Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

25k 2nd Year Service $750.. Wow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$750 is quite a bit and I would want an itemized list of things that signed off on. Brake fluid should be changed every two years as it is hygroscopic and you really don't want water in the lines to ruin the cylinders. However, a brake flush on a typical car can be done in 30 minutes on a driveway with $25 of fluid, PVC tubing, and a flare wrench. For $750, I would want a 150 point inspection and an evaluation on the battery pack and drive unit...but I rarely get what I want from auto servicers :)

$750 is quite a bit and I would want an itemized list of things that signed off on. Brake fluid should be changed every two years as it is hygroscopic and you really don't want water in the lines to ruin the cylinders. However, a brake flush on a typical car can be done in 30 minutes on a driveway with $25 of fluid, PVC tubing, and a flare wrench. For $750, I would want a 150 point inspection and an evaluation on the battery pack and drive unit...but I rarely get what I want from auto servicers :)

Here is the brake down:

Pulled logs and checked for active faults: No active faults
Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version
Performed function check of closures (moving glass, doors, trunks): Cleaned and lubricated latches.
Tested and inspected customer’s charge cable: Good, no issue (My charge cable is at home in garage)
Replaced:- Wiper Blades- Key Fob Battery
Checked operation of:- Remote Keyless Entry: Good, no issue-
Seat belts and latches: Good, no issue-
Interior/exterior lighting and horn: Good, no issue-
Performed inspection of powertrain and chassis components: Good, no issues.
Checked fluid levels:- Topped off washer fluid. -
Performed brake fluid flush on hydraulic brake system. Set fluid level to factory specifications.
Inspected brake and cooling systems for leaks. No signs of leakage.Performed Evac and Recharge of A/C
Inspected tires and rotated as necessary.- Measured tire tread depth (32nds) at: (Outer) (Center) (Inner)LF: 9/32 9/32 9/32RF:9/32 9/32 9/32LR: 9/32 9/32 9/32 RR: 9/32 9/32 9/32 - (Tires were replaced last month so this was not even needed)
Adjusted tire pressures to B-pillar spec: 45psi Front, 45psi Rear-
Measured brake pad thickness: (mm)LF: 8 RF: 8 LR: 8 RR: 8 Park:
Performed 4-wheel alignment check
Test drive: Vehicle functions as designed

Looks like I missed that they topped off my wiper fluid and replaced by key-fob battery.

• Funny
Reactions: PhilDavid
Hah. On my first annual they did an alignment. After the steering wheel was 15 degrees off when I drove out. No idea how they missed that. Took it back they corrected the problem, but it’s still off a bit. Coming up for the 2nd annual soon, maybe they’ll correct it. I had 2 of these inspections included when I bought the car btw. No way I’d pay that much for basically nothing.