Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love to see some pics of them installed if anyone gets a chance!

Just installed mine when I got home today. Sat in the back, didn't realize how dirty my shoes were before taking the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20180810_130151.jpg
    IMG_20180810_130151.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20180810_130219.jpg
    IMG_20180810_130219.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20180810_130246.jpg
    IMG_20180810_130246.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20180810_130313.jpg
    IMG_20180810_130313.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 102
Boy, mfg is having trouble keeping up with demand on these things! After waiting for my Amazon order to ship for over a month, I canceled and ordered from Auto Anything. They originally estimated shipping August 7 thru 9...I just checked again and it now says Estimated Shipping Date: 9/14/2018. Geez. Maybe I should order the ones for my car after the Model 3 .. .

• Funny
Reactions: AnarchyEOD
Boy, mfg is having trouble keeping up with demand on these things! After waiting for my Amazon order to ship for over a month, I canceled and ordered from Auto Anything. They originally estimated shipping August 7 thru 9...I just checked again and it now says Estimated Shipping Date: 9/14/2018. Geez. Maybe I should order the ones for my car after the Model 3 .. .
I ordered from partcatalog com

I ordered from Auto Anything also and received an email this morning indicating the same. My car is being delivered Tuesday (fingers crossed), so this is very disappointing. This was my first order with Auto Anything. I should have stuck with Part Catalog.

Reactions: insaneoctane
Just to be clear, and without wanting to annoy:

There is no such thing as "voiding the warranty" as was proposed. I may be accused of being pedantic... but this is important for every consumer to understand. Much blood and money was spilled to come up with the Magnusen-Moss act. And it is meant to protect the consumer from manufacturers denying claims simply because the consumer may have modified something that did not affect the component in question.

This idea of "will void the warranty" is something that the manufacturers of various products have conjured to protect themselves. And this concept is no longer legal to present to consumers. There is nothing you (as a consumer) can do to void a warranty. The warranty is what it is, regardless of consumer action.

Now... a manufacturer does not need to repair or replace something under their warranty if it can be proven that the consumer purposefully modified something that negatively affected some other part that the consumer wants fixed, or is itself being claimed as a manufacturing defect. And again, this does not "void the warranty." In fact, this situation is an integral part of the warranty.

Just because I know the law, does not mean that I don't care. (in fact, I'm pretty sure that's the opposite) And my example of a consumer modifying a light and having the manufacturer deny a claim for failed suspension is quite relevant. If you modify something in your car, it never "voids the warranty." It simply means that the manufacturer has to prove that any modification you performed resulted in the failure of the part for which you are claiming warranty coverage. And if that isn't possible, the part must be covered under the offered warranty.

In your example of the mat beginning to tear (presumably at the hole where you removed the logo), there's a good chance that the mat will not be repaired or replaced. And that is NOT because the warranty was voided, but because under the warranty, the manufacturer is not responsible for the failure. (that said, any manufacturer with good customer service would replace this. But under law, they likely would not be required to do so).

Now, if you removed the logo, and the top edge of the mat began to curl, it it started to tear somewhere away from those holes... there's precious little chance that it can be proven that removal of the logo was responsible for this failure.

I hope that's more clear. But I fully admit that it was typed well after beer o'clock.

By the way, I did remove the logos and filled the holes with clear epoxy and it is 1000x better. Incidentally, taking out the mats that come with the Model 3 also makes the Kagu fit and look much better. These are excellent mats.

By the way, I did remove the logos and filled the holes with clear epoxy and it is 1000x better. Incidentally, taking out the mats that come with the Model 3 also makes the Kagu fit and look much better. These are excellent mats.

Do you have any photos of how the mats look without the logo?

Also, those mats are definitely meant to be used in place of existing mats (I have some in my current car).

Yes. This. Don't use them on top of anything else. They won't just fit BETTER alone, they'll actually fit.
FYI,
I installed them right on top of the existing factory mats. (Pics in post #412 )Thought it might be an issue, completely forgot that I did until I read this post. :) Fit was still perfect. Very secure snug & form fitting. Might even provide a bit of cushion/padding.
Preordered on eBay using eBay coupon.

$237-$47.40 USD
Total $189.60 USD
Ordered 6/6/18
Shipped 7/10/18
Arrived 7/13/18

Currently out of stock
(preorder not available at this time)
Tesla Model 3 2017-2018 Frt & Rear KAGU 3D MAXpider All Weather Liners IN STOCK | eBay

Reactions: wbhokie