Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Boy, mfg is having trouble keeping up with demand on these things! After waiting for my Amazon order to ship for over a month, I canceled and ordered from Auto Anything. They originally estimated shipping August 7 thru 9...I just checked again and it now says Estimated Shipping Date: 9/14/2018. Geez. Maybe I should order the ones for my car after the Model 3 .. .

This has been the problem with 3D Maxpider Kagu mats across the board for Telsas since we were looking to buy a set for our Model S early last year. They only manufacture so many and ship them States side and just about as quickly as they come in, they get bought out. Had read about them in a TMC forum post from maybe a year or so before we got our MS and same issue of quick sell out back then. With SO MANY Model 3s being produced now, this is a bigger issue for mats for that Model than the Model S or X I think. Best advice for anyone is if you are in the market for them and see them in stock, order them without giving it a second thought or you could be waiting months for the next batch coming from China.

BTW our Model 3 kagu mats arrived end of this week from PartsCatalog and I just got around to opening the box (expecting car soon). Everything looked fine. Came delivered in a plain brown box with the mats in a 3DMaxpider plastic bag. They were delayed shipping out beyond our quoted timeframe and we did receive an email from PartsCatalog letting us know that they had so many orders over that weekend to get out that they were running behind and some orders would be delayed a few more days. The email was appreciated (generated by them on their own) and I appreciated the status update as I hadn't seen a shipping email at that point and had started to wonder. They did assure us that it was just a shipping delay from them to us and made a point of letting us know that our mats were indeed there in their warehouse and just waiting to ship. I did subsequently receive a shipping notice a few days later and even got a "your order has been delivered" email too. Had been tracking the package myself but thought that was very good communications on their part. First time ordering from them.

BTW I've ordered from Autoanything.com in the past and they too are at the mercy of U-Ace (mfgrs of 3DMaxpider) on getting in these mats, just like Amazon is waiting. I have ordered a few other items from Autoanything.com and been very pleased with their service. Heck we had our June order placed into Amazon for these Model 3 mats before we cancelled when I saw PartsCatalog had them in stock. Our Model S kagu mats came from Amazon, but I knew to jump when I saw the Model 3 listed In Stock elsewhere. U-Ace makes these mats for many other vehicles so people and resellers are really at their production mercy.

• Informative
Reactions: insaneoctane
BTW I've ordered from Autoanything.com in the past and they too are at the mercy of U-Ace (mfgrs of 3DMaxpider) on getting in these mats, just like Amazon is waiting. I have ordered a few other items from Autoanything.com and been very pleased with their service. Heck we had our June order placed into Amazon for these Model 3 mats before we cancelled when I saw PartsCatalog had them in stock. Our Model S kagu mats came from Amazon, but I knew to jump when I saw the Model 3 listed In Stock elsewhere. U-Ace makes these mats for many other vehicles so people and resellers are really at their production mercy.

Where is link to buy from AutoAnything? I don’t see anything in search results.

I got mine today and put them in. Fit was really great on drivers side and rear seats. I especially love the coverage in the back.

The passenger footwell has been a disappointment though. I will let them settle overnight but I have bunching along the side and can't quite get it to lock into place like the drivers side. I'm also not sure how that flap in the upper right is supposed to fit in. I will take some pics later to try and illustrate. Way too tired now.

cc @partcatalog

I emailed AutoAnything a few days ago to confirm they are still aiming at a delivery date of no later than Aug 22 and they told me the following.

We will be happy to assist you with your request.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to explain the situation, Ian. Due to the popularity of 3D Maxpider's products, the manufacturer's production is occasionally unable to keep up with consumers demands.

Now, since your order was processed, your new estimated shipping date is no later than 8/22/2018. Once we have received a shipping notification, we will notify you immediately.

Please feel free to contact us back at 1-800-874-8888 if you have any questions or need further assistance.

We appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,

Cecilia, part of your AutoAnything.com team

Hopefully I’ll see mine fairly soon.

I ordered on AutoAnything and have a really bad experience. I ordered on 7/25 when they were in stock. Website said est delivery date 8/9-8/13. Today 8/14 I called their customer service since I didnt get an email saying it was shipped. The guy who answered told me he has my order and will ship it today and I will get a confirmation email. checked my email and the email said that estimated shipping date is 8/31!!! I called again different guy answered and said that it was a mistake saying that he called the supplier and they wont be in stock until mid September! I was so upset. why would they put estimated delivery dates then not inform you after the date has passed and lie saying it is there then change again the delivery date. I wish I ordered somewhere else even if it was more expensive at least I would have gotten it on time.

I ordered on AutoAnything and have a really bad experience. I ordered on 7/25 when they were in stock. Website said est delivery date 8/9-8/13. Today 8/14 I called their customer service since I didnt get an email saying it was shipped. The guy who answered told me he has my order and will ship it today and I will get a confirmation email. checked my email and the email said that estimated shipping date is 8/31!!! I called again different guy answered and said that it was a mistake saying that he called the supplier and they wont be in stock until mid September! I was so upset. why would they put estimated delivery dates then not inform you after the date has passed and lie saying it is there then change again the delivery date. I wish I ordered somewhere else even if it was more expensive at least I would have gotten it on time.

I'm in the same boat as you (got the 8/31 email yesterday). Unfortunately, it's an issue with MAXpider and not as much AutoAnything.

If you go back a few pages (Post 325), there was a different reseller stating MAXpider sent incorrect inventory updates out so when I ordered, I never expected them to hit their promise date but was fine with that knowing I was getting 20% off. It is a little disappointing they didn't send an update until the end of their original delivery window but also will not be surprised if it gets delayed again.

I got mine today and put them in. Fit was really great on drivers side and rear seats. I especially love the coverage in the back.

The passenger footwell has been a disappointment though. I will let them settle overnight but I have bunching along the side and can't quite get it to lock into place like the drivers side. I'm also not sure how that flap in the upper right is supposed to fit in. I will take some pics later to try and illustrate. Way too tired now.

cc @partcatalog

Same. The other two pieces fit perfect but the passenger side does not appear to be the right fit at all. It really looks a bit goofy in the upper right side, to where I thought maybe I had been installing it wrong and trying to force it in any other direction creates a gap between the mat and the floor. Trying to finagle it created an ugly crease too that I wasn't stoked about. I've read this from a few other reviews as well. I wonder if Tesla modified it at all slightly??

@yyzunderdog
@Kelmn07

Can you send us an email with photos showing the issue? I tried sending a direct message but can't find a way to. You can just email us by replying to either your order confirmation or shipping confirmation.

There is a known issue on the passenger right hand side due to a bad panel install by Tesla, and is a really easy fix. I'd like to see your photos, it sounds like it might be the same issue.

We're always available to help with any issues, so if you have any questions please reach out to us directly. We don't check the forums every day and would prefer to keep 1-on-1 customer support via email.

So far only 2-3 people have reached out, and all confirmed that the fix worked.

• Informative
Reactions: roguenode
@yyzunderdog
@Kelmn07

Can you send us an email with photos showing the issue? I tried sending a direct message but can't find a way to. You can just email us by replying to either your order confirmation or shipping confirmation.

There is a known issue on the passenger right hand side due to a bad panel install by Tesla, and is a really easy fix. I'd like to see your photos, it sounds like it might be the same issue.

We're always available to help with any issues, so if you have any questions please reach out to us directly. We don't check the forums every day and would prefer to keep 1-on-1 customer support via email.

So far only 2-3 people have reached out, and all confirmed that the fix worked.
Great customer service IMO
BTW, seems like everyone on this thread might benefit from understanding the bad panel and fix....