Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

25k 2nd Year Service $750.. Wow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see the new 12V for MS for 135. 2003 Prius is north of 180, for smaller capacity. Only lasted a year in the Pruis.

I think as far as brakes, it depends on the climate. Never had the brake problems mentioned here in Socal. Hardest driven car over 24 YO and 450k miles, only three pad slaps, all orig rotors, never turned, never lubed caliper bolts as they are protected by boots and grease is present.

Just now starting to get slight vibrations on braking at slow speeds..

Next time I rotate my tires on the Tesla, will have a good look see at the brakes. Thanks for the tip.

SC checked them last year per their records, but who knows what they really did.

Also, perhaps Brembos are more prone to problems than JDM brakes that I am familiar with.

Tesla battery was $160 when I bought in August, $60 labor, am capable but for $60 delivery and installed in my driveway I let them. When it hit -26f here last month I bought batteries for my wife's Impala and my Sierra which were $105/100 for AC Delcos 36mo replacement.

Far as the brakes, the pad floats in the caliper, it is not the old school single piston caliper that floats on bolts which had bellows you are thinking of. The lube points are fully exposed to the environment. Most of the world is not SoCal.

No luck, They gave me an S75 loaner.

Consider yourself lucky. I typically get an ICE as a loaner, our local SC tells me repeatedly that they don't have Tesla loaners and never will so we just get whatever Enterprise Rental has handy. Last time it was a BMW X3 that smelled like crappy home grown weed.

In for my yearly service next week, will see what I get. Thankfully I had called the service number to have them add to my service appt because when I spoke to them they asked "do you need a loaner vehicle? Because it says here you don't" ... and I booked the service through the phone app ... so anyone using the phone app to book service, you might want to double check if you do need a loaner ...