Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 surround view + HDMI kit testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Love
Reactions: KArnold
Can you give details descriptions on how to remove the side mirrors?

Is this instruction thorough enough?

Included Instructions are not enough. It took a bunch of google video watching and just figuring out what I could not google. This is the video I referenced for the side mirrors. It is how to disassemble them. The instructions included with the kit only reference where to drill the hole.

I agree with you. If you can find someone to do this for a reasonable price, or decide to tackle the project yourself I do not think you will be disappointed in the setup. I did not have much luck finding someone to install in San Diego either.

It isn't perfect, but it works very well. If you are interested, I've included an updated video where I added an alternate HDMI source from my iPhone/ipad. I don't really use the iPhone input that much, but the 360 camera systems is used daily.

Thanks for sharing! I'm so very jealous :)

With parking sensors not counting down below 10 inches, this would be so very useful for me and I bet a lot of others.

Someone could probably make a very nice business traveling around the country and installing this for people...

If you want some help troubleshooting let me know. It was a rough start for me, but after I got it figured out the kit has been reliable and easy to use. I can also appreciate it if you are just frustrated and moving on.

It’s very disappointing that bearbu sell a complicated kit like this...without clear DYI instruction or video.

Maybe people will stop buying so they will do completely installation write up

It’s very disappointing that bearbu sell a complicated kit like this...without clear DYI instruction or video.

Maybe people will stop buying so they will do completely installation write up

sorry for that as the installation is so complicated that we have been suggesting customer to make it with the workshop......

I actually have some scattered pics and videos clip from what I have been captured from the pro shop during the installation of the 360 system. I need some time to gather and edit for a more viewable and understand-able video

Currently this is the installation instruction in pdf format I have on hand

Attachments

• HD 360 user menu ENG.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 136
I do not believe there is a single source available for the install. I used BearBu's instructions and watched a bunch of youtube videos of people disassembling their cars for various reasons. What I could not find a video for I just figured out real time. It was not an easy install for me, but it was absolutely worth the effort in my opinion. I use the 360 system all the time. It really is nice to have.

I would say the sideview mirrors were the most challenging by far. There is a good video by a detailer in Colorado. I believe he disassembled a Model X sideview mirror. That is what I used for reference. On my Model S I could not figure out a way to route the camera wire without disassembling the sideview mirror.

Good luck!

Did you have a video or pictures of how you ran the cables for the mirror and front cameras.?

360 view is the biggest hardware deficiency with the car. I have to pull into a tight parking spot every day and the ultrasonics give up counting down at 10 inches so just when you need them the most, they just say "STOP."

I wish there was a straightforward way to get the 360 installed by someone who knows what they are doing...

I live just north of DC and know my way around cars and MS. I’d be willing to work together if you want to do our two cars together. Mines pre facelift though.

• Love
Reactions: DCEV
Did you have a video or pictures of how you ran the cables for the mirror and front cameras.?
So maybe I can chip in since I also have started installing Bearbu's 360 kit myself a couple weeks ago...
I'll answer for the front camera install part, since this is what I have completed so far.
Installing the front camera is actually not too hard. (as lowtech mentioned installing the side cameras is the most difficult). You can simply route (and hide) the 360 front camera cable on the passager's side under the different hood's rubber covers. If that can help, I mostly followed this youtube video to do my front camera install:
That youtube video is for a different camera kit but routing is the same... I passed my cable behind the rubber into the cabin as shown in the video around 11:30

So maybe I can chip in since I also have started installing Bearbu's 360 kit myself a couple weeks ago...
I'll answer for the front camera install part, since this is what I have completed so far.
Installing the front camera is actually not too hard. (as lowtech mentioned installing the side cameras is the most difficult). You can simply route (and hide) the 360 front camera cable on the passager's side under the different hood's rubber covers. If that can help, I mostly followed this youtube video to do my front camera install:
That youtube video is for a different camera kit but routing is the same... I passed my cable behind the rubber into the cabin as shown in the video around 11:30

Did you make a video of your install? :)

Did you make a video of your install? :)

No, but I'll try to share some pictures of my install once finished.
Since this it is quite a challenging project, my approach is to take my time to install it right
and adding one camera at a time.

BTW the 360 kit is very versatile and does not require all 4 cameras plugged in to work.

For the time being, I just have the front camera plugged in and this alone provides tremendous help for parking.

Thank again Bearbu for providing this amazing kit!

Serge

• Informative
Reactions: DCEV
Why does the instruction said to install the rear camera?

We already have a good wide OEM camera
That's true. I think they are several reasons for that:
For one, the Tesla rear camera is not compatible with the 360kit (different cable and electric signal used) and needs to remain connected at all times to the autopilot unit in order to keep autopilot functionality on your Tesla.
Also, the 360 kit uses 4 fisheye cameras, so the angle of view is not the same as with the rear camera.

Not saying it is impossible to use the existing rear camera in a kit, but may have presented too many technical challenges when it was developed...

Hi Wratran,
Yes, The 360kit depends on the HDMI interface to work. When you order it from Bearbu, you get both.

If you are just looking to add a front camera to your model S (and nothing else), you can look into Artsci's kit instead:
The front camera will show a reversed image, but it is a simpler and cheaper solution to install.

Here is a thread talking about both solutions:
Ultimate MCU Mods - Combining HDMI Input + Front Camera Kit