Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3d Printed Frunk Leveler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla is now the perfect pizza acquisition tool. Toppings stay where they are supposed to be. No grease getting onto seats. No sliding around in the spacious trunk.

Tesla Model3 Frunk Leveler by TickTock

featured_preview_tm3fl.jpg

featured_preview_tm3fl2.jpg

I can't bring myself to use the frunk with any regularity because it's too damned inconvenient to open and close.

Making it a pain to close without getting handprints on the paint is annoying, but I can live with it. Not making the Tesla badge function as a button to open the frunk was a huge design miss, though. I'm not going to take out my phone to open the frunk on a regular basis, nor am I going to lean into the car to press the button. Therefore, the crap I need to carry but don't want to ever use stays in there: air compressor, jack pads, snow chains, mobile charge connector.

I have to say I'm loving this in the current env. I also have power frunk accessory. My kids accuse me of "flexing" but it's fun to opening and closing the frunk for the curbside service for no-touch pickup. The shelf makes it easy to load and keep everything level (have to go easy on the pedals, on the ride home though :'(

I have to say I'm loving this in the current env. I also have power frunk accessory. My kids accuse me of "flexing" but it's fun to opening and closing the frunk for the curbside service for no-touch pickup. The shelf makes it easy to load and keep everything level (have to go easy on the pedals, on the ride home though :'(

do you have a little sign that hangs down saying you'll close it, or do you trust workers to close your frunk without bending it?

I like the tilt. Small things won't roll around as easily.

I tend to agree with this. For me, the tilt keeps things sort of tucked against the forward/front wall of the frunk. As a result, things tend to stay where intended. Of course, there are indeed times where a flat surface would be preferred. However, for those times, I simply use the trunk. Nevertheless, I do like the idea of this frunk leveler and can see it being useful to some. Well done!

I too only use it for infrequently accessed items... The design of the frunk lid and latch is very poor.

Agree about Tesla’s design & implementation of the frunk. I bought/installed one of those powered frunk (as well as trunk) kits. For me, the coolness factor alone was worth the price of admission. Of course, more importantly, it has made using the frunk extremely easy & functional... to a point where I use it in almost every occasion where I want to put something in the trunk or frunk.