Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Arachnids coming soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been posted before, but as I recall the Arachnids were never available to the public unless you received a certain amount of referrals, but I do see them now on the Tesla Gear website as coming soon.

Tesla — 21" Arachnid Wheel
They were previously listed for sale online before the referral program offered them as prizes but I can't recall if they were actually available for sale or "coming soon".

Tesla — Model S

upload_2017-2-7_23-6-30-png.213783

I don't know how I feel about those wheels, they just look large and a bit clunky for some reason to me. The turbines are just so good.
The Arachnid wheels are significantly lighter which is why Motor Trend used them for the recent testing of the P100D. I like the look but not the price obviously :)

There are a number of lightweight aftermarket options that make a significant improvement in handling and acceleration.

The Arachnid wheels are significantly lighter which is why Motor Trend used them for the recent testing of the P100D. I like the look but not the price obviously :)

There are a number of lightweight aftermarket options that make a significant improvement in handling and acceleration.

Oh I agree about the forged wheel benefits. I was speaking aesthetically. As a racer I know the value of unsprung weight on each corner and as an engineer I understand the value of it for range ha.

I don't like the price either so I guess I just need a bunch of people to use my code to buy Teslas

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I don't know how I feel about those wheels, they just look large and a bit clunky for some reason to me. The turbines are just so good.

Sorry, but these are ugly. Turbines are the best looking wheel Tesla offers. Audi and Porsche make the nicest wheel hands down. My subjective opinion is indisputable.

I Disagree ... the Arachnids are a well balanced design and look far better than the boy racer turbines :cool:

Elon also agrees ... ;)

Grey Arachnid wheels.jpg
Arachnid wheels Red.jpg
21” custom Arachnid wheels.PNG
Silver Arachnid wheels.jpg

Reactions: Maximapolak
I Disagree ... the Arachnids are a well balanced design and look far better than the boy racer turbines :cool:

Elon also agrees ... ;)

View attachment 213904 [View attachment 213907

Well Elon likely doesn't have to pay for them and he obviously likes the turbines as well or they would have never made it to the production line ;)

First picture they look good there, maybe just the silver gives me issue

Second quoted pic that jerk doesn't look like they have a hang tag or plates to be parking there!

and hey I am not a boy racer ... I am a man racer!:p:cool:

Well Elon likely doesn't have to pay for them and he obviously likes the turbines as well or they would have never made it to the production line ;)

First picture they look good there, maybe just the silver gives me issue

Second quoted pic that jerk doesn't look like they have a hang tag or plates to be parking there!

and hey I am not a boy racer ... I am a man racer!:p:cool:

The last photo is reportedly Elon's Model S ... :cool:

The owner of my Crossfit gym does the same thing with his Jeep. Not that anyone who is disabled is going to be going into a Crossfit gym, even still, the next spot over isn't a disabled spot. I've called him on it a few times, but he still does it (there are no other businesses around, it's exclusive parking for the gym).

And the same with Elon. That's the Hawthorne parking lot, I'm sure he knows there aren't more than X number of disabled people who need to park there.

But still, both are examples of really no class. Just because you're "the boss", you can park in a regular spot just like everyone else.

Maybe Steve Jobs could get away with it because he was a real ashhole, but that's not what we want to think of when we think of Elon Musk -- they guy who parks in handicap spots "because he can".

Reactions: CSFTN
Off topic but in our little town they will crucify you, just saw in the newspaper two police officers who parked on a disabled parking spot, and they are headline news.

I like this, sorry OT again, because police officers are not above the law. I think they should be sanctioned, fined, whatever when they do things and try to get away with it because they are cops