Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 surround view + HDMI kit testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I am very interested in this! I have a 2019 Performance Model X. I have a stereo shop that will install named Sonic Audio in Tualatin, Oregon. I posted about this on Fb in a forum I am part of and there is a lot of interest. Can you please reach out to me so I can purchase this?

I’m having a issue with when the car sits overnight the next morning my touchscreen will not work and tells me to reset the Tesla. If I unplug the 360 system from the obd and reset the car and plug it back in it works. This happens everyday. Anyway to fix this? Anyone else having this issue? This is on my 2020 model x

@BearBu @artsci @appleguru I have the 2012 Model S. I have what I think are most of the bits and parts. I think I need cameras and camera cables from BearBu for the 360 surround? I also have seen apple car play and wonder about what the ins and outs are of that and may incorporate that too and could use more info about it and if there are alternatives. Here are pictures of what I have so far... Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• 20200229_170508.jpg
    20200229_170508.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20200229_170712.jpg
    20200229_170712.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200229_171001.jpg
    20200229_171001.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
@BearBu @artsci @appleguru I have the 2012 Model S. I have what I think are most of the bits and parts. I think I need cameras and camera cables from BearBu for the 360 surround? I also have seen apple car play and wonder about what the ins and outs are of that and may incorporate that too and could use more info about it and if there are alternatives. Here are pictures of what I have so far... Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Those are the bits you need for the camera switcher; the 360 surround kit requires different things; the primary of which is an HDMI interface that BearBu makes.

Guys - I just had the MCU2 upgrade. What's interesting now is the 360-view system is working fine - but I cannot get back to the Tesla backup camera. It's just solid black when I try to switch to it. Did they perhaps unplug something? Any ideas where to look?

Thank you.

Rather than the MCU display, is there a way to output the 360 system video to a separate tablet that can be installed just below the MCU? This way there's no interference with the MCU and the tablet mounted below hte MCU can be used for the 360 display as well as running Waze and other purposes.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
Rather than the MCU display, is there a way to output the 360 system video to a separate tablet that can be installed just below the MCU? This way there's no interference with the MCU and the tablet mounted below hte MCU can be used for the 360 display as well as running Waze and other purposes.

The 360 system outputs hdmi. A monitor with a hdmi input would work.

The 360 system outputs hdmi. A monitor with a hdmi input would work.

If I ever get this, this is the route I will take. I'm really not comfortable with messing with anything going into the MCU, especially considering some of the concerns I hear about the touchscreen not working or having a black screen and needing to reboot.

There's plenty of space to professionally mount an Android tablet just below the MCU display and imagine being able to run Waze and the 360 view there any time you want independently with no issues or drama.

Model 3 customers will be also tempted to buy such a solution as it essentially gives you full Android functionality and 360 view in the car.

• Disagree
Woah wait. Why get MCU2 if you can get apple carplay to work. Found my next project!

Exactly. Someone should figure out how to do this and offer it as a product for everyone else to buy.

Imagine setting up something like this by having it professionally installed just below the MCU display. No more whining about not having Android Auto, etc., because it runs native Android, we get Waze in the car along with all the other Android apps and the 360 view can connect directly to this monitor so you have a nice clean view of the 360 view and cameras whenever you want with zero interference and issues with the MCU.

Honestly I feel this 360 view product should have been bundled with a monitor running Android to be installed just below the MCU display from the beginning. People will buy this solution just to be able to run Android cleanly on a display just below the MCU and being able to switch to 360 view easily makes it even better.

https://www.amazon.com/Headrest-192...oid+Tablet+"HDMI+input"&qid=1593537992&sr=8-3

Someone figure this out and take my money! :D

Yes there is you do not need the unit that merges the video on to the CID/MCU. I ordered a HDMI cable and the folowing display.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HMW3C7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes there is you do not need the unit that merges the video on to the CID/MCU. I ordered a HDMI cable and the folowing display.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HMW3C7P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is for just a screen, right?

I think what's best is to use an Android tablet with HDMI input capabilities so you can use it for 360 view but also for Waze and running and other Android app you want in the car.

If I could have Waze and 360 view in a separate Android tablet mounted just below the MCU, it would address my two biggest deficiencies with the existing software.

• Disagree