Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Uberturbines Square set up on a LR MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought another 21" uberturbine set and installed the rear once on my front so have now 4x 10.5" all around. they come with Pirelli Pzero elect pics tyres but want to swap them for Michelins. I'm going to test a 285/35r21. shoot be just enough clearance
Ohh curious to know as well if 285 would work in front! Please post when you do! Believe that size would also be cheaper I think.

So yesterday evening we tried putting a set of 285/35r21 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on there but could not even fit the wheel to the hub. It hit the knuckle and preventing from mounting the wheels, so back on the Pirelli 275/35r21. Could be a Michelin thing as I notice the Michelin side walls are very 90 degrees to the rim and the Pirelli's are more round. I really like the square 275's, the look. the handling and the extra comfort

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_0699.jpeg

This morning I experimented with the tyre pressure. Came to 40 PSI cold and the tyre heats up nicely all true the contact patch on the road so looks to be the correct one for the car/tyre. have been testing a lot in the past year.
IMG_0704.jpeg

IMG_0705.jpeg

I also now have a set of 4 pieces 9.5" with brand new Pirelli's maybe up for sale or might use them for winter tyres

IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0691.jpeg

And back again on the 10.5's.
They are way more comfortable and not as bouncy as the 9.5's with the 255 tires
Steering is sharper and more direct with the 10.5's and the looks with the 10.5's is better. more aggressive looking with a wider stands and the wheel arches better filled

• Informative
Reactions: TomB985
Just a heads up OP that I read somewhere that putting fatter tires and heavier wheels out front of the Tesla would cause premature wear and tear to the whole front steering assembly as obviously they are turning heftier wheel -tire combo.

I, too am using 275-wide tires but only during winter and they're paired with lighter 20" wheels so not too worried.

Just a heads up OP that I read somewhere that putting fatter tires and heavier wheels out front of the Tesla would cause premature wear and tear to the whole front steering assembly as obviously they are turning heftier wheel -tire combo.

I, too am using 275-wide tires but only during winter and they're paired with lighter 20" wheels so not too worried.
I might just stick with 275s but good point on steering assembly and hope it doesn't affect it that much from standard 255s they have from stock Performance.