Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Model Y Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI the floor mats, front cargo, and rear cargo are in production in Taiwan but we don't have an ETA yet....I'm guessing sometime mid-August.

Should I believe RPMTesla then? I emailed again, and they told me their shipment was on its way, but there were errors in the production, and they had to go back and resize some. They told me expectation is to have them by end of next week and shipping on same day? But if you think they're still in Taiwan on production lines, I'm thinking of just cancelling my order with RPM and then deciding if I do want these or just go with something else.

Should I believe RPMTesla then? I emailed again, and they told me their shipment was on its way, but there were errors in the production, and they had to go back and resize some. They told me expectation is to have them by end of next week and shipping on same day? But if you think they're still in Taiwan on production lines, I'm thinking of just cancelling my order with RPM and then deciding if I do want these or just go with something else.
As the account manager at 3D U Ace, I've talked directly with our logistics person and can verify. Yes, we shifted a part of production from China to Taiwan. You can call the office and ask for Tony.

Reactions: AdVanced
The only thing I didn't like about the partcatalog site is that they charged the full amount for the mats and nobody knows when they will be available. If it's a preorder I assumed I would get charged when they are ready to ship.

The only thing I didn't like about the partcatalog site is that they charged the full amount for the mats and nobody knows when they will be available. If it's a preorder I assumed I would get charged when they are ready to ship.

That's where I ordered from personally, they did charge me right away but there is a notice on their website that says 1 to 2 months last update on May 28th. they also say right there that it is a pre-order, and I can see the order as waiting to ship in my account.I a sent them emails and gotten prompt responses talking about how they are excited to get them in people's hands.

Reactions: jimmym1981

Hello there! We did the pre-orders for the Model 3 liners, and have a long history in the Tesla communities. What we learned from the Model 3 floor mats is that there are 2 types of customers 1) people that want to just pre-order and not worry about it again and 2) people that would prefer to wait until it's in stock.

For the folks in the 1st bucket, we are accepting pre-orders right now and we'll send you regular email updates along the way. We want to be 100% transparent and not provide unrealistic expectations. We do charge up-front, for a couple of reasons: 1) with a paid order we can actually reserve you a set, and 2) it's impossible for us to hunt down payment information when it's time to ship. You'd be surprised how many people's credit card information changes in a 2 month period, and how many people just don't answer emails or phone. It's easier for us to handle everything all up front, so we can focus 100% on shipping when the moment comes.

However... we know some people don't want to pay up front, and that's okay! We still have our stock notifications set up (make sure ad block is turned off so you'll see it), so you can also subscribe your email address and we'll send you an email once they are ready for immediate shipment. As the manufacturer stated above this is likely around mid-August. Once we have a more firm estimate we will inform all pre-orders and update our website.

FYI the floor mats, front cargo, and rear cargo are in production in Taiwan but we don't have an ETA yet....I'm guessing sometime mid-August.

Ok, glad to hear that they are all in production and that the cargo mats are supposed to be available at the same time.

Hello there! We did the pre-orders for the Model 3 liners, and have a long history in the Tesla communities. What we learned from the Model 3 floor mats is that there are 2 types of customers 1) people that want to just pre-order and not worry about it again and 2) people that would prefer to wait until it's in stock.

For the folks in the 1st bucket, we are accepting pre-orders right now and we'll send you regular email updates along the way. We want to be 100% transparent and not provide unrealistic expectations. We do charge up-front, for a couple of reasons: 1) with a paid order we can actually reserve you a set, and 2) it's impossible for us to hunt down payment information when it's time to ship. You'd be surprised how many people's credit card information changes in a 2 month period, and how many people just don't answer emails or phone. It's easier for us to handle everything all up front, so we can focus 100% on shipping when the moment comes.

However... we know some people don't want to pay up front, and that's okay! We still have our stock notifications set up (make sure ad block is turned off so you'll see it), so you can also subscribe your email address and we'll send you an email once they are ready for immediate shipment. As the manufacturer stated above this is likely around mid-August. Once we have a more firm estimate we will inform all pre-orders and update our website.

Ok...usually there is a package deal where if you buy the floor mats and the cargo mats at the same time, there is a discount. What if we preorder the floor mats..and then find out the cargo mats are also available at the same time and want those as well?

We appreciate you getting on here and letting us know. As for me, I know the mats are amazing so I dont mind paying money to reserve them even if its a few months out. I appreciate you being 100% transparent with the payment and struggles! Cannot wait to get my hands on them!

That's where I ordered from personally, they did charge me right away but there is a notice on their website that says 1 to 2 months last update on May 28th. they also say right there that it is a pre-order, and I can see the order as waiting to ship in my account.I a sent them emails and gotten prompt responses talking about how they are excited to get them in people's hands.
What isn't highlighted is that they charge you $15 if you cancel your order - Seriously? Who does that? They won't even come in for 2 - 3 months - not like I got them and returned them. No more orders there for me...

