Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mats got pretty dirty from a beach trip earlier this week. I just took them out of the car, shook them a bit and sprayed them with a hose to clean them off. They look brand new again. The Model 3 should come with these things standard.
I am a little confused about the cleaning potential. The video a few pages back showed some really dirty beige ones.... And don't these mats have fibers? Yet you hosed them down. Does the fibrous nature of these matts make them hard to clean? I really think your beach trip would have been hard to clean up because of this.

I am a little confused about the cleaning potential. The video a few pages back showed some really dirty beige ones.... And don't these mats have fibers? Yet you hosed them down. Does the fibrous nature of these matts make them hard to clean? I really think your beach trip would have been hard to clean up because of this.

The surface of the rubber is textured to give it a fiber like appearance. The Kagu all weather floor mats are all rubber on the surface and can be easily cleaned off by just spraying them down with a hose.

• Informative
Reactions: Emmexx1
Boom i found the 3D MAXpiders on Amazon! https://amzn.to/2JHXxJt

I have them on my S and was holding out for the 3!
71ZphImMsKL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I realize that the fitted Weathertech matts are not available yet, and after reading this thread I think that the consensus is that the Maxpider matts are going to be the better choice anyway? I think the Weathertech rubber look is not appealing to me and I don't need tons of all weather protection (ie snow) since I am in Southern California. My only hesitation is the $200. Anyone think that these won't be the best choice for the next year or so?

I realize that the fitted Weathertech matts are not available yet, and after reading this thread I think that the consensus is that the Maxpider matts are going to be the better choice anyway? I think the Weathertech rubber look is not appealing to me and I don't need tons of all weather protection (ie snow) since I am in Southern California. My only hesitation is the $200. Anyone think that these won't be the best choice for the next year or so?
These mats have been available for other cars, for several years now, and imo, they’re still the class leader. Something better can always come along, but $200 is pretty reasonable, if you ask me. I paid way more for the weathertechs in my SUV, and hate the way they look after a couple years of use.

Interesting, the OP in that link mentions a Velcro squishing sound on the dead pedal, due to the fibers on the undersurface of the mat. Do the M3 mats have that issue, too?

I didnt notice much “squishing” on mine. There are small fibers under the mat and they are hardly noticeable when installed even under the dead pedal. Friend of mine has the other rubber mats installed. I like these Maxpiders a lot more. Still the best aftermarket mat for Model 3 IMO.

Reactions: akidesir