Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello my TMC friends.

I wanted to share a post about taking my family on a 2824-mile road trip entirely using my Model S earlier this month:

http://tesla.dauger.com/roadtrip1608/

We visited National Parks (it is the centenary) and numerous points of interest in Utah, Arizona, and Colorado, like Monument Valley, Arches, Bryce, Zion, Antelope Canyon, Mesa Verde, Meteor Crater, and Canyonlands. I documented everything, including the planning and the execution of the trip, including the car and our family along the entire trip. We had a great time! The car and the charging infrastructure (both Supercharger and Destination Charging) performed flawlessly. Please enjoy!

I've updated my log of the trip with scans of the AAA map, a more extended introduction, a few more pictures, and other elements.

Before and immediately after the trip, most people I talk to can't imagine how I could do it, particularly "how do you know where to charge?". I am trying to use the pictures and the details so that the reader feels the reality of the trip, and therefore proving this all-electric solution works in the real world.

Now that my site is complete, I'm thinking about giving Tesla a call about this trip, to suggest that showing a beautiful scenic slower-paced trip like this (rather than race through harsh winter storms in 2014; that did not look fun) is a better way to convince the public to look forward to our all-electric future.

westMittenMonumentValley160808D.jpg

goldenWall160814fb.jpg

Reactions: bmah