's part of the floor staff's role to contact customers or maybe it's some back-office person. I don't know.

I don't know if that person was at a SC or not, but they were at least in my country. Maybe it's part of the floor staff's role to contact customers or maybe it's some back-office person. I don't know.
They are sales advisors at local showrooms. You know, conducting sales activities, the primary function of their job. šŸ‘šŸ»

Just donā€™t call them salespeople, as Elon says Tesla doesnā€™t have those? šŸ˜‚

IMG_0266.jpeg

Reactions: DarrenHD
It's rare that we can stack so many things (FSD transfer, FUSC transfer, $1K CT discount, model end-cycle discounts, $7.5K federal incentive, $5k CO incentive...to go with a recent price discount (of this past year)) into one order. To be honest, getting a 2024 SG Model X for ~$66.5K (before tax) with FSD and FUSC is still decent.
Was the 5k co rebate a point of sale or at tax time?