Edit: Here's their cancelation policy, copied from their website:

Order Cancelations
  • Contact us immediately to request a cancelation
  • We cannot cancel an order if the product has already shipped
  • We are not able to cancel custom manufactured items (including pre-painted items)
  • If the order has been delivered, please request a return
Do you see anywhere it say's they'll charge you $15 to cancel? Neither did I. "Open and transparent" they're not. OK I'm done - I've just never had anyone do this before on something not even close to shipping...

Last edited:
What isn't highlighted is that they charge you $15 if you cancel your order - Seriously? Who does that? They won't even come in for 2 - 3 months - not like I got them and returned them. No more orders there for me...

Edit: Here's their cancelation policy, copied from their website:

Order Cancelations
  • Contact us immediately to request a cancelation
  • We cannot cancel an order if the product has already shipped
  • We are not able to cancel custom manufactured items (including pre-painted items)
  • If the order has been delivered, please request a return
Do you see anywhere it say's they'll charge you $15 to cancel? Neither did I. "Open and transparent" they're not. OK I'm done - I've just never had anyone do this before on something not even close to shipping...
How do you know the $15 policy?

How do you know the $15 policy?
Because I asked to cancel yesterday and they did, but charged me $15! This is their response when I questioned it.
“We have a $15 cancelation fee for pre-orders, more information on this can be found on the product page for the Tesla Model Y liners. This fee is due to processing costs that are not refunded to us, in addition to costs we incur re-selling the liner that was previously reserved.”

Yeah OK fool me once.... :(

Because I asked to cancel yesterday and they did, but charged me $15! This is their response when I questioned it.
“We have a $15 cancelation fee for pre-orders, more information on this can be found on the product page for the Tesla Model Y liners. This fee is due to processing costs that are not refunded to us, in addition to costs we incur re-selling the liner that was previously reserved.”

Yeah OK fool me once.... :(
Oh, wow. Well I’m glad we are keeping our order but indeed that is different! Hopefully the policy will change. Doesn’t really make sense.

Ok...usually there is a package deal where if you buy the floor mats and the cargo mats at the same time, there is a discount. What if we preorder the floor mats..and then find out the cargo mats are also available at the same time and want those as well?

Yes we will open the cargo+frunk once it is closer to time. For now we are only doing pre-orders on the cabin liners but we will 100% be selling the trunk/frunk.

I will remove this policy, as I believe we missed the boat on the intent of this. We're just trying to avoid situations that we ran into with the Model 3 liners, where fly-by-night sellers (some of which don't even deliver) run incentives to change the pre-order. We had some cases where folks were canceling pre-orders, only to re-order multiple times. We are charged a processing fee every time this happens, and it doesn't get refunded to us.

However after reading this, I understand that we shouldn't charge customers and we should find another way to mitigate this.

No need to PM me your order number, I'll refund it for all pre-order cancelations we've processed. If you don't see it in your inbox by Monday, please let me know.

Yes we will open the cargo+frunk once it is closer to time. For now we are only doing pre-orders on the cabin liners but we will 100% be selling the trunk/frunk.

I will remove this policy, as I believe we missed the boat on the intent of this. We're just trying to avoid situations that we ran into with the Model 3 liners, where fly-by-night sellers (some of which don't even deliver) run incentives to change the pre-order. We had some cases where folks were canceling pre-orders, only to re-order multiple times. We are charged a processing fee every time this happens, and it doesn't get refunded to us.

However after reading this, I understand that we shouldn't charge customers and we should find another way to mitigate this.

No need to PM me your order number, I'll refund it for all pre-order cancelations we've processed. If you don't see it in your inbox by Monday, please let me know.

Ok, good to know about opening up to frunk/trunk liners when they get closer to shipped. I would hate to miss out on a big discount on buying the whole package vs buying two separate products.

And...as a retailer...I totally get refund transactions. Normally...3.5%, charged on the preorder, and then another 3.5% on the refund.

So..$200 order...$7 fee to the merchant...and then ...refund that $200 order...another $7. Hence..the $15 cancel charge.

Ok, good to know about opening up to frunk/trunk liners when they get closer to shipped. I would hate to miss out on a big discount on buying the whole package vs buying two separate products.

And...as a retailer...I totally get refund transactions. Normally...3.5%, charged on the preorder, and then another 3.5% on the refund.

So..$200 order...$7 fee to the merchant...and then ...refund that $200 order...another $7. Hence..the $15 cancel charge.
And yet somehow retailers manage to figure this into the cost of doing business everyday, especially with everyone ordering online now. I've been doing it for over 20 years and this is the first time something like this has come up. People shop with businesses with good customer service and policies and avoid those who don't....

Reactions: jimmym1981