Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2k FSD Upgrade for EAP Owners Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked my account and it's been updated to $2k. Not sure if I'm going to bite...
Screenshot_20190305-202353_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

Shows up for 2k in my account also.

I always felt they would change the price in a few days from their announcement and not next month. I think “next month” was referring to be able to add FSD from the phone app. Now you can only do it from you web account.

Not sure if I will bite either. Still feeling the sting from Tesla’s bite.:)

Yeah I’m not giving them more money right now. I feel like I’d prefer $1,000 in free supercharging or something. The car is $2250 (plus tax and interest fees) more expensive than what I bought it for six months ago when taking into account autopilot vs EAP cost.

I think they’re going to not get very many early reservations for the mode Y even if the demand ends up being high.

So are cars on the current software going to be able to recognize the new “bare bones” AP. Seems like there might need to be another software update to the cars since this is a new autopilot configuration that hasn’t been offered before.

Reactions: Cyclone
Not sure anyone who has paid $5000 for enhanced auto pilot would pay another $2000 for full self driving (total of $7000) knowing full well that if they had not paid anything originally, they could have both now for $5000 (AP for $2000 and FSD for $3000). Not sure why Tesla has priced it this way, but it sure is the source of a lot of hard feelings. Just doesn’t seem fair.

Not sure anyone who has paid $5000 for enhanced auto pilot would pay another $2000 for full self driving (total of $7000) knowing full well that if they had not paid anything originally, they could have both now for $5000 (AP for $2000 and FSD for $3000). Not sure why Tesla has priced it this way, but it sure is the source of a lot of hard feelings. Just doesn’t seem fair.

Not sure why this notorious cheapskate, doesn't feel bad about it:-0. Just forked over 2K!

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and N54TT
I still don't understand the logic behind being able to buy AP + FSD for only $5k. Unless that only applies to recent deliveries in order to prevent returns and doesn't apply for 2018 people who didn't buy EAP.

AP for $2k? makes perfect sense. that wasn't available when people bought the car and is close to the cost if you were to buy it now. Fine with that. Plus people lost money on the price drop, so this helps with that.

FSD for $2k if you have EAP? As someone who paid $3k for it that's annoying. But Elon claims I'll maybe get a refund. or at least early access to software updates. and that's <only> $1k. So while I am annoyed by it, eh whatever. Chalk it up to me being too believing of Tesla and it won't happen again.

But AP + FSD for $5k? So because someone in 2018 didn't pay anything at all they get what I have for $3k less? Or people on 2019 who paid less for the car than I did now get that as well? That worries me greatly. Is tesla that desperate for cash that they are willing to alienate everyone who already bought EAP and those who bought both like me in order to try and get an extra $3k from people who never bought before? Why not just make it $2k for AP and $5k for FSD if you didn't have EAP.

I did.
Life's not "exactly symmetric"

Last edited:
Reactions: tracksyde
I didn't know about the off menu option for FSD when I first bought the car so I only opted for EAP. I kicked myself once I realized that I would have to pay $5k for the upgrade post delivery instead of $3k. So when I saw the price go down to $3k on the first night, I got really excited and almost clicked the buy button, but as fate was in my side, the page updated and removed the option.

Since then, I've read through all the comments about the current state (or lack thereof) of FSD and the concerns of not knowing when or if hw3 would even be available to be retrofitted into my car, I'm going to hold off.

So in a way, Tesla inadvertently helped save me from buying vaporware twice. So thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.