Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$35,000 Model 3 SR is back! *

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well. Here are the current Chevy offers. Local Chevrolet Specials, Deals & Offers | Chevrolet Canada
They have discounts and offers almost all the time.

You're still buying from a dealer.

I don't really understand the defenders of the constant price shifting. So often we talk about how Tesla does things so differently, and Tesla 4 LYFE because "other companies don't get it." But when their pricing is all over the map, we just say - oh, well, other car companies do the same.

I don't have a problem with price shifting and adjustments, but with Tesla it feels like too much, too quickly. But if they need to do it to survive or please the shareholders, so be it.

• Funny
Reactions: mnevar
That "pre-delivery" SR+ upgrade price has got to be the cheapest Tesla has ever charged for an extra 20 miles of range. If both have autopilot, the difference between an SR and an SR+ is only $900.
My guess is that the SR+ will keep creeping towards $35K until the SR isn't needed in the lineup any more. Once they hit $38K, they can just let people subtract AP to get to $35K without calling it an SR.

Last edited:
Do you folks not have the SR- anymore? The one limited to like 90 miles of range just to qualify the SR+ for the federal rebate?

Yep. I think they eliminated SR for Canada somewhere in May. You could still order it through the store but not on the website. Then the new federal rebate came and Tesla has created the base model for $44.999 Canadian dollars with 150 km range, so the SR+ will be eligible for the rebate of $5,000, which you're getting as a discount right away.

LR models are not eligible for that rebate.

Yep. I think they eliminated SR for Canada somewhere in May. You could still order it through the store but not on the website. Then the new federal rebate came and Tesla has created the base model for $44.999 Canadian dollars with 150 km range, so the SR+ will be eligible for the rebate of $5,000, which you're getting as a discount right away.

LR models are not eligible for that rebate.

I had read on this forum that a couple of Canadians actually ordered the 150 km model. I have not heard any updates on whether any of them took delivery.

The SR, is currently $35K, the SR+ $38,990, a difference of $3,990. Upgrade from SR to SR+ is $4500. AP is $3K to add whether before or after purchase.

Or said another way, it’s $1,500 to upgrade SR to SR+ features, excluding the mandatory $3,000 AP feature-add. Essentially, you’re paying $1,500 for the non-AP features that come standard on SR+ (fog lights, range/acceleration/top speed, and I know I’m missing something else).

Well, the sales guy from Tesla were saying that it is possible to place the order for that 150 km base Model3 through the store, so this could be true )

There was a thread specific for it, in which several people said they ordered one. I asked for an update there so we'll see if any have actually taken delivery: Model 3 Standard Range (Canada) Range: 150km

Also yes, the SR is just a software locked SR+. No physical differences whatsoever.

Reactions: Kappelan